• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 26, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #11,101 of 18,520
Meze don't identify the driver in the Advar so it's not unique to IMR
There have been a few cases of Chi-Fi where the IEMs were disassembled, and proved to have completely different drivers to stated. Why would anyone, Bob included not put all the Specs of what he is selling up? If Meze sell the Advar without giving specs then that is (to me) unethical. What happens when the buyer wants to sell them on?. What is wrong with the truth...or can companies just treat their customers with lies and absurd excuses. Regarding Bob, he usually puts those details up. If not, and I have emailed him to reply with those details, do you think he has a moral and ethical duty to tell me?

Jan 26, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #11,102 of 18,520
I
There have been a few cases of Chi-Fi where the IEMs were disassembled, and proved to have completely different drivers to stated. Why would anyone, Bob included not put all the Specs of what he is selling up? If Meze sell the Advar without giving specs then that is (to me) unethical. What happens when the buyer wants to sell them on?. What is wrong with the truth...or can companies just treat their customers with lies and absurd excuses. Regarding Bob, he usually puts those details up. If not, and I have emailed him to reply with those details, do you think he has a moral and ethical duty to tell me?
I am in no way disparaging your feelings or opinions on this subject I personally am not that bothered unless it's sounds wrong. I suppose if I really like an iem and then discover it as a unique piece of tech in it then I would like to know for future purchasing option by other manufacturers.

As long as DD is one or a planar driver is a planer the materials really don't matter to me.

I know I like Acoustune iems they are Bio drivers whatever that means. But they have an house sound.
IMR have a house sound but use a variety of materials to achieve it.

My point being I tend to base my purchases on the manufacturer and their house sound signatures not the individual composition of the components

But Bob probably should identify for the people who do want to know.
I personally think it's the same DD as the Dark Matter configured and tuned differently

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #11,103 of 18,520
I
I an in no way disparaging your feelings or opinions on this subject I personally am not that bothered unless it's sounds wrong. I suppose if I really like an iem and then discover it as a unique piece of tech in it then I would like to know for future purchasing option by other manufacturers.

As long as DD is one or a planar driver is a planer the materials really don't matter to me.

I know I like Acoustune iems they are Bio drivers whatever that means. But they have an house sound.
IMR have a house sound but use a variety of materials to achieve it.

My point being I tend to base my purchases on the manufacturer and their house sound signatures not the individual composition of the components

But Bob probably should identify for the people who do want to know.
I personally think it's the same DD as the Dark Matter configured and tuned differently
It's ethically right to put details of driver size, whether ADLC, or an earlier version on the IEM page.....to be clear about the goods, to be honest about deliveries etc. etc. We all know that there have been many porky pies told about many things IMR. Honesty is a good medicine......as we travel on the same journey together on this earth, through space.

Jan 26, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #11,104 of 18,520
Meze don't identify the driver in the Advar so it's not unique to IMR
From the Meze Advar page

"Inside the shell, a precisely tuned 10.2 mm single dynamic driver".

At least they put the size. I wonder what the size of the BC driver is 🤔?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #11,105 of 18,520
From the Meze Advar page

"Inside the shell, a precisely tuned 10.2 mm single dynamic driver".

At least they put the size. I wonder what the size of the BC driver is 🤔?
I was going to share that :smile: (largely because I have an Advar based on his endorsement), but I think our friend Andy means the materials.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #11,106 of 18,520
Wait until definitive burnt Elan+ reviews will be done.
Yes this. 80 hours in bass has settled a little down from its out of the box insanity but is still on course to be my favourite IMR bass.

Comparing with the DM today which has fabulous bass & are fully burned in the E+ goes deeper has more impact & is more detailed. Mids are more prominent compared to the DM & vocals are a big improvement over them with better placement & detail. Harmonies sound great. Highs are definitely improved but were the weakness of the DM.

One thing that stands out with them is when wating for big bass, drums or vocals to come in these never disappoint. My anticipation was always satisfied.

My early impressions were based on hearing the E+ with my zishan ak4499 device I use for burn in duties. Its a great little player but today I tried the E+ with the 300Max and it was a memorable session. They blew me away. They could handle everything it was pumping out effortlessly & while they don't need power they will reward being given it.

