Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 21, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #7,802 of 18,158
The thing is, this is the last thing Bob & IMR wants, the fiasco with the Pro roll out not only caused trust issues but aldo cost a fortune with all the free Ozar's he sent out to apologise! This makes me think something serious happened which he may not want to make public!
Who knows? There could be health issues? His wife may have walked out on him? There are so many possabilities which he may not feel comftable to share? This is the problem when a company is 1 or 2 people if something goes wrong it stopa the whole process!
And before anyone says it im not sticking up for him or being a fan boy i just don't want to throw him under the bus without all the fact's? Yes communication should be better BUT? there could be a good reason why this hasnt happened and until i know more i still want to give the benefit of doubt?

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #7,803 of 18,158
The thing is, this is the last thing Bob & IMR wants, the fiasco with the Pro roll out not only caused trust issues but aldo cost a fortune with all the free Ozar's he sent out to apologise! This makes me think something serious happened which he may not want to make public!
Who knows? There could be health issues? His wife may have walked out on him? There are so many possabilities which he may not feel comftable to share? This is the problem when a company is 1 or 2 people if something goes wrong it stopa the whole process!
And before anyone says it im not sticking up for him or being a fan boy i just don't want to throw him under the bus without all the fact's? Yes communication should be better BUT? there could be a good reason why this hasnt happened and until i know more i still want to give the benefit of doubt?
I wish he didn't have something serious in his private life. And all these delays come from world chain supplies issues. I really appreciate Bob's work and passion. One thing I can't understand is misleading communications that just don't feet with his behaviour and customer oriented business model.

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #7,804 of 18,158
When customers start coming up with theories of awful things happening in your life - that's when you know you've really messed up your part of the deal. 😆

And BTW the post suggested by Poganin should not be here, but on the IMR site right when you click on the pre-order button. That would be transparency. And also an instruction on how to get a refund in case you are fed up with waiting. Then we can truly say, that it's now fully on customers and everything has been disclosed.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #7,805 of 18,158
I don't think we will see any more pre orders in the future from IMR

Jul 21, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #7,807 of 18,158
Have to agree with you on the Ozar. They are terrific. For me I feel it has been built with a perfect synergy with the black filter. I have tried it with the other filters and end up going back to the original. There is something addictive about the lower end detail coming from the bass and sub bass.
Try Ozar with Red nozzle and Blue filter by switching quickly from black, to me the bass is tighter, feels faster and less boomy.

Jul 21, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #7,808 of 18,158
Tips didn't help a lot with air, except Spiral Dots ++, and I prefer harder tips with DM as it seems to work better with bone conduction driver. Try silver plated cable instead tips and use grey stem and blue filter - worked the best for me. SPC cable makes them more v shaped.
I also found that DM respond to cable rolling unlike any other creature I have ever heard. The thin Noble Audio SPC cable is the brightest with any other IEM and the bassiest with DM and the stock 64Audio SPC while being more of the v shaped or bassy with others with DM it is the brightest. I also figured out the loss of sub bass issue I have experienced in the middle of burn in, once you feed them slower bass source it is truly thunderous like with Fiio UTWS3 it was enourmous, but when the source has fast sub bass (Fiio M11Pro) the DM seems to drop it almost completely, so source matching is a key here. I love the mids thou.

Jul 21, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #7,809 of 18,158
Eagerly awaiting the arrival of EDP Ace here and have been watching this thread for some time. Easy to understand the frustrations people are expressing.

What IMR are doing is basically crowdfunding. When you "pre-order" an IEM you are basically backing what is just an idea at that point with a roadmap that is best case scenario.

Kickstarter and Indiegogo are filled with delayed projects with comment sections populated with similar complaints to those posted here. You promised delivery by X date which has now long passed, where's my product, why aren't there any project updates, this is a scam etc, etc. The big difference on those sites though is that project creators actually man the comments sections and reply to peoples' comments/ questions.

Things seldom go as smoothly as the creator envisages when they are laying out their project. Crowdfunding gives small enterprises access to funds that they would not be otherwise able to raise. It allows creators to concentrate on what they do best and not have to worry about creating detailed business plans for bank managers or investors.

