Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 23, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #7,832 of 18,541
I wish I was a nurse. They would look amazing with the uniform :)

Jul 23, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #7,836 of 18,541
It amazes me that so many new DD IEMs are coming out which eventually will be either be reviewed or compared with each other. So rarely does any reviewer use IMR IEMs in their comparisons or reviews. When it comes to DD's Bob is the Gandalf of DD sound. He has put so much magic into the SOG, The Ozar and the Dark Matter. If nobody will do a review I guess I will. Such a shame only Porta Fi and Audiophile Heaven are brave enough to review them, and Audiophile Heaven put the Ozar in their 'Hall of Fame'
Yep the Ace and the Zenith look beeeautiful.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #7,837 of 18,541
It amazes me that so many new DD IEMs are coming out which eventually will be either be reviewed or compared with each other. So rarely does any reviewer use IMR IEMs in their comparisons or reviews. When it comes to DD's Bob is the Gandalf of DD sound. He has put so much magic into the SOG, The Ozar and the Dark Matter. If nobody will do a review I guess I will. Such a shame only Porta Fi and Audiophile Heaven are brave enough to review them, and Audio Heaven put the Ozar in their 'Hall of Fame'
Porta fi never burns in near enough time as well to be able to fully hear what some of them can actually do at their best...which he freely acknowledges. Little bit of a shame but nevertheless, still good reviews :)

Jul 23, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #7,838 of 18,541
Me looking at EDP ACE photo

1658582930872.png

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #7,839 of 18,541
Loving that Ace photo! Guess I'll experience them next month. Dang, my first white "buds" (I never used the Apple crap that came with iPhones).

Also, I had my first real "wow" moment with the DM last night (with burn-in and active listening, I'm probably around 350 hours). Pink Floyd's "Sorrow" from the live PULSE album, 192/24 via FiiO M11 Pro. I had it maybe a little louder than is healthy (but OK for 10 minutes). Full, vibrant, rich, clear, wide/tall/deep ... all the things. This was with gray lower and purple upper and the bottom end was superb.

I think where the DM is starting to stand out from the Elan (for my ears) is the forward vocals, without anything else suffering.

Jul 23, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #7,844 of 18,541
It amazes me that so many new DD IEMs are coming out which eventually will be either be reviewed or compared with each other. So rarely does any reviewer use IMR IEMs in their comparisons or reviews. When it comes to DD's Bob is the Gandalf of DD sound. He has put so much magic into the SOG, The Ozar and the Dark Matter. If nobody will do a review I guess I will. Such a shame only Porta Fi and Audiophile Heaven are brave enough to review them, and Audio Heaven put the Ozar in their 'Hall of Fame'
Lesser number of reviews are due to the limited run/no of IMR IEM. On the other hand from my past experience I guess Bob does not take critics of his IEM very well. I can recall one instance when @Brooko, a reputed head-fier, reviewer shared his experience when Bob created hunter and some other model for Trinity Audio and sent it to him for review. It didn't go well with him I guess.
These are just my speculations based on readings. In no way I can say for sure.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #7,845 of 18,541
One thing I should've added - I switched to high gain, listening at low volume. Usually high gain on iem's sounds shouty/forced after a while but I haven't noticed that with the DM's.

I tried this and agree! Had a similar experience using the high gain setting!.
But then I went back to the older SCC cable and now the DM's sound even more coherent across all frequencies, a bit better behaved, smoother and more balanced. Wasn't expecting that o_0 (also went back to the Blue upper filter from the Black - keeping the grey lower)

...and THEN I though hmmmm and put the new black cable on the Semper and found that the cable makes the Semper a little more energetic, makes the vocals and instruments pop out a little more in the mix which I really liked but I think the black cable actually improves the sound of the Semper even more. Hard to pin down but Wow
I was blown away today at how profoundly real-to-life and natural they sound and so how effortlessly my listening mind is happy and feels safe enough to just sink down into and immerse itself into the music.
So, thanks for sharing your findings :) Double whammy of improvements of already exceptional IEM's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back