Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 19, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #3,736 of 18,121
I get what your saying but doing good in the past does not give you a free pass to attack someone's work in the present! I will leave it at that now and i would also like to remove my post including the photos in case someone skips through the thread and stops reading after reading the post! Does anyone know how to remove post's?
Completely OT but is this the Jon Parker who recently purchased a set of Bass Cannons?
Hi you can delete the content i think? but maybe not the whole post
and mayybbeeee :wink:

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #3,737 of 18,121
Hey everyone hope your all well, unfortunately iv been unwell but better now😎 After some headfi surfing i came across a reviewer who is held in VERY high regard(seems to be?) a guy called "Crinacle" who has an extensive list of IEM'S he has reviewed and rated according to how "he" feels they sound! This is a 300+ list including many of IEM'S released in the last 5 years.
The thing is? I was ABSALOUTLY SHOCKED at some of "POOR" ratings he gives "normally" well received IEM'S from the likes of Empire Ears,Campfire Audio ect..
But it was when i got to the bottom of the list and COULD NOT BELIEVE the ratings & comments he has given to some of our favorite IMR IEM'S! I took screen shots and attached them so you can see yourself! What the he'll is going on here? He is a VERY respected reviewer! Please comment because I'm speechless and don't understand whats going on here?
It is because many reviewers have never forgiven Bob for the demise/debacle at Trinity, was Bob to blame? Maybe to a degree for bad vision not realizing he could control things when his financial backer failed to come through taking control of sales and business and not supporting Bob and TA at coming through with viable product to all those who were already invested. Left a bad taste and many still hold a grudge. For me I only lost out on one 10 pound product that never came to fruition but Bob himself never lied to me or not come through on a promise as long as he had control of that promise. (Stands true to this day even at IMR). A lot of reviewers and well known ones have given low marks to Bob's wares but imho they were just trying to save face in the community and appeasing those who put 100% of the blame on Bob's shoulders! Also my opinion but I believe Bob learned some valuable lesson's in the TA deal and I'm pretty sure he's made corrections in his business dealings/agreements to not get in that situation again :thinking: I personally think Bob's iem's can stand up to most if not all like priced iem's in this industry but then again that's just one guys opinion:rolling_eyes: You like what you hear? Then enjoy and just ignore the fodder:beerchug:

Aug 19, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #3,738 of 18,121
Specifications of dark matter and avalon published in Facebook. Which one do you think would be interesting ?

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #3,740 of 18,121
Specifications of dark matter and avalon published in Facebook. Which one do you think would be interesting ?
They’re also on Instagram by the way.

Dark Matter 11mm cnt adlc, bone conduction, 6mm cnt adlc

Avalon 11mm cnt adlc, 2x bone conduction, electrostatic drivers

+ “something unique” as @NellieG said

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #3,741 of 18,121
They’re also on Instagram by the way.

Dark Matter 11mm cnt adlc, bone conduction, 6mm cnt adlc

Avalon 11mm cnt adlc, 2x bone conduction, electrostatic drivers

+ “something unique” as @NellieG said
Is this speculation or fact?
Avalon's driver configuration is my dream comdo😎 I just bought the EE Bravado MKII to go with my Opus Mia i Absaloutly love Tribrid's but i really won't bone conduction! If this IS the final configuration I'm having a touch of buyer remorse with the Bravado and should have waited for Avalon, i certainly cannot afford both! Does anyone have any idea of shell shape? Will it be a totally new design or more of what we have with Elan & Ozar?
I haven't purchased anything since the loyalty Discount was pulled in favour of the new "Members" Discount, is it roughly the same % that we enjoyed with Loyalty discount?

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #3,742 of 18,121
Is this speculation or fact?
Avalon's driver configuration is my dream comdo😎 I just bought the EE Bravado MKII to go with my Opus Mia i Absaloutly love Tribrid's but i really won't bone conduction! If this IS the final configuration I'm having a touch of buyer remorse with the Bravado and should have waited for Avalon, i certainly cannot afford both! Does anyone have any idea of shell shape? Will it be a totally new design or more of what we have with Elan & Ozar?
I haven't purchased anything since the loyalty Discount was pulled in favour of the new "Members" Discount, is it roughly the same % that we enjoyed with Loyalty discount?
Why not just check this side???

https://www.instagram.com/imracoustics/

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #3,743 of 18,121
Just checked Facebook and yes these configurations are correct😍 it seems Bob's is releasing 50 units of each model early and also says the people who buy one of the 50 will get something unique to Dark Matter & Avalon! Does anyone know what this "Unique" is?

