• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 18, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #5,506 of 18,157
Mar 18, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #5,507 of 18,157
Looks like I need to come join you in Paradise!
Taking a break from hectic HCMC! Banyan Tree is a resort located at the border of Hue and Danang just after the Hai Van Pass! I was chilling out with some Snarky Puppy and Beethoven's 5th and 7th. Bliss upon bliss!

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #5,508 of 18,157
Looks like I need to come join you in Paradise!
Same i think, ive been under the worst stress for the past 2 months, my wife and i are just looking for a little space for a weekend… if we cannot get out of the city, we might just buy a couple of palm trees, fill 2 buckets with water and get some seagulls and ocean breeze sounds for the sake of our health.

By the way, you should post your videos here Howard, you are a great speaker and advocate. I myself got inspired from watching em, even though I’m not a religious person, i got inspiration from you and your way of expressing and inspiring people

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #5,509 of 18,157
Taking a break from hectic HCMC! Banyan Tree is a resort located at the border of Hue and Danang just after the Hai Van Pass! I was chilling out with some Snarky Puppy and Beethoven's 5th and 7th. Bliss upon bliss!
Awesome, all the Banyan are luxurious, we got 2 in mexico, my wife spent a couple of days in one for a “female leaders of the country” event, i was so jealous of not going hehehehe

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #5,510 of 18,157
I think I have narrowed my search down to the EDP Ace and the B-stock OZAR. From what I gather the OZAR is bass heavy similar to my Penon Serial, but sacrifices a little speed. The other option I am looking at is the EDP Ace with the DD, Planar, and Bone conduction. From my understanding this extends the frequency response on the top end. Any suggestions? For me the OZAR is $337 and the ACE is $300
Don't look at the money, look at the sound profile. Bob is always very accurate in his tuning descriptions and he has said, he hasn't messed with the OG EDP tuning recipe too much. He's extended it. There are a lot of people on here assuming that because it has the 10mm CNT ADLC it will be a bass monster at half the price of ......___________ fill in the blank. If that's your assumption and you buy ACE on that assumption, you're in for a disappointment. Go read the original EDP thread.

EDP is the most organic, fluid, musical, natural IEM I ever listened to. It's also the most Bass light of the entire line up, by design. Bob has said he has kept the tuning and extended the capability. To me I'm expecting EDP with greater extenstion, fuller mids and more resolutoin and perhaps a "Bit More" weight in the bass - but no where near SOG, SOR, Avalon, BC, Ozar, Elan, etc.... I'm expecting an updated, upgraded EDP (more natural, more organic, more fluid, etc) which stands unique in the entire IMR line up. I think it will have more bass, but I dont think it will be tuned to take on the others, to the contrary, to compliment them. The OG EDP provided hours of delightful listening, never too much of anything over extended listening sessions.

It's good to manage expectations and I'm expecting another winner that will stand alone in it's tuning.

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #5,511 of 18,157
I've been to both those places! Can't wait to return!

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #5,512 of 18,157
I've been to both those places! Can't wait to return!
Nice. Let me know if you do. We could do a head-fi meet up here!

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #5,513 of 18,157
Awesome, all the Banyan are luxurious, we got 2 in mexico, my wife spent a couple of days in one for a “female leaders of the country” event, i was so jealous of not going hehehehe
Did not realise they had Banyan in Mexico! It is an oasis really!

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #5,514 of 18,157
Same i think, ive been under the worst stress for the past 2 months, my wife and i are just looking for a little space for a weekend… if we cannot get out of the city, we might just buy a couple of palm trees, fill 2 buckets with water and get some seagulls and ocean breeze sounds for the sake of our health.

By the way, you should post your videos here Howard, you are a great speaker and advocate. I myself got inspired from watching em, even though I’m not a religious person, i got inspiration from you and your way of expressing and inspiring people
+1 for Howard to post his videos here!

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #5,515 of 18,157
Don't look at the money, look at the sound profile. Bob is always very accurate in his tuning descriptions and he has said, he hasn't messed with the OG EDP tuning recipe too much. He's extended it. There are a lot of people on here assuming that because it has the 10mm CNT ADLC it will be a bass monster at half the price of ......___________ fill in the blank. If that's your assumption and you buy ACE on that assumption, you're in for a disappointment. Go read the original EDP thread.

EDP is the most organic, fluid, musical, natural IEM I ever listened to. It's also the most Bass light of the entire line up, by design. Bob has said he has kept the tuning and extended the capability. To me I'm expecting EDP with greater extenstion, fuller mids and more resolutoin and perhaps a "Bit More" weight in the bass - but no where near SOG, SOR, Avalon, BC, Ozar, Elan, etc.... I'm expecting an updated, upgraded EDP (more natural, more organic, more fluid, etc) which stands unique in the entire IMR line up. I think it will have more bass, but I dont think it will be tuned to take on the others, to the contrary, to compliment them. The OG EDP provided hours of delightful listening, never too much of anything over extended listening sessions.

