• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 10, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #1,818 of 18,013
Did you had to repair the EDP?

I'm looking for the Dunu cable because of the modular system but now I'm seeing it doesn't have recessed slots. What cables could you recommend?
Everything I tried from Nice HCK, Xin HS, CEMA has fit like a glove with IMRs. In fact all of those cable have fit with my fusions perfectly and with the IMRs (EDP & RAH) I had to use a nail file to trim the plastic part around the pins a little. Using the nail file on a pair clippers I give the plastic extension 10 strokes on the top, 10 bottom, 10 on either side until it fits. Doing like this gives a really tight fit in the IMR but leaves it working in the others. Which tells me the IMR fitment is a little off from other brands.

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #1,819 of 18,013
Feb 11, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #1,820 of 18,013
My IMR Aten with its new XINHS cable. I had to do some filing on the connectors, but now they sit securely in the socket.
I am quite surprised with how soft this cable is. It also has a pretty strong smell, unfortunately, but I expect that to go away with time.
I am extremely pleased with this seller's service.

Maybe you can put your new cable in your new case and they can de-stink together lol

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #1,821 of 18,013
Everything I tried from Nice HCK, Xin HS, CEMA has fit like a glove with IMRs. In fact all of those cable have fit with my fusions perfectly and with the IMRs (EDP & RAH) I had to use a nail file to trim the plastic part around the pins a little. Using the nail file on a pair clippers I give the plastic extension 10 strokes on the top, 10 bottom, 10 on either side until it fits. Doing like this gives a really tight fit in the IMR but leaves it working in the others. Which tells me the IMR fitment is a little off from other brands.

Thanks again. Yesterday I've found an old 10$ NiceHCK cable and actually it has a good fit. The cable is too soft and spongy but not bad.

Feb 11, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #1,822 of 18,013
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #1,823 of 18,013
I think there has been a less that perfect batch of cables - Im sending back an IEM to Bob to check something -
I'll include one of these loose fitting cables with it and mention how a few of us have experienced the same thing
(I slightly bent one of the pins to get a tight fit!) :D
We are a creative lot
EDIT: Ive a lot of IMR iem's and the only problem cables I had was some of the new 4.4mm ones. Can't be easy manufacturing to such precise fits with this kinda stuff though!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,824 of 18,013
Don't excuse faulty manufacturing. If Bob insists on using these damn proprietary socket shapes then it's his responsibility to ensure that his cables sit in them securely.
Because of my experiences with the EDP I don't even use the IMR cables. I immediately go to a third-party cable.

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,825 of 18,013
Calm down :) - we don't live in a God realm - we live in an ordinary world where nothing is ever perfect and its normal for things to go wrong
My point being - out of many cables from IMR I have only had a slight issue with the latest 4.4mm
I personally will not 'through the baby out with the bath water' because I find IMR cables to be superb and perfectly suited to the sonic characteristics of the IEM's. EDIT: if you do find better sounding cables though please let us know - Bit tricky though when you consider tips, filters, source all playing a part in what finally gets to our ears!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #1,826 of 18,013
I think there has been a less that perfect batch of cables - Im sending back an IEM to Bob to check something -
I'll include one of these loose fitting cables with it and mention how a few of us have experienced the same thing
(I slightly bent one of the pins to get a tight fit!) :D
We are a creative lot
EDIT: Ive a lot of IMR iem's and the only problem cables I had was some of the new 4.4mm ones. Can't be easy manufacturing to such precise fits with this kinda stuff though!

The new 4.4mm cable made my EDP and R3 right earpice to get loose. He's sending me new cables but probably I'll need to sent the units for repair. Strangely I have an old balanced NiceHCK cable that has a better fit.

Feb 12, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #1,827 of 18,013
The new 4.4mm cable made my EDP and R3 right earpice to get loose. He's sending me new cables but probably I'll need to sent the units for repair. Strangely I have an old balanced NiceHCK cable that has a better fit.
How did the cable make the 'earpiece get loose' - with mine it was not quite tight enough so occasionally the shell would fall off!
Was your cable the wrong shape or too big . . .?

Lets keep this all positive and get these reports to Bob :)

Of course I appreciate how these things are frustrating but Bob is great for support & i im sure if we can communicate our shared experiences it helps improve and stop such issues happening in the future

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,828 of 18,013
How did the cable make the 'earpiece get loose' - with mine it was not quite tight enough so occasionally the shell would fall off!
Was your cable the wrong shape or too big . . .?

Lets keep this all positive and get these reports to Bob :)

Of course I appreciate how these things are frustrating but Bob is great for support & i im sure if we can communicate our shared experiences it helps improve and stop such issues happening in the future

I have no idea because I had no problems with the 2.5mm or 3.5mm cables.

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #1,829 of 18,013
I have no idea because I had no problems with the 2.5mm or 3.5mm cables.
Do you mean that the inner female connection part inside the shells of your IEMs became loose ?

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #1,830 of 18,013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back