Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 11, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #2,401 of 17,967
Let's be fair here, for starters IMR has a sort of iffy history, and IMR house sound is not liked by crin, and I think that is fine cause to each of their own. But the problem he has is the fans of IMR gets very emotional when their favourite iem gets a low rating and starts personally attacking him. So it's not fair to berate someone over their opinion on a product. If he hates it he hates it. Its his opinion he is entitled to it.

May 11, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #2,402 of 17,967
I just went and asked Bob myself about this taxes controversy, got a prompt response from Bob himself (well, at least that's what it's signed from anyway). I don't really know what to think anymore...

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-10 a las 23.34.33.png

FWIW, I live in the UK and just tried to add the Ozar to the cart: at checkout, VAT was added as expected, so that confirms prices are excluding taxes.

May 11, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #2,403 of 17,967
Let's be fair here, for starters IMR has a sort of iffy history, and IMR house sound is not liked by crin, and I think that is fine cause to each of their own. But the problem he has is the fans of IMR gets very emotional when their favourite iem gets a low rating and starts personally attacking him. So it's not fair to berate someone over their opinion on a product. If he hates it he hates it. Its his opinion he is entitled to it.
First, you know what's sort of iffy? Your making your very post on this forum in this topic instead of saying hello in the introductions section. Unless you've only made an alt account to post here, which would be even more iffy.
Second, do you have any experience with IMR products to share or questions about them that you post here or are you here just to be a cheerleader? Crinacle's fans can get just as emotional if they feel the need to defend him whenever his opinions are questioned. As demonstrated by a few posts above and in other threads across this forum.
Third, no, IMR itself doesn't have "a sort of iffy history". If anything, if you ask anybody who's actually been the company's customer (or, you know, been one yourself), they'll tell you or you'd know that IMR is known for stellar customer service and good communication with its customers. Yes, the products sometimes miss their release date, but the reasons so far have been attributable to force majeure or late improvements to product design. No one has been cheated out of their money, no one received something different to what they paid for.

May 11, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #2,404 of 17,967
First, you know what's sort of iffy? Your making your very post on this forum in this topic instead of saying hello in the introductions section. Unless you've only made an alt account to post here, which would be even more iffy.
Second, do you have any experience with IMR products to share or questions about them that you post here or are you here just to be a cheerleader? Crinacle's fans can get just as emotional if they feel the need to defend him whenever his opinions are questioned. As demonstrated by a few posts above and in other threads across this forum.
Third, no, IMR itself doesn't have "a sort of iffy history". If anything, if you ask anybody who's actually been the company's customer (or, you know, been one yourself), they'll tell you or you'd know that IMR is known for stellar customer service and good communication with its customers. Yes, the products sometimes miss their release date, but the reasons so far have been attributable to force majeure or late improvements to product design. No one has been cheated out of their money, no one received something different to what they paid for.
Mate I got the IMR Rah and the 2020 Aten. I do like IMR, I'm just posting it to be objective. I ain't no crin fan boy, I'm just saying attacks to him isnt called for.

May 11, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #2,406 of 17,967
I received a Dunu DUW 02 cable today. There's only one 3.5 plug with it. Is this normal? Where should I get the 2.5 ones?

May 11, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #2,407 of 17,967
I received a Dunu DUW 02 cable today. There's only one 3.5 plug with it. Is this normal? Where should I get the 2.5 ones?
It is normal, if you did not buy a bundle (a bundle will include one or more alternative plugs/terminals).

Alternatively, you could buy the 2.5mm, 3.5mm balanced and 4.4mm plugs separately.

Try Amazon for fast delivery (at a higher price) if you want it quickly otherwise wait for the next AliExpress sale (slower and lower price).

May 11, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #2,408 of 17,967
Thank you. But it just doesn't make sense to me like this . Can't find them on Amazon . Will try other places . Otherwise it's nice and it fits the Semper great.

May 11, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #2,409 of 17,967
Thank you. But it just doesn't make sense to me like this . Can't find them on Amazon . Will try other places . Otherwise it's nice and it fits the Semper great.
I know, I have both MMCX and 2 pin and MMCX to 2 pin converter and vice versa, for A/B comparisons, so that (with the same eartips) the only variables are the ear pieces.

Skinny cable which, is versatile, feels good, is well made and looks good to cap it all.

Edit: try Linsoul, on Amazon or their website.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #2,410 of 17,967
I know, I have both MMCX and 2 pin and MMCX to 2 pin converter and vice versa, for A/B comparisons, so that (with the same eartips) the only variables are the ear pieces.

Skinny cable which, is versatile, feels good, is well made and looks good to cap it all.

Edit: try Linsoul, on Amazon or their website.
Yeah, I like them a lot. I'm ordering another one with MMCX for Solaris . Linsoul takes forever . I'm buying from Hifigo .

May 11, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #2,412 of 17,967
M8 is amazing with everything 😉

May 11, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #2,413 of 17,967
@Mehran
Your collection is growing mighty impressive. How do you find the Shanling M8 with IMR stuff?
Yes , I must stop now, lol. Will receive it tomorrow or the day after, I'll make sure to leave impressions vs M15.

May 11, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #2,414 of 17,967
@Mehran
Your collection is growing mighty impressive. How do you find the Shanling M8 with IMR stuff?

I own shanling M8 with Halcyon, PB2, Semper.
everything i say is only about my opinion.

The M8 is a warmer DAP. His AK4499 dac is very resolving. It suits very well chilling music. because of its lower tonality. It brings very smooth, sweet, cozy sound. The semper is very resolving too and with M8, details on the lower end are spectacular. we can hear the breathing, the different tones etc ... I'm sorry, but I don't know how to express that. but it is very detailed. we hear the sound everywhere around us. we really feel in the music.

But as the M8 plays in the lower tonality, the kind of energitic music like EDM, drum and bass, electronic with fast basses are boring. M8 lacks energy. But chilling, liquid, soul jazz are magical with. And with the "warm" Semper, it brings more sweetness, soundstage etc...

i hope, next IMR line (Astra, Elysium, Elan) will bring more crisps, accurate and less warm sound to better balance. Because i listen a lot EDM, drum and bass etc...

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #2,415 of 17,967
I own shanling M8 with Halcyon, PB2, Semper.
everything i say is only about my opinion.

The M8 is a warmer DAP. His AK4499 dac is very resolving. It suits very well chilling music. because of its lower tonality. It brings very smooth, sweet, cozy sound. The semper is very resolving too and with M8, details on the lower end are spectacular. we can hear the breathing, the different tones etc ... I'm sorry, but I don't know how to express that. but it is very detailed. we hear the sound everywhere around us. we really feel in the music.

But as the M8 plays in the lower tonality, the kind of energitic music like EDM, drum and bass, electronic with fast basses are boring. M8 lacks energy. But chilling, liquid, soul jazz are magical with. And with the "warm" Semper, it brings more sweetness, soundstage etc...

i hope, next IMR line (Astra, Elysium, Elan) will bring more crisps, accurate and less warm sound to better balance. Because i listen a lot EDM, drum and bass etc...
Bob done PB2 with that tuning, if semper is too warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back