• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #13,741 of 18,013
Once i get the engima+ that is 🤣
Whenever the comparison of TITAN and Enigma/Enigma+ happens in person in future .............:)

3a35.gif

Edit: And when Engima actually meets with Titan after getting down from Royalmail delivery van

h4m.gif

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #13,742 of 18,013
Actually, Bob is currently busy planning another pre-order of this year...
This sounds very sinister. I'm tired of waiting for Na-Le and I'm really sorry for the people who can get into this situation.

Attachments

• Dr_Evil.jpg
    Dr_Evil.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #13,743 of 18,013
This sounds very sinister. I'm tired of waiting for Na-Le and I'm really sorry for the people who can get into this situation.
Hey..don't get disheartened. There is good news in IMR event horizon thread that two days back someone had received a new tracking number and the tracking status showed that EH transit just begun.

May be few more weeks for NaLe and Zion...........

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #13,744 of 18,013
Hey..don't get disheartened. There is good news in IMR event horizon thread that two days back someone had received a new tracking number and the tracking status showed that EH transit just begun.

Hope dies last. I will hope for a change in the status of the shipment.

Jul 28, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #13,745 of 18,013
I'm sure they will arrive in the end, though the story changes with each "update".

But it must be said enthusiasm is dampened now it appears it is all being made in China.

Any actual British iem makers still in existence?

Jul 28, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #13,746 of 18,013
I'm sure they will arrive in the end, though the story changes with each "update".

But it must be said enthusiasm is dampened now it appears it is all being made in China.

Any actual British iem makers still in existence?
I think the last update from Bob was they were assembled and made in Germany

In the end most electronic devices/ components are chinese somewhere in the chain. I predict with world politics the way they are this may change to India in the future.

Jul 28, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #13,747 of 18,013
I think the last update from Bob was they were assembled and made in Germany

In the end most electronic devices/ components are chinese somewhere in the chain. I predict with world politics the way they are this may change to India in the future.
Yes that was quite a while ago, however, and since we are seeing IMRs for sale in China.

Unless they are being made there it makes little logistics sense to sell through them when the customers are principally in Europe & US.

We have also seen an increase in scale of units being produced, if you remember Bob said he was scaling things drastically back and stopping special builds altogether before.

Makes obvious business sense to do so, just a shame.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #13,748 of 18,013
My experience:

I'm fixated on the treble harshness. Pretty gnarly sibilance which is super disappointing. Still burning in a pair of b stocks i got a while back. I don't think it's specific tracks (male and female vocals...in folk, rock , hip-hop) but rather a badly implemented BA. Some vocal tracks don t have sibilance but treble feels weird across the board. (Edited this after spending time with them...just bad treble..harsh, artificial...and listening on a warmish system).

Mostly sound good on instrumentals and some electronic (again treble sounds unnatural and harsh). Knowing what I know, for the price of a seraphina+ I wouldn't go there. Id venture to guess that the seraphina (without +) is better in this regard.

Soundstage is pretty wide and deep, layering and sound position /isolation are strong, but none of that matters when your eardrums are attacked by Sssssssssss knives.

Running it on the most dampened upper filter...and final comment: from my pov too much money to be genre specific.

I think others will have different views. At this point wishing the BAs were replaced with electrostatic.

Im using no-damping blue nozzle with black bottom and pure silver cable on Seraph
I mostly listen to Jpop and I don't hear any sibilance 🤔
in general the trebles sound good to me but I agree sometimes they are a bit harsh , especially listen to some bad recording and old tracks

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #13,750 of 18,013
I was using 23 rah for a couple of weeks as my daily driver, didn’t had a problem with it, suddenly changed to my audio technica ckr 100 and damn… the treble … kinda made me think that I’m so used to low treble in the imr signature, it felt like a breath in details. Even though the soundstage and bass are less expanded, the details in the sub bass and mid bass were more evident, im hoping for Zion to have more air in the higher end and more control in bass, according to the descriptions and to what I understand it supposed to have the driver working facing each other to the extent of correcting each other in distortion.

let’s wait (more) and see…

Jul 28, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #13,751 of 18,013

How many imr threads is there ? Only one im in is this one.
Is there any for the iems?

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #13,753 of 18,013
IMR BC 2023 and some IDM 💯
Love BC with most electronica, this no exception.

PXL_20230728_211513185.jpg

Jul 29, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #13,754 of 18,013
Got some cables for Halcyon. Damn TRN silver one is just awful sonically. It's my first TRN cable (and my first cheap'ish cable) and I am honestly shocked that "pure silver" cable can kill both resolution and soundstage. For example on Jaktens tid live version the vocals become a total mess. Ergonomically it's one of the best and I like it, but am really sceptical of how it's made in terms of materials and craftsmanship. It's really cheap (30 eur), but in my opinion it's a wasted 30 eur.

Have you had any luck with "cheap" cables? And by cheap I mean the constantly discounted ones, like 30 instead of 90 etc, when pretty sure it pure marketing bs. I really didn't expect it to be  that bad, so now I wonder if it makes sense trying some other or better to stay away from that whole lot?

Jul 30, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #13,755 of 18,013
Got some cables for Halcyon. Damn TRN silver one is just awful sonically. It's my first TRN cable (and my first cheap'ish cable) and I am honestly shocked that "pure silver" cable can kill both resolution and soundstage. For example on Jaktens tid live version the vocals become a total mess. Ergonomically it's one of the best and I like it, but am really sceptical of how it's made in terms of materials and craftsmanship. It's really cheap (30 eur), but in my opinion it's a wasted 30 eur.

Have you had any luck with "cheap" cables? And by cheap I mean the constantly discounted ones, like 30 instead of 90 etc, when pretty sure it pure marketing bs. I really didn't expect it to be  that bad, so now I wonder if it makes sense trying some other or better to stay away from that whole lot?
A pure silver cable cannot cost 30 euros, such cables cost $500 and up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back