Part of that means that the usual viability checks of a project are bypassed which introduces risk. If you have a loyal following and can convince people to invest in you or your products, that's all you need. There's no investor there to hold you to account for missing milestones or to withhold part of the funding until goals are met. While individuals may complain here, it just doesn't carry the same weight as someone who can withhold funding.

It is a risk to back projects like this. The company could fold if the funding is insufficient and no product may ever be delivered. It's a risk you have to be willing to take when you purchase products using this funding model, along with accepting the inevitable delays. Thankfully IMR seems to deliver products eventually which is probably why people continue to support this model.

The easiest way to avoid it is only to buy products that are available to ship off the shelf. On the other hand, if you like what IMR produces and want to continue to support them to produce more in the future then you'll have to buy into their crowdfunding/ pre-order model and understand that the expected shipping dates will only ever happen if all the stars and planets align.

I think the majority of people in this thread are supportive of Bob and have a good opinion of him. It seems like with a small improvement in communications he could drastically improve everyone's experience. Maybe this should be fed back to him more actively via email, a channel he seems to be much more communicative on.

Hopefully, the IEMs start actually shipping out in the next week or two and people can start talking about how great they are and start forgetting about the long delays.

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #7,810 of 18,158
Eagerly awaiting the arrival of EDP Ace here and have been watching this thread for some time. Easy to understand the frustrations people are expressing.

What IMR are doing is basically crowdfunding. When you "pre-order" an IEM you are basically backing what is just an idea at that point with a roadmap that is best case scenario.

Kickstarter and Indiegogo are filled with delayed projects with comment sections populated with similar complaints to those posted here. You promised delivery by X date which has now long passed, where's my product, why aren't there any project updates, this is a scam etc, etc. The big difference on those sites though is that project creators actually man the comments sections and reply to peoples' comments/ questions.

Things seldom go as smoothly as the creator envisages when they are laying out their project. Crowdfunding gives small enterprises access to funds that they would not be otherwise able to raise. It allows creators to concentrate on what they do best and not have to worry about creating detailed business plans for bank managers or investors.

Part of that means that the usual viability checks of a project are bypassed which introduces risk. If you have a loyal following and can convince people to invest in you or your products, that's all you need. There's no investor there to hold you to account for missing milestones or to withhold part of the funding until goals are met. While individuals may complain here, it just doesn't carry the same weight as someone who can withhold funding.

It is a risk to back projects like this. The company could fold if the funding is insufficient and no product may ever be delivered. It's a risk you have to be willing to take when you purchase products using this funding model, along with accepting the inevitable delays. Thankfully IMR seems to deliver products eventually which is probably why people continue to support this model.

The easiest way to avoid it is only to buy products that are available to ship off the shelf. On the other hand, if you like what IMR produces and want to continue to support them to produce more in the future then you'll have to buy into their crowdfunding/ pre-order model and understand that the expected shipping dates will only ever happen if all the stars and planets align.

I think the majority of people in this thread are supportive of Bob and have a good opinion of him. It seems like with a small improvement in communications he could drastically improve everyone's experience. Maybe this should be fed back to him more actively via email, a channel he seems to be much more communicative on.

Hopefully, the IEMs start actually shipping out in the next week or two and people can start talking about how great they are and start forgetting about the long delays.
Well said. This puts things into perspective!

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #7,811 of 18,158

Well stated. A couple weeks ago, some troll came on here claiming to have inside information that Bob was having money problems, which is why he was always doing pre-orders. I was going to rebut his claims, but seems his posts were removed.

In reality, how else would a small operation do it that involves low risk for the company? IMR isn't Sennheiser or even Campfire Audio. Bob won't ever (well, not anytime soon) make 1,000 units of a model and wait for people to buy them. He has to know up front that he can move his inventory, and that means pre-orders. It's not suspicious. It's practical.

@jon parker mentioned a day or two ago he feels the preorder model is going away, but I'm not sure how else Bob would do it.

