Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 20, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #5,537 of 18,209
Grey nozzle and blue filter are now my final combination. Details are at maximum with this setting.

Still, without EQ I prefer the 7Hz Timeless. I will use my Timeless for mobile audio purposes now. One day I will move to an endgame IMR device.

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #5,538 of 18,209
Sign me up! Two pairs in the house, Ace on order, and I have a pair of the headphones in my cart that I'm really trying to talk myself out of.
count me also in, but I don't wanna be healed.
The latest events already healed me from my chi-fi-addiction, but I don't wann be healed from my IEM and Headphone-addiction.
Haha My Secretary will contact you with appointment details lol

Mar 20, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #5,539 of 18,209
The Zenith sounds like a better match honestly! @holsen put it very well that the Ace will probably not be a bass monster.
I asked Bob about the bass of the ACE - He said in Open Back it will have greater texture (more so than simply more quantity!) He seemed to shy away from saying that the ACE would have a lot of bass - I don't think the ACE will the 'best' buy necessarily if you are looking for a deep and rich low end

@holsen - Did you recently buy the new Shouer S12 - 14.8 planar ?

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #5,540 of 18,209
I asked Bob about the bass of the ACE - He said in Open Back it will have greater texture (more so than simply more quantity!) He seemed to shy away from saying that the ACE would have a lot of bass - I don't think the ACE will the 'best' buy necessarily if you are looking for a deep and rich low end

@holsen - Did you recently buy the new Shouer S12 - 14.8 planar ?
there's no imr that dissapoints on the bass department, even the original EDP (which im listening right now to) has an adecuate bass with its titanium driver, of course against 14 mm CNT... who knows what will happen

apogee groove and OG edp sounds so analogue, im listening rockabilly/ 60's 70's surf today and man... those guitars, and those drums...

Mar 21, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #5,541 of 18,209
20220321_141224.jpg
Received this in the mail today together with letter of apology about the Avalon delay.

I was just relieved and happy when the Avalon finally arrived.

Getting this in the mail put a nice grin to my face. A nice touch from IMR.

Not sure if there is a name for it. Calling it Thumper for now.

Mar 21, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #5,542 of 18,209
Just picked up mine from the post office as well. Unlike @dakchi, however, I only had to pay a couple of euros in handling charges.

Early sound impressions are really good. Warm-ish, natural tuning and quite wide headstage. Sufficiently competent as far as detail retrieval is concerned. It'll be great for outdoor use.

Mar 21, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #5,544 of 18,209
Anyone heard any news if the EDP ACE production will be starting on time or delayed?
The Ace and Zenith are on time so far. The shells are being machined at Bob's workshop as we speak. Do check the "Special Build Updates" hyperlink for periodic updates 👍

Mar 21, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #5,545 of 18,209
Moreover, I spoke to Bob about the upcoming Seraph and Seraph+ According to Bob, the MEMs driver provides a planar-like, analogue warmth with the resolving nature of an electrostat. However, the MEMS transducer requires the in-line amp (which plugs to any source, I'm guessing a 3.5mm in). Consequently, the MEMs driver will not function without the in-line amplifier. But, you may choose to plug it straight into your source and just use the CNT ADLC driver on its own.

The prices of the Seraph are TBC (still getting quotes from multiple sources), but it won't come cheap. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #5,546 of 18,209
The Ace and Zenith are on time so far. The shells are being machined at Bob's workshop as we speak. Do check the "Special Build Updates" hyperlink for periodic updates 👍
Where to find the "Special Build Updates" hyperlink?

Mar 21, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #5,548 of 18,209
Moreover, I spoke to Bob about the upcoming Seraph and Seraph+ According to Bob, the MEMs driver provides a planar-like, analogue warmth with the resolving nature of an electrostat. However, the MEMS transducer requires the in-line amp (which plugs to any source, I'm guessing a 3.5mm in). Consequently, the MEMs driver will not function without the in-line amplifier. But, you may choose to plug it straight into your source and just use the CNT ADLC driver on its own.

The prices of the Seraph are TBC (still getting quotes from multiple sources), but it won't come cheap. Hope this helps!
Very interesting. Another that I won't be able to resist 😃

Mar 21, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #5,549 of 18,209

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back