Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 23, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #5,056 of 18,013
Do you have any experience with the eHorn Tips? A few people say they are great and I'm really curious especially regarding their shape?
Yes, and I find that those tips increase overall euphonics of IEMs and slightly improve how the mids sound. They have a pretty unique bore shape, in that they are narrower at the earphone nozzle but wider at tip lip. However, as a result they are pretty long, so they won't fit well on all IEMs.

Feb 23, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #5,057 of 18,013
I have final-e's and I am not sure about how much they increase bass. I have a wide bore that really help bass in my experience. Azla Sedna Earfits. I don't think it is absolute about bass being increased, all the time by narrow boresT
Thanks for the advice👍 you are the 3rd person rec-ing the AZLA Sedna Earfit so it must be how they are made or materials used but, i cannot not gives these a try now you have also said they are special for bass! I have the Azla Xelastec's and they are amazing by far the most comfortable Tips iv ever owned and the slight stickiness to the material used is genius! they stay in place and never move! I would highly rec them to anyone. But I'm just looking for increased bass and they don't give it! I think people over look the importance of Ear Tips and the different ear anatomy, people concintrate so much on drivers and frequency response which don't get me wrong is obviously very important but, different shaped ears and the Tips chosen to go in those ear shapes can make or break a set of IEM'S! Once again thanx for the advice and once i recieve and test them for myself ill come back with some impression's.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #5,058 of 18,013
Yes, and I find that those tips increase overall euphonics of IEMs and slightly improve how the mids sound. They have a pretty unique bore shape, in that they are narrower at the earphone nozzle but wider at tip lip. However, as a result they are pretty long, so they won't fit well on all IEMs.
IYes its the shaped of them that interests me? Have you tried the Acoustune AET08/AET07?
I think I'm just gonna go mad next month and spend some good money on tips? Probably the final-e, Sefna Earfits,ePro Horns, Acoustune AET08/AET07 and Symbio W Hybrids. Hopefully between all them i should find the perfect match for my Splash of Gold and Mest mk2?
Actually speaking about SOG remember i have a brand new set I'm selling for £125 if anyone is interested?

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #5,059 of 18,013
I have final-e's and I am not sure about how much they increase bass. I have a wide bore that really help bass in my experience. Azla Sedna Earfits. I don't think it is absolute about bass being increased, all the time by narrow bores.
I honestly find that the final-es, especially if you get a good seal, really increase the bass and also the treble extension. But I guess everyone has his own experience, it depends in the end on your source and earphones.

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #5,061 of 18,013
Thanx my friend that's very helpful ill get the black final-e first them👍 its funny really how everyone is so different cos the guy on the mest thread said the sendahort are his go to for bass on mest mk2! Maybe it has something to do with how wide there nozzle is? Do you have any experience with the eHorn Tips? A few people say they are great and I'm really curious especially regarding their shape?
Ehorns in both presentation are magnificent, the long horn add a ton of body to mids and bass, shallow ones are more like spiral dots, though I like em more, since the fit is way better and they do have better bass control than spirals which are prone to reduce bass

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #5,062 of 18,013
It's been 2 weeks now and still no change to the status of my Royal Mail tracking number for my Avalon. I'm tempted to cancel.

Feb 23, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #5,063 of 18,013
My Avalons arrived this afternoon with DHL. Only listened for a couple of hours, but so far my feelings are mixed. No doubt that they can strongly reproduce low frequencies, the very low notes in Moonlight On Spring River are really easy for them. They are more sensitive than the SOGs, so easy to drive. Biggest disappointment is the soundstage. I was expecting something dramatic, but while it's decent, it still isn't as good as the SOGs. Now that may improve as the treble performance comes into its own with the burn in. At the moment treble extension seems to be lacking, so hoping for the best with soundstage. I've seen some complaints about fit, and for me these are a bit more difficult than other IMRs I think because the cable is a bit stiffer, so doesn't go over the ears as well. Speaking of the cable, I don't see it as an improvement. The color is better, but it is stiffer, and so loosely woven that it looks cheap and nasty. I may swap for one of the cables that came with the Knights or Elysiums.
Overall impression probably summed up by the fact that I am happy to put them on to burn in rather than feeling an irresistible desire to keep listening to them as I did when I got the SOGS. Hopefully two or three hundred hours of burn in will reveal their true magic.

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #5,065 of 18,013
The thing is the bone conduction it’s not exactly soundstage friendly, it makes things come to live, but it seriously reduces width since the sound is literally been transferred to your timpani through conduction
Yes, I've learned to live with the somewhat confined soundstage of the Elan, given that everything else about them is so good. I have other options when soundstage is important.

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #5,066 of 18,013
The thing is the bone conduction it’s not exactly soundstage friendly, it makes things come to live, but it seriously reduces width since the sound is literally been transferred to your timpani through conduction
But Bob's description for the Avalon is "Offering a sound stage that is best described as a star field and is as deep as it is wide" and that is what I was hoping for.

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #5,067 of 18,013
But Bob's description for the Avalon is "Offering a sound stage that is best described as a star field and is as deep as it is wide" and that is what I was hoping for.

Maybe it needs the time to mature into that state, maybe you may be blown away at that point of maturity, but maybe not, could it be too early to call it.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #5,068 of 18,013
Thanks for the advice👍 you are the 3rd person rec-ing the AZLA Sedna Earfit so it must be how they are made or materials used but, i cannot not gives these a try now you have also said they are special for bass! I have the Azla Xelastec's and they are amazing by far the most comfortable Tips iv ever owned and the slight stickiness to the material used is genius! they stay in place and never move! I would highly rec them to anyone. But I'm just looking for increased bass and they don't give it! I think people over look the importance of Ear Tips and the different ear anatomy, people concintrate so much on drivers and frequency response which don't get me wrong is obviously very important but, different shaped ears and the Tips chosen to go in those ear shapes can make or break a set of IEM'S! Once again thanx for the advice and once i recieve and test them for myself ill come back with some impression's.
The cheapest with most obvious upgrades :ksc75smile: I, too am the AZLA Sedna Earfit fans, its strange how easily they could be inserted and just stay there. Though with a wide bore, they do give me a good solid bass. AZLA Xelastec is also nice, but to me, they are a bit tough to insert, especially with dry weather, and the sticky surface is very unique but bass-wise it is less impactful than Sedna Earfit to me.

Feb 23, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #5,070 of 18,013
Yes, I've learned to live with the somewhat confined soundstage of the Elan, given that everything else about them is so good. I have other options when soundstage is important.

The thing about dm for example is that the double did actually helps with the soundstage to feel more realistic but not wide. I love that drums do feel 3d as in where there's this spacial feel to it around my head. As zeppmeister says elan is truly special but the feeling of claustrophobia was a bit much to me.

Tbh I love dm, but we gotta go back to the classics and fall in love with them. Someone posted a mod for the semper with foam in the exterior grills. Mids just came to life and bass still manages authority and rumble. As well opus mia it's still a king of it's own realm, sog and Ozar are something else but I think I'll do my Aten 5 my daily driver for the next couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back