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #3,744 of 18,121
unique means that it can only be used with Dark Matter and Avalon, not the other IMR IEMS. My best guess is that they will come with filters that are specific to them
The 2 IEMs seem to be interesting on paper, but the prices are way too high. I'm also wondering if they will be an upgrade of Semper

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #3,745 of 18,121
A part from the slight increase in the size of the cnt adlc, I don't see any difference between Dark Matter and Astra. They will normally sound the same
I'm curious whether the second cnt adlc of the Avalon would perform better than the EST of the Dark Matter

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #3,746 of 18,121
A part from the slight increase in the size of the cnt adlc, I don't see any difference between Dark Matter and Astra. They will normally sound the same
I'm curious whether the second cnt adlc of the Avalon would perform better than the EST of the Dark Matter

Astra
10mm ADLC
EST
Bone Conduction

Dark Matter
11mm CNT ADLC
6mm CNT ADLC
Bone Conduction

So that makes only 1 thing the same, right?

Avalon
11mm CNT ADLC
EST
x2 Bone Conduction

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #3,747 of 18,121
Sorry I was comparing Avalon with Astra. Based on the specifications, I would guess that sound of Avalon would be 90% similar to the one of Astra. Hence, my comment

Aug 19, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #3,748 of 18,121
Currently rethinking my life choices which has lead me to this odd position i now find myself in.

A dream of having a great desk set up pretty much geared towards the audio started out as a few simple tweaks, a niggling this feeling of this is not my dream but it will do for now turned into well i can just rearrange a little and this turned into a full dismantling, a complete room rearrange which has unfortunately left me unable to properly connect my audio system as i need to change cabling and some other issues. After lots of procrastination i decided to plug my PB1 directly into the Mac Mini M1 and they sound way better than i had ever thought possible from that and i am like well, DOooo i really need to wire up my system, yet i look across and see the potential. I always say power is everything and well, it is buutttt 🤷‍♀️ THE DREAM GOD DAMN IT.....

This is a temporary test set up to see how the flow would work out, and it does infact, not flow and by no means anything like a finished project what so ever.. Sad face.

Is it time to pack up and go home or continue?

1CB501E3-D64D-4D53-9552-7A20CD0BC5E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #3,749 of 18,121
Is it time to pack up and go home or continue?
A word to the wise - Just about everything sounds good out of a Mac - I think its the CS dace chips they use
BUT
here's the thing - If I use my Mac or iphone to critically review any audio work I've done it will invariably sound great
but then when i listen or more neutral or more professionally tuned gear it quickly becomes apparent at what a good job apple does and how much more work I need to do in reality.
Anyway - if it sounds good its good - Just sharing a little insight I had a while back :)

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #3,750 of 18,121
A word to the wise - Just about everything sounds good out of a Mac - I think its the CS dace chips they use
BUT
here's the thing - If I use my Mac or iphone to critically review any audio work I've done it will invariably sound great
but then when i listen or more neutral or more professionally tuned gear it quickly becomes apparent at what a good job apple does and how much more work I need to do in reality.
Anyway - if it sounds good its good - Just sharing a little insight I had a while back :)

I agree with you there, just switching from my old windows laptop which shipped with Windows 7 to the Mac and no other changes to the set up and outputting into the DAC with both set ups the quality or maybe enjoyment went up a few notches.
I know it does not sound as good but it surpasses my admittedly low threshold easily so Apple as you say do a fantastic job.

I am at the point of My Red's are the perfect bluetooth set up, My PB1 i really enjoy from the MAC for general Youtube listening which obviously the quality on there is all over the place but the good sounds great and the bad sounds good which surprises me with the Planar, great synergy though, my Zenith i love out of the Mixer amplifier and the Aten loves the power of the 789 amplifier but i know the Elan would love it even more and then i could use the BTR5 as an Amp/DAC with the Aten.

Apple did a poor job with the chip in the ipod 6th gen which i think if i recall correctly is also a CS chip, all other ipods before the 6 had the Wolfson chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back