Jul 22, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #7,812 of 18,158
Well stated. A couple weeks ago, some troll came on here claiming to have inside information that Bob was having money problems, which is why he was always doing pre-orders. I was going to rebut his claims, but seems his posts were removed.

In reality, how else would a small operation do it that involves low risk for the company? IMR isn't Sennheiser or even Campfire Audio. Bob won't ever (well, not anytime soon) make 1,000 units of a model and wait for people to buy them. He has to know up front that he can move his inventory, and that means pre-orders. It's not suspicious. It's practical.

@jon parker mentioned a day or two ago he feels the preorder model is going away, but I'm not sure how else Bob would do it.
We all bought IMR with our eyes open (maybe a squint and a squirm here and there but) we are rational adults so there has to be a presumption that we were sane and conscious of our actions, and the process at the time we bought. With a bit of background reading we would have been aware that the delays are part of the process.

Please do not misunderstand me, I think Bob must listen to his customers and improve the service, the most disappointing of which are the delays.

In my work, my approach is, all on deck to sort out the problem (without blame) it is only after the problem is resolved that the post mortem begins. What happened? How did it happen? Who was responsible, and how do we avoid the problem happening in the future?

Unfortunately, in this case the problem is recurring but none of us is at the centre of it and we cannot be sure why, because IMR products are unique. I am not saying they are the best but the entire experience is unique and so are the products. Believe me, I love myself some well implemented treble and mids but I come to IMR for BASS, maybe because the bass is (for most IMR sets) well implemented.

Having said all that, we continue to buy IMR and I am not saying whether we should or we should not buy IMR, but what happens if something changes somewhere along the chain of events? Yes, we all want a smooth and fast process but we must be conscious of the fact that the goose that laid the golden egg was slaughtered to get to the eggs faster. "Why wait all this time for the golden egg?" "Should we kill the goose?"

Artisans are unique creatures, take the unique qualities out of the artisan and you have a good old functionary! The job will be done and done on time....but will it be the same?

If someone were to buy IMR today, we may get the RAH the day after it is launched....but will it be the same RAH, at the same price?

It may seem obvious when you stop to think about it, we all want our IEMs, which we paid our hard earned money for, NOW! However (some of) "our rattling the cage", "waving our protest banners", calling each other fanboys (just because someone gives Bob the benefit of the doubt) etc. may have unintended consequences but we came to IMR with our eyes open, we must "destroy" the unique nature of IMR with our eyes open.

Just food for thought!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #7,813 of 18,158
Try Ozar with Red nozzle and Blue filter by switching quickly from black, to me the bass is tighter, feels faster and less boomy.
Compared to the other IMR iems I have, I find the Ozar the least boomy of the lot with the black nozzle. I'm actually finding the bass quite pleasant. Will give your setup a go though. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #7,814 of 18,158
Compared to the other IMR iems I have, I find the Ozar the least boomy of the lot with the black nozzle. I'm actually finding the bass quite pleasant. Will give your setup up a go though. Thanks.
Actually they can be bloomy. But only because of sources. The first time I listen to them with some old sony smartphone and heard them dark and bassy. Then changed to ibasso and everything came into right place.

Jul 22, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #7,815 of 18,158
As you say the pre-order [must be?] sometimes something of a necessity to fund newly developed products. I think there may be one more pre-order coming but its not a practice that I think in principal Bob especially wants to do.
There may be more in the future but....maybe not, wherever possible. Not sure?
Shipping out large amounts of orders in one go is problematic for a tiny company and a tiny post office as we have seen.

Remember Bob is just a very passionate individual who loves making the best possible sounding and interesting IEMs whilst not adding the huge markups that 99% of other companies do.
Hopefully the trade off of a long shipping wait is the incredible prices and discounts for members that we have the good fortune to enjoy.
Bob is well aware of the shipping situation and is obviously unhappy [for us and himself] how this is overshadowing what is likely to be something very special indeed.
I know he works incredibly hard to get all these amazing IEM's to us and like any good hearted person shares our frustrations!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back