Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 16, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #3,706 of 18,013
Interesting - At almost the same time, round about 280 hours for both the Astra AND the Opus Mia - the sound was not good at all!!
I think all these latest drivers need a good 500 hours !!

Aug 16, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #3,707 of 18,013
I'd agree with you, that they are very easy to drive, it doesnt take much juice to wake them up and the Bone Conduction clearly has a pronounced effect. @roygbiv6 describes it as like being in the song, I get what he's saying. On many tracks it's like the music is enveloping you as it comes into you from around you. That's special!

Having not heard any Bone Conduction and people struggle to express how to explain the effect, like you all have a good go at this but everyone finishes with "but i don't know, it is hard to describe". Then i had an epiphany moment, a lot of audio descriptions translate over into photography and video, so lets say something like this...
If the Aten is like a 24" 1080 16 x 9 monitor
then the PB1 is like a 34" 1440 16 x 9 monitor
then Semper is like a 34" 1800R curved ultrawide 21 x 9 monitor
then the Astra is like a 49" 1000R curved super ultra wide 32 x 9 monitor

So the Bone conduction offers that level of immersion of a 49" 1000R curved monitor, maybe but i don't know it is hard to describe not hearing them yet nor seeing that kind of monitor, but after taking in and processing all y'alls impressions and trying to get a feel for what that must be like this was the best analogy i could come up with.

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #3,708 of 18,013
Having not heard any Bone Conduction and people struggle to express how to explain the effect, like you all have a good go at this but everyone finishes with "but i don't know, it is hard to describe". Then i had an epiphany moment, a lot of audio descriptions translate over into photography and video, so lets say something like this...
If the Aten is like a 24" 1080 16 x 9 monitor
then the PB1 is like a 34" 1440 16 x 9 monitor
then Semper is like a 34" 1800R curved ultrawide 21 x 9 monitor
then the Astra is like a 49" 1000R curved super ultra wide 32 x 9 monitor

So the Bone conduction offers that level of immersion of a 49" 1000R curved monitor, maybe but i don't know it is hard to describe not hearing them yet nor seeing that kind of monitor, but after taking in and processing all y'alls impressions and trying to get a feel for what that must be like this was the best analogy i could come up with.
That'll work!
And just like the monitors, the better the resolution of the image you feed it, so too it is with the Bone Conduction. Some tracks it's negligible others it's wow. Once my Astras are burned fully I listen critically to determine what brings out maximal effect vs what doesn't but my inclination would be that it widens and adds dimentionality to the mids and pulls some vibration from the uppr bass but I'm just pulling at straws here....

Aug 16, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #3,709 of 18,013
I'm going the let them run around the clock another 150 until 500 hours just to let them fully season

Once my Astras are burned fully I listen critically

C1294A66-C69A-42FC-A5F0-0C9C0D8469E2.jpeg

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #3,711 of 18,013
Can we say that the Elan is versatile with many types of music (acoustic and electronic)?
Very much so - The Elan handles every genre effortlessly and gives you the best of each. For example acoustic music is so sweet and precise, you her every zing and detailing + the BC driver gives you a the same sort of 'room feel' that you experience when playing live! Reggae has big bass but also controlled and doesn't effect the mids and treble. EDM sounds very creamy smooth.
Anyway, as I say, Elans are superb in every way

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #3,712 of 18,013
Very much so - The Elan handles every genre effortlessly and gives you the best of each. For example acoustic music is so sweet and precise, you her every zing and detailing + the BC driver gives you a the same sort of 'room feel' that you experience when playing live! Reggae has big bass but also controlled and doesn't effect the mids and treble. EDM sounds very creamy smooth.
Anyway, as I say, Elans are superb in every way
Please tell me, how are they doing with high frequencies? On EDP +, they are clearly not enough for me ((. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #3,713 of 18,013
Please tell me, how are they doing with high frequencies? On EDP +, they are clearly not enough for me ((. Thanks!
I can't 100% say yet as they need another 10 days or so to fully burn in but... using red lower and blue upper the highs are just perfect in quantity and more importantly quality, sparkly yet nover sibilant. The sound signature as a whole has that special Body that IMR excels at, warm rich but super clear.
What i can say is that there is absolutely nothing 'wrong' or untoward about any of the frequencies at all - everything just sounds natural and perfectly balanced
EDP+ had a unique tuning but the Elan is 100% IMR
You only ever know whether you like an IEM when you get in in your ears! All I can say is that the Elans are 10 out of 10.
Its difficult to recommend IEMs in general due to everyone having different set ups and hearing etc etc but as I say the Elans are about as perfect as you could hope for - Lows, mids and highs all just superb AND with the added qualities of the bone conduction :)
What more can I say? - You can see how many IEM's ive owned and these may very well be my favourite !

Aug 17, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #3,714 of 18,013
The sound signature as a whole has that special Body that IMR excels at, warm rich but super clear.

There is no way to confirm what i am about to say but i think Bob has created the IEM i requested in the Elan.

I asked for a super sized Aten which this is the only thing which is not in the IEM but it is an Aten and the only shell which truly fits.
Black and Red colours.
Super loud yet perfectly super clear.
Full bodied high impact energetic sound that brings tears to your eyes.
Fully immersive like i am back where i want to be.

What more can I say? - You can see how many IEM's ive owned and these may very well be my favourite !

I can fully understand this sentiment if the above is true, they should literally be perfection and not from an Audiophile's view point of said ideation. It should literally move your world connecting mind, body and soul. 👇

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #3,715 of 18,013
I've not gotten my Bone Conductors yet but I'll be simply amazed if they can re-define the bass I'm getting out of my cannons :astonished: Whether wired or BT:thumbsup:

BC Love.jpg

BC TWS Mode.jpg

Aug 18, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #3,716 of 18,013
I can fully understand this sentiment if the above is true, they should literally be perfection and not from an Audiophile's view point of said ideation. It should literally move your world connecting mind, body and soul. 👇
You would love it :)

Aug 18, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #3,717 of 18,013
Hello all. Did someone heard andro 2020 and Elan? How do they compare? Can Elan be in some way an upgrade to andro 2020? I feel like i want better (deeper and more rumble) bass and a little more spark from my andro but i never heard Elan and afraid maybe i need to buy some higher end IMR to get real upgrade.. What you guys think?

Aug 18, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #3,718 of 18,013
Hello all. Did someone heard andro 2020 and Elan? How do they compare? Can Elan be in some way an upgrade to andro 2020? I feel like i want better (deeper and more rumble) bass and a little more spark from my andro but i never heard Elan and afraid maybe i need to buy some higher end IMR to get real upgrade.. What you guys think?
What in the wide world of sports is an andro2020 ? You gonna have to link us to it

Aug 18, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #3,719 of 18,013
Aug 18, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,720 of 18,013
Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020 version... C'mon @jon parker where ya been? Lol

Look, its not my fault people can't even be bothered to use full words these days
besides that...

und.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back