Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #1,786 of 17,962
I’m still burning PB2, and has same Opus Mia behavior.
Right now PB2 has 140h but isn’t ready to compete with Opus mia that has 250h and sounds better.
I chose pure silver cable for Opus mia, grey nozzles with green filters instead SPC+graphene cable for PB2 with black nozzles with green filters.
Also Volt and IT07 sounds better but I know IMR needs many many hours to grow up

Feb 8, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #1,787 of 17,962
R3 is a warmer thicker sounding IEM. It has more weight and density in the notes. Opus is lighter over all - similar detail levels on both but Opus are presented in a more open airy manner. R3 is a notably rich warm IEM. Opup is noticeably more balanced acros all frequencies - Both very good - depends on your set up which might be more set up. For exsmple I would not reccomend the R3 is you have a warm sounding DAP / Source

It's interesting to see how people perceive things differently: to me it's the opposite, with OM being "bassier" / more coloured than Halcyon (obviously using same nozzle on both).

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #1,788 of 17,962
It's interesting to see how people perceive things differently: to me it's the opposite, with OM being "bassier" / more coloured than Halcyon (obviously using same nozzle on both).
Ive been talking to Bob about Opus lately - the Opus should be airier and lighter
The R3 is tuned to have more thickness and warmth. The Opus low end should be clearer and more differentiated than R3's over all thick warm signature. Same with its Mids and highs. Also depends on other elements such as tips, cable, DAP, source material etc etc :)

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #1,789 of 17,962
Ive been talking to Bob about Opus lately - the Opus should be airier and lighter
The R3 is tuned to have more thickness and warmth. The Opus low end should be clearer and more differentiated than R3's over all thick warm signature. Same with its Mids and highs. Also depends on other elements such as tips, cable, DAP, source material etc etc :)

total agreement!
OM with right tips and cable is stunning 🤩

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #1,790 of 17,962

I agree the bass on the OM is somehow more precise, but to me it's also more pronounced, and that holds on all my sources: so if one wanted a more neutral experience, with a less prominent lower end, I would recommend Halcyon on grey nozzle. Then as you said, there are many other variables, last but not least our ears and brain :)

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #1,791 of 17,962
I agree the bass on the OM is somehow more precise, but to me it's also more pronounced, and that holds on all my sources: so if one wanted a more neutral experience, with a less prominent lower end, I would recommend Halcyon on grey nozzle. Then as you said, there are many other variables, last but not least our ears and brain :)
sure thing - Reminds me that its not always easy to find the perfect words to explain an aspect of sound one hears! Im struggling a bit myself to explain the difference. I would agree with more 'pronounced' but I think the bass is kind of 'more' on the R3 BUT by 'more' I mean thicker more liquid and that it is more integrgrated into the R3's signature as a whole where as oppose to the Opus the low end mids and highs have their own characteristics and have much more breathing space to express themselves. I would say that the Opus has a more mature sense of realism in terms of its integrated balance of all the frequencies but...it is subtle. If I went to grab the R3 I would be looking for a thicker more meaty sound where as if I plug in my Opus 'weight' is not what I would be doing it for.
Anyway - we all correct with what we hear - Just having fun pushing myself here trying to explain in more details how I personally perceive the differences

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #1,792 of 17,962
My IMR Aten with its new XINHS cable. I had to do some filing on the connectors, but now they sit securely in the socket.
I am quite surprised with how soft this cable is. It also has a pretty strong smell, unfortunately, but I expect that to go away with time.
I am extremely pleased with this seller's service.

IMG_20210210_132418.jpg

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #1,793 of 17,962
My IMR Aten with its new XINHS cable. I had to do some filing on the connectors, but now they sit securely in the socket.
I am quite surprised with how soft this cable is. It also has a pretty strong smell, unfortunately, but I expect that to go away with time.
I am extremely pleased with this seller's service.

IMG_20210210_132418.jpg
Where did you buy it?
SPC?

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #1,794 of 17,962
Feb 10, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #1,796 of 17,962
I have order it, but have to wait until China new year end for the sending. 😭
It looks good and sounds great with the EDP Still waiting for my RAHs to come back to give it go. He'll make an 8 Core if you ask.

IMG_20210210_112147.jpg

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #1,797 of 17,962
This graphene cable is so heavy that I think the 4-core option is more comfortable. I'm definitely grabbing one for my EDP after the Chinese holidays. As well as a thicker balanced cable for the MT300.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #1,798 of 17,962
Ahhh, forgot about Chinese holiday... :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,799 of 17,962
This graphene cable is so heavy that I think the 4-core option is more comfortable. I'm definitely grabbing one for my EDP after the Chinese holidays. As well as a thicker balanced cable for the MT300.
It's definitely comfortable and pliable .. and convenient for on the go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back