Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 27, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #5,626 of 17,893
Mar 27, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #5,627 of 17,893
Mar 27, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #5,628 of 17,893
I feel like I would like the sound of the EDP Ace, but how is the fit? Do any EDP owners have any issues with fit or comfortability? My FD3 are less comfortable than my serial; which are a plastic universal fit style. From the pictures the EDP looks like a similar fit to the FD3.

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #5,629 of 17,893
I feel like I would like the sound of the EDP Ace, but how is the fit? Do any EDP owners have any issues with fit or comfortability? My FD3 are less comfortable than my serial; which are a plastic universal fit style. From the pictures the EDP looks like a similar fit to the FD3.
The fit of the OG EDP is the best from any IMR IEM. O think you'll not have any issues with the Ace since it's using the same shell.

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #5,630 of 17,893
The fit of the OG EDP is the best from any IMR IEM. O think you'll not have any issues with the Ace since it's using the same shell.
Great to hear thanx👍
Iv orderd Ace myself and was curious about the fit! I get on ok with OG Aten,B.C,SOG etc.. But have awful fit issues with Optus Mia! So it's good to know Ace will have a good fit.

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #5,631 of 17,893
Is anybody else experiencing some comfort issues with the Pro IEMs? I find that the sharp edge of the shell digs into my ear and creates a sore spot. In the picture below, I incuded the Elysium for comparison in which the area pointed to with the arrow expertly drawn in Paint is rounded everywhere and causes no discomfort.

No comfort issues, but I lose seal with Spiral Dots fast and need to adjust the DM in my ear quite often.

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #5,632 of 17,893
No comfort issues, but I lose seal with Spiral Dots fast and need to adjust the DM in my ear quite often.
I actually couldn't use the Elysium with SpiralDots. For some reason I kept losing seal and they produced channel imbalance. It's the only IEM that SpiralDots didn't work with for me.

Mar 28, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #5,633 of 17,893
While we are on the subject of tips could anyone tell me the difference between Xelastic & Crystals? In particular, does do the Crystal have a wider or narrower bore? and do the Crystal have that fantastic sticky coating?
Lots of people moan about this coating but for me its the greatest thing since sliced bread lol They stay in my ears like NO other tip and are super comfy, the other gripe people have with the Xelastic is they only last a few months then need throwing away, but this is exactly the same as Comply tips and they are onebof the most used tips in the industry! I really don't mind buying 2 pairs of Xelastic every 6 months to be honest!

Mar 28, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #5,634 of 17,893
Mar 28, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #5,635 of 17,893
Mar 28, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #5,636 of 17,893
I actually couldn't use the Elysium with SpiralDots. For some reason I kept losing seal and they produced channel imbalance. It's the only IEM that SpiralDots didn't work with for me.
I had the same experience with my R2 Reds. I was pretty shocked and tried it a few times because I didn't believe it. They are my go to on everything. I ended up with the Radio Shack ones, they are great.

Mar 28, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #5,637 of 17,893
I appreciate the collective wisdom of the IMR group, so I'm requesting some tip feedback for my Elans.

Despite their shortcomings (not holding their shape) the Azla Exelastec work really well with my ears. I'm thinking of ordering another set, but welcome other suggestions. The reason I like the Xelastec is they provide the best seal for my ears (ever, in fact). Spinfit CP360 didn't quite match.

Specifically wondering about seal, comfort, and sound performance of:
  • Azla Crystal
  • Azla SednaEarfit
  • JVC Spiral Dot
Tips that gently augment the lower end are OK, but don't want more treble.

Vielen Dank in advance, my friends.
I find that the IMRs I have work best the deeper I can set them in to the ear canal. For that I need the small tips, but some will not seal well at that size. I am getting the best results with the Final E-types and Acoustunes. The Finals overall have given me the best long term comfort so far. The Final E-type white appears to have a slightly smaller bore to the IMR filters so tend to attenuate the bass a little more.
I have the Azlas too, but the harder composition of material they use causes discomfort to my ears quite quickly. I have the Spiral dots, but only in M size. I don't seem to get a good seal with them, but they also do not go in as deep as the Finals. I am tempted to get the Sm size to try.
The tips that IMR supply are actually not bad. Worth trying the small size silicon of these to see if my small tip size preference works for you.

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #5,638 of 17,893
Now now no need to be stroppy!😛
I only asked because we were talking about tips and thought someone would have first hand experience using them with IRM monitors!
Anyway, thanx for the link appreciate it👍
For me, xelastics and the short light worked with non-Pros (R2 red, SOG), in the same size. With Avalon I had sealissues all the time and switched to Foams.

Mar 29, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #5,639 of 17,893
I find that the IMRs I have work best the deeper I can set them in to the ear canal. For that I need the small tips, but some will not seal well at that size. I am getting the best results with the Final E-types and Acoustunes. The Finals overall have given me the best long term comfort so far. The Final E-type white appears to have a slightly smaller bore to the IMR filters so tend to attenuate the bass a little more.
I have the Azlas too, but the harder composition of material they use causes discomfort to my ears quite quickly. I have the Spiral dots, but only in M size. I don't seem to get a good seal with them, but they also do not go in as deep as the Finals. I am tempted to get the Sm size to try.
The tips that IMR supply are actually not bad. Worth trying the small size silicon of these to see if my small tip size preference works for you.
Thanks for the feedback. For my picky right ear, I find most large ear tips are still not quite large enough to provide a good enough seal. This is why the Xelastec, with the sticky factor, have worked so well. I was eager to try Final E-type, but don't think they're big enough...XL is 13mm and I need 14.

Mar 29, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #5,640 of 17,893
Hi folks,

Been checked out of the IMR lineup since the early days of the R1 and Zenith.

What would you recommend someone returning to the lineup check out?

I like stuff that is musicals, fun, either W shape or slight V shaped with a large soundstage.

No preference on driver type or price range.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back