Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 24, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #5,582 of 18,013
Does anyone have Event Horizon on order? I'm really considering it.

I did but had to cancel due to personal circumstances - had to make a choice between the Avalons or the Event Horizons. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick some up pre-owned or in a sale maybe later this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing how people review them when they are shipped!

Mar 24, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #5,583 of 18,013
Does anyone have Event Horizon on order? I'm really considering it.
I did, on the same day it was announced actually. Well, seeing that the progress that IMR has done in the past few years is really promising and the idea of having a hybrid customisable full sized headphones is just very tempting. I took a leap of faith, also bearing in mind (or hopping) that as a first full sized model, Bob will put a lot of effort in this project to prove himself and the quality/price ratio (which normally with IMR is really above anything I have seen) will be even better for the same reason.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #5,584 of 18,013
I did, on the same day it was announced actually. Well, seeing that the progress that IMR has done in the past few years is really promising and the idea of having a hybrid customisable full sized headphones is just very tempting. I took a leap of faith, also bearing in mind (or hopping) that as a first full sized model, Bob will put a lot of effort in this project to prove himself and the quality/price ratio (which normally with IMR is really above anything I have seen) will be even better for the same reason.
Are you getting the planar modules at the same time?

Mar 24, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #5,585 of 18,013
I'm a real IMR virgin. It makes me really curious, hearing all the love towards IMR's. I so nearly had the SOG's but sadly that did not come to fruition, BUT hopefully next month my order of the EDP ACE will arrive at my door. It's not much fun being a VIRGIN, but sooner or later everyone has their first experience...I hope it's a good one, with the ACE.

Mar 24, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #5,587 of 18,013
I'm a real IMR virgin. It makes me really curious, hearing all the love towards IMR's. I so nearly had the SOG's but sadly that did not come to fruition, BUT hopefully next month my order of the EDP ACE will arrive at my door. It's not much fun being a VIRGIN, but sooner or later everyone has their first experience...I hope it's a good one, with the ACE.
I am sure you will not regret joining the IMR club. I guess the ACE is going to be a great model. Just burn them in as much as you can, honestly I would not even listen to them at all when they first arrive, just hook up them in a source for 10 days, only then you will get an idea of how they really sound. As an IMR virgin back then I did this mistake with the original EDP (my first IMR was a second hand R1, so it was already burned in) and got disappointed with their sound, didn't use them much then sold them shortly after. Now reading what is being said about them I regret it of course.

Mar 24, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #5,588 of 18,013
I'm 99% positive you will be MORE than happy👍 I own 5 sets of IMR all different in the best of ways and I'm quietly hoping Ace will be the best of the bunch regardless of price!
Its funny with IMR price to performance isn't always the end result, many people consider the OG EDP as one of the best monitors Bob has released which is why everyone has such high hopes with Ace. I nearly pulled the trigger on both the OG & +EDP and I'm really glad i didnt! once i saw Ace, as the saying goes? "Good things come to those who wait"

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #5,590 of 18,013
Regardiing Event Horizon, I'm VERY interested to hear how they perform and how linear the presentation is? I'm currently using Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro for Production & mixing and have been looking for a second full size that has a flatter response and the EH seem perfect "if" they are flat enough?
Its the use of a Beryllium Dynamic Driver in a full sized headphone that intrigue's me the most? The iem's iv heard/owned with a Beryllium driver always have a fantastic presentation covering the whole spectrum but more importantly for me have a great low-end on top of a rich & detailed midrange & treble and phenomenal transient response! If this ends up being the case they will be perfect for my style of music production i.e Drum&Bass?

Mar 24, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #5,592 of 18,013
Effff it, i went down the rabbit hole, Avalon purchased
Good stuff my friend I'm jealous😂Avalon is a bit out side my budget at this moment! But? My plan is, if Ace doesn't meet my expectations(I'm sure it will) I'm gonna return it tell Bob to hold onto the money and hopefully put the extra for Avalon in the following couple of weeks? Well that's the plan anyway, if it works is another story 😛

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #5,593 of 18,013
I appreciate the collective wisdom of the IMR group, so I'm requesting some tip feedback for my Elans.

Despite their shortcomings (not holding their shape) the Azla Exelastec work really well with my ears. I'm thinking of ordering another set, but welcome other suggestions. The reason I like the Xelastec is they provide the best seal for my ears (ever, in fact). Spinfit CP360 didn't quite match.

Specifically wondering about seal, comfort, and sound performance of:
  • Azla Crystal
  • Azla SednaEarfit
  • JVC Spiral Dot
Tips that gently augment the lower end are OK, but don't want more treble.

Vielen Dank in advance, my friends.

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #5,594 of 18,013
I appreciate the collective wisdom of the IMR group, so I'm requesting some tip feedback for my Elans.

Despite their shortcomings (not holding their shape) the Azla Exelastec work really well with my ears. I'm thinking of ordering another set, but welcome other suggestions. The reason I like the Xelastec is they provide the best seal for my ears (ever, in fact). Spinfit CP360 didn't quite match.

Specifically wondering about seal, comfort, and sound performance of:
  • Azla Crystal
  • Azla SednaEarfit
  • JVC Spiral Dot
Tips that gently augment the lower end are OK, but don't want more treble.

Vielen Dank in advance, my friends.
I use the original Spiral Dots and the Azla Sedna Earfits on most of my IEMs and I have some Xelastecs too. The Spiral Dots are excellent as are the Earfits. I've got Final Audio's, Acoustunes, Epro's and many others but, for my ears, the Earfits and Spiral Dots are the best. They have a good lifespan too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back