Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 22, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #9,586 of 18,013
The more I compare Zenith II with Ace the more I find Ace boring to listen to and Zenith more fun and much more open and detailed. I don't know if I will keep Ace. Time will tell

Sep 22, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #9,587 of 18,013
If you need to apply PEQ then the IEM is not perfectly tuned at all !! :)

Sep 23, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #9,588 of 18,013
The more I compare Zenith II with Ace the more I find Ace boring to listen to and Zenith more fun and much more open and detailed. I don't know if I will keep Ace. Time will tell
Never listened to ZII but ACE is anything but boring.
That is if one cares about midrange presence and tone weight not being lost to a Harmann ideal.
ACE is Harmann tuned to my ears but the midrange rocks as it should.

Sep 23, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #9,589 of 18,013
If you can compare both, the ACE is boring.
If you just have the ACE, it is a good one.

For me, the ZII gives you more of almost everything.

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #9,590 of 18,013

yes that's exactly it. I had high hopes on Ace. When Bob announced Ace and ZII, we were only discussing about Ace. We all ignored ZII because we thought we will have a sound that is close to the famous RAH with Ace, but at the end we got something that is just OK. It is not a bad IEM but not to the level of other IEMs from IMR including ZII

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #9,591 of 18,013

With all respect, ACE could be boring to you and maybe others but that does not mean it IS boring.
For some an 'engaging' sound signature might not always click all the boxes.
For me, in comparison to many IEMs and over-ears I've tried currently and in the past, ACE is a solid and rather 'exciting' performer.
I think it appeals to the reference-oriented listener craving a more energetic rendering. If one fits not into that category of tastes then I can understand your point of view.
But I am intrigued and maybe will purchase a ZII when one becomes available.

Sep 23, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #9,592 of 18,013
yes that's exactly it. I had high hopes on Ace. When Bob announced Ace and ZII, we were only discussing about Ace. We all ignored ZII because we thought we will have a sound that is close to the famous RAH with Ace, but at the end we got something that is just OK. It is not a bad IEM but not to the level of other IEMs from IMR including ZII
I ordered both at the same time but my Zii arived first. Kind of wished the Ace arrived first. The Zii spoilt it for me and has made the Ace sort of redundant for my listening taste. However, my Ace is still burnintg-in. I have about 350 hours on it and I will reserve judgment till I have reached at least 400 hours (probably 500). Over the course of the 350 hours, the sound has changed and so I remain hopeful!

Sep 23, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #9,593 of 18,013
I only do peq during times that I am more sensitive. I am mot always having a good day health wise and that's also why I have different iems now as well.
Still waiting on my BC 5 months now. I wonder if it will be anything like Z2? I have never read anything about how the BC sounds. Would be great if anyone that has a set could share info about it.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #9,594 of 18,013
One question somebody said that Bob's iems are ok regarding polarities. Do you actually measured cables he use?
Because I've got a discussion in other community and I referred what I read here that one's there were a batch with inverted polarities but Bob has sent to everybody another pair and bla bla bla. From then all iems were ok with polarities.

But there is one thing to say. Cables have inverted polarities comparing to mass market cables (I took a multimeter and checked it out). Bob's cables have inner pin negative and outer positive.
All the other cables I measured (Effect Audio, Satin Audio and other...) have inner positive and outer negative like on the pic...
IMG_20220923_171210_edit_40205250060530.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #9,595 of 18,013
One question somebody said that Bob's iems are ok regarding polarities. Do you actually measured cables he use?
Because I've a discussion in other community and I referred what I read here that one's there were a parti with inverted polarities but Bob has sent to everybody another pair and bla bla bla. From then all iems were ok with polarities.

But there is one thing to say. Cables have inverted polarities comparing to mass market cables (I took a multimeter and checked it out). Bob's cables have inner pin negative and outer positive.
All the other cables I measurer (Effect Audio, Satin Audio and other...) have inner positive and outer negative like on the pic...
If that's true then I'm f...-up. I bought a lot of cable with normal polarity because Bob told us that it is not inverted

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #9,596 of 18,013
Because I've a discussion in other community and I referred what I read here that one's there were a parti with inverted polarities but Bob has sent to everybody another pair and bla bla bla. From then all iems were ok with polarities.

All the other cables I measurer (Effect Audio, Satin Audio and other...) have inner positive and outer negative like on the pic...
But do u notice any difference in the sound?

Sep 23, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #9,598 of 18,013
Question on returns
I need to return my avalons to bob to be fixed and he said to send them but do i send everything? Or just the iems with no filters?
Also How long is the warranty on the ace? Is it 1 year or 5?

Should just be the left and right units. I believe IMR's standard warranty is 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back