Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 17, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #13,906 of 18,013
Black bottom, blue top for me. Max bass, no filtering on the treble.

mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #13,907 of 18,013
Aug 17, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #13,909 of 18,013
All of these latest posts make me SOOOOOO GLAD that Bob created the whole filter set where everyone can make different combinations to suit them. I would have sold all my IMR IEMs if they only came with black/blue. On my system, that combination sounds horrible. For my ACE, I have gold lower and red upper. For my Titan, I have red lower and green upper. Any other combination is a noticeable step down. When I owned the Zenith 2, I used red lower and red upper. So literally no single combination suited every IEM for me.

Thankfully the rest of us aren't stuck with black/blue.

Aug 17, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #13,910 of 18,013
All of these latest posts make me SOOOOOO GLAD that Bob created the whole filter set where everyone can make different combinations to suit them. I would have sold all my IMR IEMs if they only came with black/blue. On my system, that combination sounds horrible. For my ACE, I have gold lower and red upper. For my Titan, I have red lower and green upper. Any other combination is a noticeable step down. When I owned the Zenith 2, I used red lower and red upper. So literally no single combination suited every IEM for me.

Thankfully the rest of us aren't stuck with black/blue.
As you say, different strokes for different folks. Having owned almost all the IMR models since the original R1, I do experiment with nozzles if I don't like the sound, but I generally find that as an audiophile basshead, the only two IEMs of Bob's I've wanted to tone down the bass on were the Semper and the Opus Mia. I generally find black/blue fits my sonic preferences on most things, so it's my go to.

There will never be one FR to rule them all, so choice is definitely a good thing here. :wink:

Edit: I would caveat that the reason I love IMR in ears is because they deliver that sweet bass without drowning or recessing the mids - if the midrange was less well done or less prominent in Bob's tunings, it just wouldn't work for me. IMR are the first brand since the OG Aurisonics guys to get that legendary "bass monster with forward mids" sound going on (my favourite IEM for quite a few years was the ASG-2.5 from them - a legendary in ear)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #13,913 of 18,013
So I have now received tracking for both Zion and Na-Le my first tracking numbers for either so I feel confident I will have both early next week. Watch this space...

Aug 18, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #13,914 of 18,013
Owners of the original PB1 and opus Mia I now use blue bottom black top, which in the past was too bloom laden in the bass obliterating the mids but with Dunu SS XL tips that's completely fixed huge bass but clean and bloom free they also work well with IKKO OH5 ASGARD if anyone has those.

Aug 18, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #13,915 of 18,013
So I have now received tracking for both Zion and Na-Le my first tracking numbers for either so I feel confident I will have both early next week. Watch this space...
In the same position. Messaged Bob at the start of the week asking if they would be here before Canjam as I've got a mate I'm meeting up with that wants to hear some IMR gear - he reckoned there was an outside chance they would be here by Sat, but more likely start of next week (UK). Adding standard Bob tax, guessing next week towards the end. Either way, nice to see some hopefully positive signs of movement.

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #13,916 of 18,013
I messaged Bob over the weekend and he said I'd have "automated tracking" by Monday. Still nothing. I've been through this rodeo before, but not this long and with as many unkept promises. I hope they ship really soon.

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #13,917 of 18,013
It's the one thing you can't recommend IMR for - their estimation of shipping dates and transparency around why stuff hasn't shipped yet is borderline fraudulent.

Good job it's balanced out by excellent customer service, solid delivery record (stuff has always shipped EVENTUALLY, and the rare cases of in stock gear ships straight away) and a willingness to refund in most cases.

Oh, and the IEMs pretty much always sound fantastic - that definitely helps. :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #13,918 of 18,013
Fingers crossed about Na-Le...
Funny thing, I got Dunu Falcon Ultra, 4 days after order all the way from China

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #13,919 of 18,013
Fingers crossed about Na-Le...
Funny thing, I got Dunu Falcon Ultra, 4 days after order all the way from China
It is what it is my iems from China usually take 2-4weeks but I always go standard delivery I'm a strong believer in delayed gratification 😁🤘

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #13,920 of 18,013
It is what it is my iems from China usually take 2-4weeks but I always go standard delivery I'm a strong believer in delayed gratification 😁🤘
Your wife must be very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back