Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 19, 2022 at 6:55 AM Post #5,521 of 18,537
Can it be an Ozar? physically it looks like an Ozar and it has the same driver. It would be amazing if it's an Ozar
After 24h of burn in, I confirm that I get a punchy bass. It can be an excellent IEM for workout
My only concern with the Ozar (if you can call it that) is that it does not sound as good outdoors as it does indoors. Listening to classical indoors brings more coherency. It could be that it does not seal so well in my ears and that makes a lesser of a difference when listening indoors. Really love the Ozar. My go-to most of the time currently.

Mar 19, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #5,522 of 18,537
I was dead set on the Ace but the more i look at the Zenith 'll with that 14.2m Driver I'm seriously considering changing my mind and going with the Zenith!
I'm a total Basshead at heart and the bass that comes out my SOG is phenomenal so i cannot even imagine what that 45% increase in driver size is gonna produce! Even if it has the same quantity but digs deeper with better resolution will be s winner for me, i really do think it has the potential to have the greatest bass quantity & quality from an IMR monitor to date? This is what's making my decision so hard!
Ace OR Zenith ll

Mar 19, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #5,523 of 18,537
I was dead set on the Ace but the more i look at the Zenith 'll with that 14.2m Driver I'm seriously considering changing my mind and going with the Zenith!
I'm a total Basshead at heart and the bass that comes out my SOG is phenomenal so i cannot even imagine what that 45% increase in driver size is gonna produce! Even if it has the same quantity but digs deeper with better resolution will be s winner for me, i really do think it has the potential to have the greatest bass quantity & quality from an IMR monitor to date? This is what's making my decision so hard!
Ace OR Zenith ll
Get both! Haha! :L3000::beyersmile:

Mar 19, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #5,524 of 18,537
Ace OR Zenith ll
The Zenith sounds like a better match honestly! @holsen put it very well that the Ace will probably not be a bass monster.

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #5,525 of 18,537
The Zenith sounds like a better match honestly! @holsen put it very well that the Ace will probably not be a bass monster.
@RumbleWeed I concur here. For everything you describe about your preferences, Zenith is the one for you, Ace is the one for me! I kind of wrote that post for you 😜. Ace will have more bass than OG EDP, It won't be a bass monster. Mids will be the star of the Ace Show connecting the bottom end and the top end. - that's my expectation of them.

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #5,526 of 18,537
Get both! Haha! :L3000::beyersmile:
Ha ha lend uz £200 and i will 😛😊😋
The thing is iv just ordered the Focus EDM for my new out & about Basshead monitor which isn't helping my decision! My inner bass heart is telling me get Zenith 'll you cannot have to much bass but, my inner audiophile is telling me the Ace will be something special!
I really do think the Ace will be spectacular with CNT/ADLC , Planar and most important Sonions new Bone Conduction.
I have the same feeling i had when Opus Mia was announced and that turned out to be one of my all time favorite monitors!

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #5,527 of 18,537
@RumbleWeed I concur here. For everything you describe about your preferences, Zenith is the one for you, Ace is the one for me! I kind of wrote that post for you 😜. Ace will have more bass than OG EDP, It won't be a bass monster. Mids will be the star of the Ace Show connecting the bottom end and the top end. - that's my expectation of them.
Lol you are very right my friend BUT no, iv decided I'm getting Ace and keep my fingers crossed its as Speacial as i think it will be.
Also, if Ace does not turn out how i think/hope it will i will probably return it put a bit of extra cash and get DM? OR wait and get one of the new one's with "MEMS" Drivers?
Do you have any experience with 'MEMS' Drivers? Actually, can anyone explain the pro's & con's with this new technology? When i searched and tried to do a bit of research its very very complicated and not much info when its comes to using 'MEMS' in IEM'S!

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #5,528 of 18,537
Funnily I took out my r3 halcyon after reading the post here. Sometimes we get so hyped about stuff that we forget how good some things are. The halcyon has this crazy sub woofer bass that I always loved from the Aten driver, funny cause even though it has the piezo ceramic and the electro stats, the highs ain't harsh, the mids have a ton of body and it does have sort of a 3d effect. Don't forget your old iems people. Even though the fd7 on paper for me was the greatest thing to come out last year from fiiio, at the end my beloved fd5 stood it's ground against it with a more likable signature FOR ME since I need warm and lushy sound. Acoustune 1677, Sony ex800 and ex1000 are still amongst my favorite headphones. Yet i always go to my IMR vault for my comfort zone.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #5,529 of 18,537
IMR iems are like a living being, they change with time mature like fine wine. After suddenly being very dissatisfied with my PB1 I used the suggested mesh less treble filter and the silver bass filter and was amazed at the transformation to what now seems to be one of my favourites. The search for new all the time should be tempered with really exploring the possibilities of the ones you already own.

Mar 19, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #5,530 of 18,537
IMR iems are like a living being, they change with time mature like fine wine. The search for new all the time should be tempered with really exploring the possibilities of the ones you already own.
Amen, Brother! And yet shiny new objects are just soooo..... well, tempting. Lord, keep me from from temptation and deliver me from the evil one!

Mar 19, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #5,531 of 18,537
Amen, Brother! And yet shiny new objects are just soooo..... well, tempting. Lord, keep me from from temptation and deliver me from the evil one!
Having said that I have the ace on order...

Mar 19, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #5,532 of 18,537
For IMR is the kingdom the 9power. & glory, "which keeps making us come back for more" lol
Having said that I have the ace on order...
You see, the temptation is just too much to handle. I'm gonna start a group called 'IIMR Anonymous" for all the addicted out there!'haha

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #5,533 of 18,537
You see, the temptation is just too much to handle. I'm gonna start a group called 'IIMR Anonymous" for all the addicted out there!'haha
Sign me up! Two pairs in the house, Ace on order, and I have a pair of the headphones in my cart that I'm really trying to talk myself out of.

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #5,534 of 18,537
Sign me up! Two pairs in the house, Ace on order, and I have a pair of the headphones in my cart that I'm really trying to talk myself out of.
My first patient , everyone's welcome classes include, 'New model mania' '
"Banishing Burn-in" "Filter Fiddling" and "Do i really need it Syndrome' lol

Mar 20, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #5,535 of 18,537
My first patient , everyone's welcome classes include, 'New model mania' '
"Banishing Burn-in" "Filter Fiddling" and "Do i really need it Syndrome' lol
count me also in, but I don't wanna be healed.
The latest events already healed me from my chi-fi-addiction, but I don't wann be healed from my IEM and Headphone-addiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back