Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #11,116 of 18,013
It seems my BC was finally taken to the post today. Kinda throws out the all being taken to the post office at the same time, since some already have thiers delivered.

I asked Bob a few questions about the 2023 models and only got 1 piece of information from it all . So my question was, would the Rah 23 be an upgrade frome the edp ace. His response was that it's a considerable upgrade, with a new planar driver, and a new generation 11mm adlc driver. So that's all the new information I got. If anyone else can get some real specs of the new BC and all the other pieces that have been updated, please let us know.

I also just talked with someone at Ikko and may be getting an oh7, which is inda my endgame I think.

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #11,117 of 18,013
BC in the house..... LORDE ROYALS.... Floored

Jan 27, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #11,118 of 18,013
Thanks, I'll try to burn them in. I've got ST35 too, very bassy eartips, but, unfortunately, annoying for me. That pivoting cap is not working with my ears, the only thing that happens to me is that I can't fit my Dark Matter deep enough, because those caps are just folding when I press earphones into the ear canal, and immediately unfolding when I release them. My go-to now is Tanchjim T-APB T300B. Very bassy, very comfortable, yet not too narrow, with classic cap.

I will order some of those Tanchjim tips, thanks for the advice. Passing the $200 mark just in tips now lol..

I also thought about how to stick the dark matter way in my ear. I came up with Audiosense s400 small tips and they worked even better. Normally I try to use large btw

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #11,120 of 18,013
So I compared IMR New Aten to IMR Dark Matter now. My feelings are mixed. New Aten sound more comfortable in upper mids, but they lack a lot of electric guitar sound. The overall sound is hollow. There's bass and there's treble, but there's not much in between. On the other hand, Dark Matter is too lush in upper mids, on some tracks (Breakdown Of Sanity - Invisible Scars, for example) the guitars is too loud and rustling, I only can tolerate them with gold upper stage filters. I thought it's because DM is not completely burned in, but I doubt it now, because of how stiff and unusable original cable had become with it's previous owner. I'm still gonna try to burn them in, but I'm not sure if something will change. At least the bass is there, as I've read some people there had faulty pairs of DM with no bass...

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #11,121 of 18,013
I asked Bob ...
Would you mind telling me how long did it take "Bob" to reply to you? Because I've emailed IMR on Monday this week, today it's Friday, and I have not yet received any response. I've emailed them again, few minutes ago. Hoping to receive some sign of life.

Thank you

EDIT:
So, I finally got a response, I am posting it here because there might be others who are waiting for the Na-Le.

Dear Nick

Great to hear from you.

We are still awaiting bone conduction motors from sonion and so can’t complete any builds yet.

You will be able to see all approximate dates on the product page at the bottom of the product description https://imracoustics.com/collections/instock/products/na-le-hybrid

If you need to cancel you can do so any time up until the day before shipping.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Regards
Bob
Owner
www.imracoustics.com

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #11,122 of 18,013
Would you mind telling me how long did it take "Bob" to reply to you? Because I've emailed IMR on Monday this week, today it's Friday, and I have not yet received any response. I've emailed them again, few minutes ago. Hoping to receive some sign of life.

Thank you

EDIT:
So, I finally got a response, I am posting it here because there might be others who are waiting for the Na-Le.

Dear Nick

Great to hear from you.

We are still awaiting bone conduction motors from sonion and so can’t complete any builds yet.

You will be able to see all approximate dates on the product page at the bottom of the product description https://imracoustics.com/collections/instock/products/na-le-hybrid

If you need to cancel you can do so any time up until the day before shipping.

Best wishes to you and yours.

Regards
Bob
Owner
www.imracoustics.com
Thank you for sharing this Nick.
it appears that my estimation was correct. I don't see NaLe ready to be shipped anytime before end of March :)

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #11,123 of 18,013
Jan 27, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #11,124 of 18,013
IMR site says there are only 35 Elan+ left. Which sure seems odd, given it's limited to 50 and the site showed "sold out" not long ago.

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #11,126 of 18,013
Were Titan and Zion shipping codes emailed already? I have yet to receive mines.

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #11,127 of 18,013
I am currently using the Opus Mia and really love it. What would be an upgrade if i love the way the Opus Mia presents the music but would like an upgrade in terms of soundstage (though i know that the OM already is tremendous in this region). Is there something with even better soundstage?

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #11,129 of 18,013
Does anyone have a Titan that has made it out of the post office yet? I know they have a lot of catching up to do after hack so just curious…
Nope, still waiting.

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #11,130 of 18,013
Has anyone tried using the Zenith 2 on a R2R dac? My Z2 works perfectly with the Cayin RU6. Very good synergy.

So far I was too ignorant about cable changes. The Zenith 2 really improves with different cables such as the PAC480. The last couple months I was looking for IEMs with better resolution then the Z2 but I realized that it was pointless. The Z2 have very high resolution. If you need more detail focus it's better to look for better cables and source gear.
See my signature for my setup. R2R DAC, yes.

There are many IEMs with better resolution than the Z2. Even among IMR offerings, I hear more from ACE than Zii overall. Semper is at another level altogether. The Z2 isn't in the same league. My Meze Advar has higher resolution than Z2. TSMR Sands blows mostly everything away under $1K in terms of detail and resolution.

That's not to say that I don't enjoy the Z2. It's a super IEM for what it offers. It has terrific bass impact, a sense of fullness, and amazing left-right separation with deep staging and very finely presented treble effects. But to say that there aren't any other IEMs with better resolution is just not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back