Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 24, 2022 at 4:41 AM Post #5,566 of 18,081
Bob really knows how to make each individual feel special! Kudos!
I told you guys from the very start to give Bob the benefit of doubt and he would come through for everyone involved in the Avalon/DM delay!
Its not often if AT ALL a company would be so honest and admit the issue was "their fault" let alone give such a generous gift to apologize! Well done Bob👍
On a different note, i finally made my mind up and ordered the ACE😍 I'm hoping for something along the lines of the Elysium but maybe even better? I havnt heard the Elysium but with the Ace having the same same configuration but with the brand new Sonion Bone Conduction driver and new CNT/ADLC driver i think the Ace will have better resolution and won't be as dark as people say Elysium is?
I will be VERY Intrested in comparison's with people who own Elysium once Ace lands?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #5,567 of 18,081
I told you guys from the very start to give Bob the benefit of doubt and he would come through for everyone involved in the Avalon/DM delay!
Its not often if AT ALL a company would be so honest and admit the issue was "their fault" let alone give such a generous gift to apologize! Well done Bob👍
On a different note, i finally made my mind up and ordered the ACE😍 I'm hoping for something along the lines of the Elysium but maybe even better? I havnt heard the Elysium but with the Ace having the same same configuration but with the brand new Sonion Bone Conduction driver and new CNT/ADLC driver i think the Ace will have better resolution and won't be as dark as people say Elysium is?
I will be VERY Intrested in comparison's with people who own Elysium once Ace lands?
Yes you did! :L3000::beerchug:

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #5,568 of 18,081
Is that SOR that you got for free? I thought everybody had Ozar
I have a feeling all the monitors giving for free are the same but with different colour faceplate's! But this is only a guess and i could be wrong? The only way to really know is if someone does a comparison between the ones with black & red faceplate's?

Mar 24, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #5,569 of 18,081
It's hard to say how they would be. But considering continuous progress over Bob's product line I think 99% of members here are optimistic regarding the Ace. If DD would be nicely balanced as well as planar I think we may get mid tier ultimate gear. I only hope that DD would be similar to Elan's thus me and probably other people won't miss trebles.

Elysium for me were too dark, that's true, but here we've seen some users that loved them, so it's something personal.

Regarding Avalon, yesterday I was really impressed by the depth of the imaginary scene. I was listening to some indoor registration made by the microphone that was positioned a few meters behind the people that were speaking. And from the beginning I thought that the sound was coming from my laptop speakers instead of iems how far it was ... I hope I explained myself.

However, god bless the person that invented Electrostatic drivers for iems, they sound so good. Really best realization of treble I've heard so far into small monitors. Mind blowing...

P.S. "It's hard to say how they would be" what we know for sure, that they must be similar to the previous EDP, but with more layers thanks to BC driver that adds some info on high mids, low treble frequencies... As well as new DD will add something. Let's dream about ...
1648116345224.png

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #5,570 of 18,081
It's hard to say how they would be. But considering continuous progress over Bob's product line I think 99% of members here are optimistic regarding the Ace. If DD would be nicely balanced as well as planar I think we may get mid tier ultimate gear. I only hope that DD would be similar to Elan's thus me and probably other people won't miss trebles.

Elysium for me were too dark, that's true, but here we've seen some users that loved them, so it's something personal.

Regarding Avalon yesterday I was really impressed by the depth of the imaginary scene. I was listening to some indoor registration made by the microphone that was positioned a few meters from people that were speaking. And from the beginning I thought that the sound was coming from my laptop speakers instead of iems how far it was ... I hope I explained myself.

However, god bless the person that invented Electrostatic drivers for iems, they sound so good. Really best realization of treble I've heard so far into small monitors. Mind blowing...
Agree with everything you say 100% especially regarding Ace DD being more like Elan! I'm a huge bass lover so the Ace DD tuned like Elan would suit me fine, unfortunately i don't think it will? BUT, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will respond to EQ so i can tune it myself more towards an Elan style bass?
I also think you hit the nail on the head saying EST drivers are a revelation for in-ear monitors and are without doubt superior to any driver when it comes to treble response. Not everyone agree's with me but, i think Opus Mia has one of if not the best implementation of EST to date, the instrument separation is just mind blowing! The way there is so much space around each instruments/sound but everything is still SO coherent is phenomenal, add to that the beautiful deep sub-bass makes it one of my all time favorite in-ear monitors. I just wish Bob would make a mk2 version with a different shell, i could then use it when I'm out & about?
He did make the Opus Melon i think the name was? but I'm not sure it was tuned exactly the same as Mia? If anyone with both could jump in with some impressions if the two DO sound the same would be great? "IF" they do sound identical i will keep my eyes open for a pre-owned set and pick them up for sure.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #5,571 of 18,081
Point to note on the Ace / Elysium comparison - on speaking to Bob about the Ely (I bought one but have since sold on), he pointed out that the planar driver actually send to lessen the impact/effect of the BC driver. R didn't elaborate whether that was down to size / placement in the shell etc ,(Ely has the 12mm planar), but the BC was definitely less noticeable than it is on the Elan or the Avalon.

