Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 9, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #6,916 of 18,128
I've put the Pro cable on my IMR Ozar along with L Azla Xelastecs. ******* Hell!! The Ozar is the best single DD IEM I have heard and I am old, ** years old and have listened to many IEMs. I give the Ozar my old man's 'Medal of Honour'. Music is reborn through the Ozar.

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #6,917 of 18,128
Any body on this thread who owns an IMR Bass Cannon? I've ordered one and would like to get a description of its actual sound qualities etc etc. Would be very kind and helpful.
Basically copious amounts of bass with really good mids and excellent treble. Not as detailed as acnt but it does a really good job

I own as well the aten5 (or new aten) and it does similar but the tunning is a bit darker. The BC can go to a great extent

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #6,918 of 18,128
Stop it!
I've put the Pro cable on my IMR Ozar along with L Azla Xelastecs. ******* Hell!! The Ozar is the best single DD IEM I have heard and I am old, ** years old and have listened to many IEMs. I give the Ozar my old man's 'Medal of Honour'. Music is reborn through the Ozar.
Stop it!! My wallet can't take it I have the SOG Elan and Red R2 I thought I didn't need the Ozar

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #6,919 of 18,128
I have ordered DM should I be satisfied with this..... Don't make me take plunge on ozar as I only have 1 sets of ear lol.

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #6,920 of 18,128
Stop it!
Stop it!! My wallet can't take it I have the SOG Elan and Red R2 I thought I didn't need the Ozar
If you've got the Dark Matter you don't need the Ozar as the DM is Flagship. Still the Ozar is so good.

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #6,921 of 18,128
I have a track, a jazz track, Focus on Sanity by Ornette Coleman. Mainly double bass, drums and trumpet. The Dark Matter is the only IEM of my 50 IEMs that has the bass forwards enough in the right place relative to the drums and trumpet. The only one I can get the double bass loud enough to match the trumpet, like a true live performance.....and the trumpet is often on the left outside the headspace.
Yeah IV decided? If the Ace doesn't have enough sub-bass for me I'm gonna send it back to Bob and put the extra £100 or so and get the Dark Matter!
I'm gonna be REALLY honest here? I was originally down to buy a DM in the first 50 with the ETS but when I noticed the listing had changed regarding the bone conduction I got really really angry and pulled out of it! At one stage i was thinking that was it with IMR and will never buy again! But i pulled myself together and ordered Ace giving Bob the benefit of doubt! Bob's been good to me so that's the least I can do.
BUT? EVERY person who has received Dark Matter has been astonished by its performance so good old Bob must have done something right?
Im still not convinced it has BC but I can look past that if it's as great as everyone says and being an absolutely huge basshead it could be my End Game bass monitor?
Going OT but sticking with bass, I recently picked up some Sony XBA-N3 and "oh my god" they have probably the best Sub-Bass I have heard from a iem to date! It extends SOOO low right down to 10hz with amazing texture on a pure black background, it. really is something special like you could reach out and touch the bass guitar string!
Actually now I think about it do I really need D.M😝

Jun 9, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #6,922 of 18,128
I have ordered DM should I be satisfied with this..... Don't make me take plunge on ozar as I only have 1 sets of ear lol.
If you get the DM you don't need the Ozar, but I love them both. The Dark Matter is the best bass quality ever.

Edit

The SOG is not too far behind the Ozar

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #6,923 of 18,128
Just received my DMs, however I am having much difficulty in removing the black filter from the black nozzle on one of them, seems to be too tight. Any ideas on how to do so without damage?
This isn't the greatest idea BUT I had this issue and the ONLY way I could get the Black filter off the Black nozzle was to screw the whole thing on to the iem nice and tight and then use my teeth to unscrew the Black filter off the Black nozzle! As I say? It's not really a good method but it was the only way I could do it! BUT PLEASE don't do it if you have dental issues and please don't blame me if you damage a tooth! I'm not telling you to do it im just explaining how "i" overcome the issue👍

Jun 9, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #6,924 of 18,128
I did exactly this with two sharp nosed pliers; nope wouldnt budge. Bob has already sent out the replacement black filter+nozzle to me, to the other side of the World. This is amazing service!

@bk123 I will try this out to see if it works, thanks for the suggestion
Try heating the treble filter with a hot hair dryer or something else. The metal should expand and come off.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #6,925 of 18,128
If you get the DM you don't need the Ozar, but I love them both. The Dark Matter is the best bass quality ever.
+1. That said, I have no regrets having both. There is something about the Ozar that is so alluring/enticing that pulls me into the music. I can‘t really say what it is. Perhaps it is that quality of the mids over that of the DM either because it is less bassy or by virtue of the coherency of a single driver.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #6,926 of 18,128
Stop it!
Don't worry, if you have Elan you don't need Ozar. Because it's an upgraded version of this black precious with more massive and vivid sound.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #6,927 of 18,128
Don't worry, if you have Elan you don't need Ozar. Because it's an upgraded versione of this black precious with more massive and vivid sound.
Double like this reply 😎😀😂

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #6,928 of 18,128
Stop it!

the irony is, it was your raving about DM that finally pushed me over the edge for that one. :smile_phones:

We all enable each other's "bad habits", eh?

Jun 9, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #6,929 of 18,128
the irony is, it was your raving about DM that finally pushed me over the edge for that one. :smile_phones:

We all enable each other's "bad habits", eh?
Absolutely gear Aquisition Syndrome is strong in this hobby but so rewarding 😜🤣😂

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #6,930 of 18,128
my Dark Matter pair will NOT let me remove the black nozzle on my left IEM so I'm probably returning them to Bob for surgical extraction. (was going to try out a reference combo.) have asked for a new set of black nozzles and filters, hopefully can get this sorted soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back