It's good to manage expectations and I'm expecting another winner that will stand alone in it's tuning.
I have just burned in Ozar, driving them with DX300 and IFI Go blue on the go. All I can say I didn't expect them to be that good. I use black lower with blue filter. They respond instantly to cable change, I enjoy them the most with my spare 64 Audio premium SPC cable which hits the bass strongest and sounds a bit more even in upper mids comparing to stock. I also found JVC Spiral Dots ++ tips bring Ozar's highs to where I like them to be and improve resolution and dynamic range. I also like them more with 3.5 on as balanced on Ibasso gets the sound stage unnaturally wide, they have the widest stage I ever heard in IEM. To me Ozar is much more fun and enjoyment comparing to FD5, FD7 and I use them more than U12t. Wonderful IEM... Now the question is which IMR IEM is better? :)

Mar 19, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #5,516 of 18,157
Well I decided to listen to the IMR Pros for one full week each just so I can get a good grasp on each their sound. All the while comparing to Sempre and OG EDP. I decided to start with the Avalon....or that's what I thought it was. One full week has ended and thought it was time to switch out to Dark Matter. Lo and behold this whole time I've been listening to the DM! I should have known this as the mids were pretty much on par with the EDM from my initial impressions. The DM sounds pretty much like the DM with bass boosted and a touch more sparkle on top except that EDM sounds more spacious. Meaning DM has a more intimate sound where you're placed closer to the sound source. After realizing that, boy how'd I wished DM had the ability to swap to an open back config like the Semper and Bass Cannons. So DM has the better mids for my sound preference over the Sempre. While both does bass extremely well, I prefer how Sempre presents it. It digs deeper and has a bit more in quantity. Bass is just huge sounding. There's only 2 other iem which I've heard digs and hits harder, those are the tape modded Sony ex800st and ASG 2.0 with full open port. I'm having a heck of a hard time to decide whether I like the Sempre or DM more. The DM to me is better more as an all rounder but when it comes to rock and hip-hop, Sempre makes my head bop uncontrollably.

edit:
Source - LP6 Pro
All listened with lower black nozzle, upper blue filter and stock cables that came with the Avalon\DM. Final Audio E-tips. Sempre in open back configuration.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #5,517 of 18,157

Great post i love your descriptive impression its very helpful too new & experienced IMR users alike?
The 'only' thing i would add to your comparison of OG & Ace EDP is the option to change Ace to Open Back, i have not personally heard OG, but introducing an open back design to ANY IEM can change its Presintation considerably which i think is the whole reason Bob has added this to the Ace? Again i must stress, i have not heard the OG BUT? even with Bob stating himself he has not messed with the original sound too much, "I" think with the new CNT/ADLC driver, Bone Conduction and Open Back you will have a EDP on steroids AND an option of 2 very different Presintation's especially in bass response and sound stage! This is my hope anyway?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #5,518 of 18,157
My early impression for this free IEM was quite a messy sounding and left it burning for the past 3 days. Listened this evening and hearing a different kind of bass presentation. Tight punching/hitting bass with a nice Low end. I hear it’s about speed with good tempo when on my Rainbow’s albums and feel there should be more than one driver in there due to its planar like midrange. So i did ask Bob but he confirmed just a single DD.

A special tuned DD: CNT ADLC 10mm DD with tuning specific acting more like a multi driver setup.
If he deploys this in EDP Ace, you guys will be in for a good deal as OG EDP to my ears also has tight punching bass.
Can it be an Ozar? physically it looks like an Ozar and it has the same driver. It would be amazing if it's an Ozar
After 24h of burn in, I confirm that I get a punchy bass. It can be an excellent IEM for workout

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #5,519 of 18,157
Can it be an Ozar? physically it looks like an Ozar and it has the same driver. It would be amazing if it's an Ozar
After 24h of burn in, I confirm that I get a punchy bass. It can be an excellent IEM for workout
It’s definitely the Ozar, same exact driver and appearance. I haven’t burnt them in but will be using them wirelessly to replace my R1 from way back. Great bass and highs, but too V-shaped as usual with black/black. The treble especially needed a bit of a cool-down not to get splashy. With something like red lower and green upper, balance is restored and the quality of the mids shines through; I am catching much more of the lyrics to songs I know pretty well.

Bob may get his feet tangled in the schedule more often than not, but he sure knows how to make up for it!

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #5,520 of 18,157
It’s definitely the Ozar, same exact driver and appearance. I haven’t burnt them in but will be using them wirelessly to replace my R1 from way back. Great bass and highs, but too V-shaped as usual with black/black. The treble especially needed a bit of a cool-down not to get splashy. With something like red lower and green upper, balance is restored and the quality of the mids shines through; I am catching much more of the lyrics to songs I know pretty well.

Bob may get his feet tangled in the schedule more often than not, but he sure knows how to make up for it!
I hope there will be a delay with my EDP Ace :wink:
This is amazing: we got a 365 euros B-stock IEM for free. Thank you Bob. You are amazing
I agree that it is V-shape but when I replace the black filters to red, everything becomes more balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back