Just a little food for thought - I think the Ace could be a very special mid fi IEM if he pulls it off. The Avalon is definitely one of his most accomplished tunings.

Mar 24, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #5,572 of 18,081
Point to note on the Ace / Elysium comparison - on speaking to Bob about the Ely (I bought one but have since sold on), he pointed out that the planar driver actually send to lessen the impact/effect of the BC driver. R didn't elaborate whether that was down to size / placement in the shell etc ,(Ely has the 12mm planar), but the BC was definitely less noticeable than it is on the Elan or the Avalon.

Just a little food for thought - I think the Ace could be a very special mid fi IEM if he pulls it off. The Avalon is definitely one of his most accomplished tunings.
sorry didn't quite understand the post! Do you mean the BC driver in Ace will have a better effect in comparison to Elysium?
EDIT:: Re-read your post and get what your saying now👍

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #5,573 of 18,081
Agree with everything you say 100% especially regarding Ace DD being more like Elan! I'm a huge bass lover so the Ace DD tuned like Elan would suit me fine, unfortunately i don't think it will? BUT, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will respond to EQ so i can tune it myself more towards an Elan style bass?
I also think you hit the nail on the head saying EST drivers are a revelation for in-ear monitors and are without doubt superior to any driver when it comes to treble response. Not everyone agree's with me but, i think Opus Mia has one of if not the best implementation of EST to date, the instrument separation is just mind blowing! The way there is so much space around each instruments/sound but everything is still SO coherent is phenomenal, add to that the beautiful deep sub-bass makes it one of my all time favorite in-ear monitors. I just wish Bob would make a mk2 version with a different shell, i could then use it when I'm out & about?
He did make the Opus Melon i think the name was? but I'm not sure it was tuned exactly the same as Mia? If anyone with both could jump in with some impressions if the two DO sound the same would be great? "IF" they do sound identical i will keep my eyes open for a pre-owned set and pick them up for sure.
I don't know why, but I missed some resolution on treble with OM. I was comparing them to the Campfire Andromeda S and heard that I miss some instruments separation/clearness, that was one of the reasons why I sold them. And the form factor also helped to this decision, it was just impossible to listen to them with any kind of hat because with the pressure going on foot by any step the sound discontinued. With Elan my believe in Bob was restored completely, this is why ordered Avalon and Ace.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #5,574 of 18,081
I don't know why, but I missed some resolution on treble with OM. I was comparing them to the Campfire Andromeda S and heard that I miss some instruments separation/clearness, that was one of the reasons why I sold them. And form factor also helped to this decision, it was just impossible to listen to them with any kind of hat because with the pressure going on foot by any step the sound discontinued. With Elan my believe in Bob was restored completely, this is why ordered Avalon and Ace.
I TOTALLY agree with you regarding form factor they are truly horrible to get a comfortable fit😣
When it comes to sound my impressions are the complete opposite! Before 300-400hrs i would have probably agreed with you but once burned in change considerably.
Also, i don't see them as detail monsters or analytical they are more of a musical fun monitor which makes it more frustrating regarding form factor because they are the sort of monitor you would love to use when out & about or at the gym, but this is impossible even with Tenmark foam's which normally fix fit issues! I'm thinking of trying some Xelastec's with them? But deep down i don't think ANYTHING will fix the issue so it will probably be a waste of money!!!

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #5,575 of 18,081
I TOTALLY agree with you regarding form factor they are truly horrible to get a comfortable fit😣
When it comes to sound my impressions are the complete opposite! Before 300-400hrs i would have probably agreed with you but once burned in change considerably.
Also, i don't see them as detail monsters or analytical they are more of a musical fun monitor which makes it more frustrating regarding form factor because they are the sort of monitor you would love to use when out & about or at the gym, but this is impossible even with Tenmark foam's which normally fix fit issues! I'm thinking of trying some Xelastec's with them? But deep down i don't think ANYTHING will fix the issue so it will probably be a waste of money!!!
Xelastec tips have a nice sound signature, but quality speaking they're just a garbage! After a few months you'll probably throw them into the can, disgusting considering their price.

Maybe my OM missed some hours of burning in. But I heard that some users had the same trouble with treble. Now I'm happy with what I've taken instead of them.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #5,579 of 18,081
Is that SOR that you got for free? I thought everybody had Ozar

I seem to remember @AlexCBSN already had the Ozar, so Bob took care of sending him a different gift... Talk about customer dedication!
Yes, I had already the Ozar, I actually laughed so hard when I got the package cause I thought "oh man, I'm half drunk and getting little gifts, this was such a good day"

A couple of days ago I told Bob "hey, so just wanted to ask you about sor" and he was like "you already have Ozar, you ainr missing much" now I see why he did it hehehehe

Mar 24, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #5,580 of 18,081
something about the fit of the Ozar isn't doing it for me so I may trade in... or IMR thread people can pick them up off me I suppose :)
I might be Intrested how much would you want for them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back