Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 29, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #5,641 of 18,162
Just received a package and a letter from Bob. He also sent me a new set of IEMs, I believe it's the Ozar. IMR costumer service is second to none.

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #5,642 of 18,162
Hi folks,

Been checked out of the IMR lineup since the early days of the R1 and Zenith.

What would you recommend someone returning to the lineup check out?

I like stuff that is musicals, fun, either W shape or slight V shaped with a large soundstage.

No preference on driver type or price range.

Thanks!

I must have owned around 18 -20 IMR's by now!
By far (for me) the 'best' is the SEMPER (Aten/Planar/electrostatic) although the RED 2 is in many ways one of his best
I prefer his older ATEN driver driven IEMs for their more analog type of sound
but the new Zenith II with his ADLC/CNT driver with the same Piezo ceramic tweeter of the ATEN driver would, I imagine be a great way to return to IMR ?
Everyone here will probably say something different but they are ALL superb :/ :D

Mar 29, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #5,643 of 18,162
Hi folks,

I like stuff that is musicals, fun, either W shape or slight V shaped with a large soundstage.

Thanks!

A good place to start is probably the upcoming EDP Ace and Zenith II. If you want to get your hands (ears) on something immediately, Splash of Red, Splash of Gold, and Ozar are viable.

Welcome back. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #5,644 of 18,162
Hi folks,

Thanks!
I'd suggest get your hands on the B stock Ozar while it is still up for grab. If not, go for the Splash Of Red or Splash Of Gold. You won't feel any remorse with any of them. Otherwise, if you're feeling adventurous, try booking the EDP Ace. I have my eyes on them, but currently I'm floating in too many Single-DD goodness, and two of them are from IMR.

Mar 29, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #5,645 of 18,162
Hi folks,

Thanks!
The Avalon is a pretty good start from the available models - big staging, plenty of bass with the right filters and sits in that V / W shaped zone for me. Also recommend the Elan, if you can get hold of one.

Not heard the Dark Matter, but Avalon has more than enough low end to satisfy my inner basshead. :wink:

Some interesting budget models coming up, too.

Mar 29, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #5,646 of 18,162
I'd suggest get your hands on the B stock Ozar while it is still up for grab. If not, go for the Splash Of Red or Splash Of Gold. You won't feel any remorse with any of them. Otherwise, if you're feeling adventurous, try booking the EDP Ace. I have my eyes on them, but currently I'm floating in too many Single-DD goodness, and two of them are from IMR.

The Avalon is a pretty good start from the available models - big staging, plenty of bass with the right filters and sits in that V / W shaped zone for me. Also recommend the Elan, if you can get hold of one.

Not heard the Dark Matter, but Avalon has more than enough low end to satisfy my inner basshead. :wink:

Some interesting budget models coming up, too.

Thanks, gents! I'll start doing some research.

Mar 29, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #5,648 of 18,162
Based on the previous EDP, what kind of treble would we be expecting? Talking anything above 2Khz. Again looking for something resolving with a very present treble. Want to hear every last detail, while also not sacrificing bass quality/quantity if possible. SOG also looks like it fits my preferences pretty well, but not sure on the bass quality; right now Serial has the bass on lockdown.

Mar 29, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #5,649 of 18,162
Hi folks,

Thanks!
I only have one, Ozar and my vote goes for this. With the gold nozzle and blue filter I get amazing mids and treble without sacrificing too much bass.

I must have owned around 18 -20 IMR's by now!
By far (for me) the 'best' is the SEMPER (Aten/Planar/electrostatic) although the RED 2 is in many ways one of his best
I prefer his older ATEN driver driven IEMs for their more analog type of sound
but the new Zenith II with his ADLC/CNT driver with the same Piezo ceramic tweeter of the ATEN driver would, I imagine be a great way to return to IMR ?
Everyone here will probably say something different but they are ALL superb :/ :D
+1
A good place to start is probably the upcoming EDP Ace and Zenith II. If you want to get your hands (ears) on something immediately, Splash of Red, Splash of Gold, and Ozar are viable.

Welcome back. :relaxed:
+1
Can we have too much single-DD goodness! Haha!

Mar 29, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #5,650 of 18,162
Can we have too much single-DD goodness! Haha!
Truly. Hey, you're from Vietnam! I just purchased some cables from Satin Audio for 2 of my single DD, One Japan, One Korean, the LOAK-T(CL) Cocobolo and Horizon. Come to think of it - the hobby is so incredible! IEM from Japan and Korea, Cable from Vietnam, inside an Indian ear, playing (mostly) Western Music! :jecklinsmile:

Mar 30, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #5,651 of 18,162
Truly. Hey, you're from Vietnam! I just purchased some cables from Satin Audio for 2 of my single DD, One Japan, One Korean, the LOAK-T(CL) Cocobolo and Horizon. Come to think of it - the hobby is so incredible! IEM from Japan and Korea, Cable from Vietnam, inside an Indian ear, playing (mostly) Western Music! :jecklinsmile:
Actually I'm from Singapore but have been living here for the past 17 years! Yes. It is an incredible hobby but one thing that unites all of us is the love for music!

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #5,652 of 18,162
Hola a todos, soy de Barcelona (Catalunya, Spain) escribo en Castellano pero espero que el traductor lo traduzca para vosotros. Primero quiero decir que en este momento tengo 5 IMR: Zenith R1, Rah, R3 Halcyon, Avalon, y el nuevo de obsequio que ha mandado Bob, ya he puesto alguno a la venta (por desgracia no puedo seguir acumulando joyas) Cada uno tiene su personalidad, pero en este momento Avalo es mi favorito, seguido por Halcyon.
En mi caso he tenido problemas con algun cable y con el Rah y en ambos casos me lo soluciono sin ningun coste, cuando te gastas el dinero en un producto es muy importante que haya una empresa que responda por el e IMR lo ha hecho.
Por supuesto que es una excelente afición, en mi caso comprando y vendiendo he conocido gente de muchos sitios con los que sigo compartiendo información y opiniones.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #5,653 of 18,162
Hola a todos, soy de Barcelona (Catalunya, Spain) escribo en Castellano pero espero que el traductor lo traduzca para vosotros. Primero quiero decir que en este momento tengo 5 IMR: Zenith R1, Rah, R3 Halcyon, Avalon, y el nuevo de obsequio que ha mandado Bob, ya he puesto alguno a la venta (por desgracia no puedo seguir acumulando joyas) Cada uno tiene su personalidad, pero en este momento Avalo es mi favorito, seguido por Halcyon.
En mi caso he tenido problemas con algun cable y con el Rah y en ambos casos me lo soluciono sin ningun coste, cuando te gastas el dinero en un producto es muy importante que haya una empresa que responda por el e IMR lo ha hecho.
Por supuesto que es una excelente afición, en mi caso comprando y vendiendo he conocido gente de muchos sitios con los que sigo compartiendo información y opiniones.
More love for IMR and Bob!

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #5,654 of 18,162
Hi folks,

Thanks!
Hi Sebastian! Welcome back. Hmm, I always found the original R1 to be quite the V-shaped IEM. Then again, many of their iems feature a gentle sloping V-shaped. Having said that, it differs from model to model. Perhaps the upcoming Zenith II might be worth considering at the 35% asking price (pre-order).

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #5,655 of 18,162
Hi folks,

Thanks!
Sor for starters. Can't go wrong. I'm going back and back to it. The mids are so amazing. And bass has great impact and texture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back