• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 27, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #6,046 of 18,530
Yes im new lol
I have the edp ace on pre order but this is my 2nd set my first is the zenith ?
I bought them used but dont think those nozzles come apart? Not checked lol

Would be unfair to give my opinion now altho i dont believe in ‘burn in’ i will burn them in

I guess i just leave them on playing music at normal listening volume ?
IMR NEED BURN IN OFTEN 200 TO 300 hours I didn't believe in burn in till I got IMR but the changes are very noticeable. As an aside my Raptgo Hook X changed considerably after 50 hours burn in so I think burn in is very driver dependent

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #6,047 of 18,530
Yes im new lol

Would be unfair to give my opinion now altho i dont believe in ‘burn in’ i will burn them in

Zenith filters do indeed NOT come apart and are single pieces.

Break in/burn in is indeed real and all it means is they need to be used for an extended period of time for the sound to become fully coherently cohesive, you can just simply use them or just leave them playing, the result will be the same, none of this specific tracks and volumes, just use them and then leave them playing when not using them. They will go through a few phases and changes good and bad, fret not though. Brain burn in is also real but this is something which happens in the first hour of listening.

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #6,048 of 18,530
Yes im new lol

Well if the avalon is new then you need a really long burn in, just leave them for at least 10 days plugged in a source, preferably even a decent source (not some crappy mp3 player), play your normal music, something with dynamics, and let the volume be a bit louder than usual. Let them rest a couple of hours every few days. Check the sound every now and then but don't be tempted to have a listening session after a couple of days. I own the Avalon, after about 100 hours their bass gets really boomy and boring and the treble is muffled. But in the end they sound heavenly!!

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #6,049 of 18,530
Yes im new lol

All correct sir, burn-in at healthily loud volume and aye, in the olden days of the Zenith the filters formed a single unit. Now they split and drifted much like ye olde continents. You’ll find there’s not much relation between the respective properties of same-coloured sets, so unbridled experimentation is key.

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #6,050 of 18,530
Well if the avalon is new then you need a really long burn in, just leave them for at least 10 days plugged in a source, preferably even a decent source (not some crappy mp3 player), play your normal music, something with dynamics, and let the volume be a bit louder than usual. Let them rest a couple of hours every few days. Check the sound every now and then but don't be tempted to have a listening session after a couple of days. I own the Avalon, after about 100 hours their bass gets really boomy and boring and the treble is muffled. But in the end they sound heavenly!!
Yes bass is an “issue” and its not
If the iems aint bassy thats fine
Thats not the issue im having ( sound quality that is)

But yes i will leave them plugged in for a week or two and c how they r afterwards

Will be on my hiby r6 pro
Got better daps but not using the hiby so that will be my burn in rig lol

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #6,051 of 18,530
All correct sir, burn-in at healthily loud volume and aye, in the olden days of the Zenith the filters formed a single unit. Now they split and drifted much like ye olde continents. You’ll find there’s not much relation between the respective properties of same-coloured sets, so unbridled experimentation is key.
To be honest the filter thing is confusing me and i dont understand the manual 🤣 will have to do research

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #6,052 of 18,530
Ok first impressions ( i will not talk about the sound quality due to burn in requirement )

Cable - hate it . I need a new cable
It did come with a 2.5 , 3.5 and 4.4mm cable which is nice tho.

Tips- i like the fact that the foam tips r like comply tips , love them

But i will be using different tips

Fitment - will have to try different tips but not impressed

Now these r my own feelings and taste and everyone is different

We all like different things in life.

I hope they grow on me these iems because i was really looking forward to them lol

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #6,053 of 18,530
Ok first impressions ( i will not talk about the sound quality due to burn in requirement )

Cable - hate it . I need a new cable
It did come with a 2.5 , 3.5 and 4.4mm cable which is nice tho.

Tips- i like the fact that the foam tips r like comply tips , love them

But i will be using different tips

Fitment - will have to try different tips but not impressed

Now these r my own feelings and taste and everyone is different

We all like different things in life.

I hope they grow on me these iems because i was really looking forward to them lol
Well am a hardcore fan of imr, but honestly the cables that are provided really sucks!! U definitely need a cable upgrade. Standard tips are mediocre, also an update here is better. As for the nozzles and filters, think of them like a 2 band "EQ", the nozzles (the lower part) plays with the lower frequency and the filter (smaller upper part) playing with the high frequency. But keep in mind also that certain combinations have some effect on dynamics as well. So in the end you customize the iem to your taste. Its again a long journey of different combinations of nozzles, filters, tips and cables. but that's part of the fun!

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #6,054 of 18,530
Well am a hardcore fan of imr, but honestly the cables that are provided really sucks!! U definitely need a cable upgrade. Standard tips are mediocre, also an update here is better. As for the nozzles and filters, think of them like a 2 band "EQ", the nozzles (the lower part) plays with the lower frequency and the filter (smaller upper part) playing with the high frequency. But keep in mind also that certain combinations have some effect on dynamics as well. So in the end you customize the iem to your taste. Its again a long journey of different combinations of nozzles, filters, tips and cables. but that's part of the fun!
What cable do u recommend? Can i buy just any two pin cable?
I would probably use my monarch cable

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #6,055 of 18,530
I am selling my Opus Mia at £350.

Screenshot_20220428-090405_Gallery.jpg

If anyone is interested PM me.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #6,056 of 18,530
What cable do u recommend? Can i buy just any two pin cable?
I would probably use my monarch cable
Well i mostly use mmcx cables with an adapter i got from AliExpress, because 2 pin cables can be tricky with compatibility. I settled on the alo sxc 8 iem cable after trying many stuff, although its a stiff cable, but sound quality is superb. On the Avalon i use it with purple or grey nozzle + blue filter + spiral dots or epro tips.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #6,057 of 18,530
Apr 28, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #6,058 of 18,530
Well i mostly use mmcx cables with an adapter i got from AliExpress, because 2 pin cables can be tricky with compatibility. I settled on the alo sxc 8 iem cable after trying many stuff, although its a stiff cable, but sound quality is superb. On the Avalon i use it with purple or grey nozzle + blue filter + spiral dots or epro tips.
I would love to get some spiral dots but i like the moondrop tips and Cheap foam tips from ali express , i got so many different tips its unreal lol

I tried the purple nozzle and blue filter and i nearly started crying on how bad they sounded 😂 (but this could be stock tip issue)

Obv im giving them a chance to burn in they r at home at the moment playing on repeat 🤣

I thing i need to check and i have never had the issue and not sure if its the stock tips that causing the issue or if the bore of the iem is too wide for my ears

Gonna compare with my other iems tonight and use some of my own tips i have.

Never had an iem before were i didnt enjoy them from the get go

The fact that theres additional steps i need to take is a bit of a pain in the butt but they could end up being end game iems altho they have stiff completion with my existing iems and the edp ace when they come

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #6,059 of 18,530

Users who are viewing this thread

Back