Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 9, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #12,736 of 18,130
Can anyone who has the old Rah and new Seraph speak to the sound comparisons between the two? I'm still using the old Rah while waiting for the Na Le but am interested in seeing what double the price would achieve in terms of sound fidelity.

Much appreciated!

May 10, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #12,738 of 18,130
Can anyone who has the old Rah and new Seraph speak to the sound comparisons between the two? I'm still using the old Rah while waiting for the Na Le but am interested in seeing what double the price would achieve in terms of sound fidelity.

Much appreciated!
I have old rah and edp ace, but no seraph. I like edp ace above old rah

May 10, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #12,739 of 18,130
I have old rah and edp ace, but no seraph. I like edp ace above old rah
Thank you concept, guess I'll find out and report my findings when my set arrives.

Interesting to note as well that Penon audio also seems to have sets of Seraph up for grabs too like the Elan+. Makes one wonder if only 50 sets were actually made.

Then again it matters little since Seraphina will have the exact same driver setup with just asthetic changes. This could really be Bob's endgame sound in which he's content with after experimenting with so many different driver techs and combinations.

Edit: Seems like Penon audio allows up to 99 units of the Seraph to be ordered before showing that desired stock is insufficient.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #12,741 of 18,130
May 11, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #12,742 of 18,130
Seraphina will be my last iem I buy
Sure... Famous last words.

1683790812112.png

May 11, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #12,743 of 18,130
Seraphina? Either I'm missing another IMR email or my geezer brain is doing its usual.

May 11, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #12,744 of 18,130
Seraphina? Either I'm missing another IMR email or my geezer brain is doing its usual.
Believe Bob has mentioned it to a few people individually - the plan is allegedly to move to two in stock models moving forwards: BC2023 for the "affordable" model and Seraphina for the high end model.

Think he was planning to move into actual in stock selling with the Na-Le, but sounds like global supply/shipping issues with the bone conduction motors put paid to that plan.

May 11, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #12,747 of 18,130
I ask Bob and he said the Seraphina had the same config as Seraph(non+) but with a different shell
So I just bought the B-stock Seraph from ebay
Price barely fit my budget
Maybe the last spend in this year

Yes, and by different shell he means just asthetic changes. Both the size and shape will remain the same. Glad you got a set leaf, I also bought the ebay set on a discounted price compared to new (members price) . I've never spent 4 digit territory on any IEM for that matter, but there's a first for everything 😂

May 11, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #12,748 of 18,130
Been using new rah for the last week, tbh I've been more about transit usage rather than critical usage, still reading the forum but not into the audio world anymore. Today is the first day I realized how much this pair has changed, bass is quite on my alley, hinting to be boomy but controlled, mids are full range and not odd anymore, organs are organic and ddfailed, guitars are vibrant and you can tell the layers of amplification, I'm gladly impressed with em.

Just waiting for Zion but that's it. No more iems for me for a long while, life has changed a lot and cannot afford to spend money on headphones or gear. Still really glad that I got a good variety of things that are more than I can wish for, for listening music.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #12,749 of 18,130
I ask Bob and he said the Seraphina had the same config as Seraph(non+) but with a different shell
So I just bought the B-stock Seraph from ebay
Price barely fit my budget
Maybe the last spend in this year
Interesting to c what this new shell disign will be because i like the ace shell ( same as seraph more less)

May 11, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #12,750 of 18,130
Interesting to c what this new shell disign will be because i like the ace shell ( same as seraph more less)
Elan+ is the same and often I don't really notice them. Quite comfy.

No more iems for me for a long while, life has changed a lot and cannot afford to spend money on headphones or gear. Still really glad that I got a good variety of things that are more than I can wish for, for listening music.

Hope all is well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back