Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 26, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #6,016 of 18,148
Love Ozar so much, bought SOG for my souse to upgrade her Ikko OH10 - she's blown away, and couldn't resist pulling the trigger on DM yesterday.. There are not much impressions on DM, hope they are going to be upgrade to Ozar.
My Dark Matter's arrived today
OOTB listening - Ozar are nice, a great IEM but as Bob said - The Dark Matter [however] offers a Flagship sound - He is not kidding!
I can also clearly hear what Bob means when he says the DM's are an upgrade / step above the Semper o_0

To be able to hear instruments and new sounds in music I have never heard before is really saying something after enjoying the quality of the Semper! for so long

Will say more on the DM after bit more burn in BUT by the gods it really is a flagship - First IMR that I totally agree is an upgrade from the Aten driver and also the first ADLC/CNT driver that [for me] has reintroduced the low end, richness and weight that I loved with the Aten :)
Popped on reference filter - SO good - the notes have incredible creamy clarity and authority

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #6,019 of 18,148
Apr 26, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #6,020 of 18,148
W

What size mesh is it as this has happened with mine too theres so many sizes the only mesh I have are the Olina and they re cloth would prefer metal. Are the oxygen 4.2mm? Or bigger/smaller
It's 5mm and it's also cloth. It's a bit bigger then the original iron mesh, so it sits on top of the rim, not inside. See the pic.

Please also note that it does change the sound, so I wouldn't consider it to be a repair of an original mesh at all. I cannot a/b for obvious reasons 😀, but to my ears it's a completely different experience, which caused me to change both bass and treble nozzles. For me it turned out to be a very unique and enjoyable result, your milage may wary.

BTW, if you decide to grab the filters - consider buying Tanya instead depending on the price. Great little iems for like 20 and comes with the same filters as oxygen. 10 pairs i think.

Attachments

• 20220426_181536.jpg
    20220426_181536.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #6,022 of 18,148
Anyone able to confirm if a 3.5mm jsck adapter is included with the SoG? maybe I don't need two cables but may get the 4.4mm variant soon.
Do you mean the 3.5mm to 1/4in adapter ? - The all come with those
Personally I would always go for the 4.4mm (but get a good adapter as well)
They do say....
Once you go balanced you don't go back
Certainly true for me :)

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #6,027 of 18,148
My Dark Matter's arrived today
OOTB listening - Ozar are nice, a great IEM but as Bob said - The Dark Matter [however] offers a Flagship sound - He is not kidding!
I can also clearly hear what Bob means when he says the DM's are an upgrade / step above the Semper o_0

To be able to hear instruments and new sounds in music I have never heard before is really saying something after enjoying the quality of the Semper! for so long

Will say more on the DM after bit more burn in BUT by the gods it really is a flagship - First IMR that I totally agree is an upgrade from the Aten driver and also the first ADLC/CNT driver that [for me] has reintroduced the low end, richness and weight that I loved with the Aten :)
Popped on reference filter - SO good - the notes have incredible creamy clarity and authority
Can't wait for DM to arrive 😊 will share impressions.

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #6,030 of 18,148
Does anyone have the SoR and SoG? Is it worth having both?

I have the Splash of Red and loving them.

Also have the Ace on order.
SOG has a more weighty bass compared to the SOR but SOR has got better definition in the leading edges mainly because of the closed shell.
just quoting what I posted in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back