• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 3, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #13,351 of 18,017
Welcome!
From now on, I will say "Jeebuz" to anyone who annoys me!
Thanks for the new word!

PS: I remember you saying there was something strange the Elan+ does to hi-hats. Have you discovered it?
PPS: Bob is right...
Try "Jeebuz Creepers" . . . loudly :D
although honestly 'Jeebuz' I use when I am not annoyed

If memory serves with hi hats I find they are not always as loud as I would expect BUT they are tonally accurate

PS Bob is right - I am also right. ...that doesn't necessarily mean that either of us is correct though
PPS whadaya mean Welcome! - We have met before !

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #13,352 of 18,017
Trying a few different iem's to get some use out of them including, EDP A, and thought I'd listen to Ozars to see how they compare. How can a cheap (freebie) single dd sound so good? Solid bass (mostly mid bass) and good treble, which is just enough.
Using blue/blue on my IMR's (like this combo but might be a touch too much treble with Ozar). If you have bought new IMR iem's don't forget about these, if you have them.

Jul 5, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #13,354 of 18,017
I have just received my titans and yep I can see what people are talking about. By far the best and most complete/cohesive sound signature for sure. At first I thought they lacked anything special but comparing to my PB1's, (my previous favourite signature) showed the huge leap ahead. When I say signature, Im referring to the frequency response, nothing missing at all and close to no fatigue, just so smooth! All I could ask for is more detail and soundstage but those are pretty great too. Bob put the response first in priority and I really appreciate that. Every other IEM I have ever tried has had issues with the frequency response or harshness especially when loud so to me this is a first.

I was a bit worried from my experience with the ozar and avalon but my faith in bob is restored.

From about 4hrs of burn in the detail and soundstage are improving a lot further, these are amazing. Im looking forward to spending a lot more time with the titan.

Now I need to sell the my semper.

Jul 5, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #13,355 of 18,017
I have just received my titans and yep I can see what people are talking about. By far the best and most complete/cohesive sound signature for sure. At first I thought they lacked anything special but comparing to my PB1's, (my previous favourite signature) showed the huge leap ahead. When I say signature, Im referring to the frequency response, nothing missing at all and close to no fatigue, just so smooth! All I could ask for is more detail and soundstage but those are pretty great too. Bob put the response first in priority and I really appreciate that. Every other IEM I have ever tried has had issues with the frequency response or harshness especially when loud so to me this is a first.

I was a bit worried from my experience with the ozar and avalon but my faith in bob is restored.

From about 4hrs of burn in the detail and soundstage are improving a lot further, these are amazing. Im looking forward to spending a lot more time with the titan.

What was your issue with Ozar?

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #13,356 of 18,017
What was your issue with Ozar?

I needed to apply the following eq curve to make it usable yet its still harsh to me. The titan is not 100% perfect but by far the closest yet by a large margin. Maybe I had a defective model but the avalon wasnt huge ammounts better.

Attachments

• ozar, still harsh.jpg
    ozar, still harsh.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
Jul 5, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #13,357 of 18,017
I needed to apply the following eq curve to make it usable yet its still harsh to me. The titan is not 100% perfect but by far the closest yet by a large margin. Maybe I had a defective model but the avalon wasnt huge ammounts better.
Of course we all hear differently. The Ozar sound is not definitive to every Ozar or listener. I still find the Ozar totally listenable across the FR. Great IEM.

Jul 5, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #13,359 of 18,017

let the TITANS work 600 hours or more
and then listen to the TITANS with a BURSON type amplifier, you will be pleasantly surprised by the sound of the TITANS.

Jul 5, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #13,360 of 18,017
Anyone who has used/still has a pair of R1 Zeniths: how'd you get on with them? I have a B-stock pair coming next week :)
I got a set recently they are a fab aggressive bass monster very good with heavy metal

Jul 5, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #13,361 of 18,017
Anyone who has used/still has a pair of R1 Zeniths: how'd you get on with them? I have a B-stock pair coming next week :)
The biggest issue I have with R1 Zenith is its 5KHZ peak. If you use it with a warm sounding DAP/Player with the filter having least to moderate amount of bass, then it should be ok. Black filter does not sound good with Warm players.
I found the instrument separation and soundstage average too.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #13,362 of 18,017
A few minutes ago, I've put the Reference combination, Purple/Red I think, back on my Elan+
Using them with my iFi GO Pod, listening to YouTube Premium right now. (max = 256kbps AAC and OPUS)

I don't want to get too excited but it sounds really great to me!! The bass is dominant and the treble is crystal, at last! The amount of clarity and detail is remarkable, as well! LDAC 990/909kbps. Prior to this combination, I had Maximum Clarity (Grey/Blue), I think. I was not impressed. Too much bass with that one but the treble sounded muffled.

I will try Purple/Red for a few days.

- What should I expect from Purple/Blue?
@jon parker @PeacockObscura @Zeppmeister

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #13,363 of 18,017
A few minutes ago, I've put the Reference combination, Purple/Red I think, back on my Elan+
Using them with my iFi GO Pod, listening to YouTube Premium right now. (max = 256kbps AAC and OPUS)

I don't want to get too excited but it sounds really great to me!! The bass is dominant and the treble is crystal, at last! The amount of clarity and detail is remarkable, as well! LDAC 990/909kbps. Prior to this combination, I had Maximum Clarity (Grey/Blue), I think. I was not impressed. Too much bass with that one but the treble sounded muffled.

I will try Purple/Red for a few days.

- What should I expect from Purple/Blue?
@jon parker @PeacockObscura @Zeppmeister
I haven't tried the reference combo with the Elan+ ... so I think I'll give that a go right now, just to see (er ... hear).

Jul 5, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #13,364 of 18,017
I haven't tried the reference combo with the Elan+ ... so I think I'll give that a go right now, just to see (er ... hear).
Awesome, let us know!

PS: if you don't mind listen to a Trance song, as well, and describe the treble...

Jul 5, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #13,365 of 18,017
so I think I'll give that a go right now, just to see (er ... hear).

PS: if you don't mind listen to a Trance song, as well, and describe the treble...

It may not be trance but close enough for the purposes of evaluation.

* Edit just to say, i do not need an excuse to share music but sometimes, just occasionally it is nice to have one lol *

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back