Fit is very important to get max bass. I put them in and push them down towards bottom of ear canal to get the best fit or contact.
With that in mind these are the best implementation of bone conduction I've heard as there is so much contact with the ear. Compared to others I've heard (Mest mk1 & 2, Mext, Astra, Elysium & DM) there is more of the fabled holographic effect & placement is perfect as sound can come from anywhere around your head.
I'm sure the bc is covering the full range whereas the Mest say only cover highs & upper mids. This unbalanced the sound on the Mest for me but here the whole range benefits from the clarity & realism bc gives.

The mids & bass were instantly impressive but over time the highs have been impressing me more. They are not in your face with sparkle but have more detail & clarity than more sparkly pairs I own. They don't have cavernous soundstage but I hear things I just can't hear with pairs that have more obvious space. I think this is down to the bone conduction that helps with a more natural placement of sounds plus the clarity & imaging of sounds. I like these highs a lot.

Playing some Boards of Canada today I was hearing details I hadn't heard before even with Semper & Astra. Sounds I thought came & went are actually there the whole time and add new rhythms & patterns to songs I didn't know existed. As I listened I thought this is the best I've heard these tracks but also this is how they are supposed to sound.

Was hoping more would have turned up by now.

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #11,107 of 18,520
Fit is very important to get max bass. I put them in and push them down towards bottom of ear canal to get the best fit or contact.
With that in mind these are the best implementation of bone conduction I've heard as there is so much contact with the ear. Compared to others I've heard (Mest mk1 & 2, Mext, Astra, Elysium & DM) there is more of the fabled holographic effect & placement is perfect as sound can come from anywhere around your head. I'm sure the bc is covering the full range whereas the Mest say only cover highs & upper mids. This unbalanced the sound on the Mest for me but here the whole range benefits from the clarity & realism bc gives.

The mids & bass were instantly impressive but over time the highs have been impressing me more. They are not in your face with sparkle but have more detail & clarity than more sparkly pairs I own. They don't have cavernous soundstage but I hear things I just can't hear with pairs that have more obvious space. I think this is down to the bone conduction that helps with a more natural placement of sounds plus the clarity & imaging of sounds. I like these highs a lot.

Playing some Boards of Canada today I was hearing details I hadn't heard before even with Semper & Astra. Sounds I thought came & went are actually there the whole time and add new rhythms & patterns to songs I didn't know existed. As I listened I thought this is the best I've heard these tracks but also this is how they are supposed to sound.
I might find myself on the Elan + page, clicking add to cart ...

Jan 27, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #11,112 of 18,520
Oh I do like the IMR house sound! As I get the hours on the Bass Cannon, the bass is opening up more and more. The whole sound is a 'full sound'. My set is very easy to drive. The FR blends well from the rumbles of sub-bass, through the mids to the very nice highs. The highs are not bright to my older ears and very well integrated into the overall flavour of the sound. The general sound is so different to all my Chi-Fi IEMs, which often are much brighter than my IMRs. The Bass Cannon is a mystery IEM, an orphan with nothing really known about it, a creative spark from Bob's mind, a handsome child, though with excellent sound. It's very much a kind of open backed Dark Matter. There is no doubt that burn-in is happening over the hours.

Songs that sound great through the BC because of good bass lines of various kinds, drums or bass etc

At the Purchaser's Option - Rhiannon Giddens
Head Full of Blues - Snowy White
Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
Way Down We Go - Kaleo
Slabo Day - Snowy White (live)
Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode (live)
Eve of Agnes - XIXA
Guero Canelo - Calexico
Rescue - Lucinda Williams (album version)

My dream is that one day I'll know the size, make up and general details of the main driver.....:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #11,113 of 18,520
Has anyone tried using the Zenith 2 on a R2R dac? My Z2 works perfectly with the Cayin RU6. Very good synergy.

So far I was too ignorant about cable changes. The Zenith 2 really improves with different cables such as the PAC480. The last couple months I was looking for IEMs with better resolution then the Z2 but I realized that it was pointless. The Z2 have very high resolution. If you need more detail focus it's better to look for better cables and source gear.

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #11,114 of 18,520
Does anyone have a Titan that has made it out of the post office yet? I know they have a lot of catching up to do after hack so just curious…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back