Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 3, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,411 of 18,041
To be honest I think most of us as adults are cut from our source. We can't even remember how it was to really feel deeply about something. Stuck in the mind we are at the mercy of out own thoughts. There's a way to transform , and make the journey from the mind to the heart and our real center. But that's an argument for another day and place .
:) We are on the same page but as you say can't really elaborate in this forum :wink: although . . .

Its a good point - we are maybe a little unique in this hobby in that we take the time to sit down, Stop and actually listen.
Modern society is increasingly getting worse at increasing distractions, busyness and stress. I think thats why music can be such a blessing, giving an occasional opportunity to get some degree of peace and single pointedness.
To add to my previous comment - The more peaceful, grounded, positive & 'good hearted' Im feeling the 'better' and more enjoyable music listening becomes. There is very much a dependant relationship between our minds and how we 'hear' and experience what we listen to
I would go so far as to say that IF I Really want to sit down and have a magical audiophile type of experience I first have to be in the right frame of mind.
There is no perfect sounding music 'out there' waiting for me to find it. How I experience music is entirely dependant upon the state of my mind.
Anyhoo, this is just what Ive found personally. Suffice it to say I find it very interesting the relationship between how and why I hear things the way I do. I can listen to the same music with the same IEMs one day and nothing - the next day with the same set up and Im blown away by the sound :D
That said IMR Iems are bloody brilliant ! :D

Jan 3, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,412 of 18,041
:) We are on the same page but as you say can't really elaborate in this forum :wink: although . . .

Its a good point - we are maybe a little unique in this hobby in that we take the time to sit down, Stop and actually listen.
Modern society is increasingly getting worse at increasing distractions, busyness and stress. I think thats why music can be such a blessing, giving an occasional opportunity to get some degree of peace and single pointedness.
To add to my previous comment - The more peaceful, grounded, positive & 'good hearted' Im feeling the 'better' and more enjoyable music listening becomes. There is very much a dependant relationship between our minds and how we 'hear' and experience what we listen to
I would go so far as to say that IF I Really want to sit down and have a magical audiophile type of experience I first have to be in the right frame of mind.
There is no perfect sounding music 'out there' waiting for me to find it. How I experience music is entirely dependant upon the state of my mind.
Anyhoo, this is just what Ive found personally. Suffice it to say I find it very interesting the relationship between how and why I hear things the way I do. I can listen to the same music with the same IEMs one day and nothing - the next day with the same set up and Im blown away by the sound :D
That said IMR Iems are bloody brilliant ! :D
Absolutely , music can be transcendental too.
You are right, some days I too can feel that no matter what I listen to or with whatever gear everything sounds sweet , other days nothing works. So the state of mind key.

Jan 3, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,413 of 18,041
@SabreToothBunny - Can certainly look into this tomorrow

I thought the questionnaire was for a planar / electrostatic / titanium driver combo - The question for the combo - and I would certainly need to ask this question is what would the relationship be, sonically speaking between the planar and the elecrostat? and would it be worth it? From what I can envision Im not convinced the titanium would bring anything unique or special to the mix. Bit like having 3 different types of cream in a bowl. Im wondering if they all would share a 'too' similar kind of creamy smooth-ness?

If there was anything new in play with the 5th generation Aten driver - Now THAT would excite me. That Aten driver is IMR's real jewel in the crown

Titanium DD, planar and electrostatic?....... Done, it's PB2 identikit........ LOL.

Jan 3, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,414 of 18,041
so... after getting mind effed by the kse 1200...

left the pb2 burning in at higher volumes yesterday, didnt went over the limit of the drivers of course, but well... just wanted to push a wee the driver, left it rest over night, today in morning saw the kse 1200 and totally said "i cannot look at you or ill end up homeless"

so, got the pb2 out of my imr box, changed tips (i used to use spiral dots with memory foam support) pluggeed them into my cayin n6ii/ e01.

well... (drum roll)

Primus - my name is mud: clean presentation, no spikes, no weirdness on the 8k area, just a tad murky around 1k/ 2k, but deffinitely a change.
bass has way more presence, though i noted that this ones doesnt do much change with open or closed ports, at the beggining i thought so

made a little burn in playlist with a ton of grunge and metal (mainly for the mids) lorn, and some gordian knot (we will miss you Sean...) for the bass to go over the limits, ill leave em tonight again but definitly theres a massive change, so as everybody said: let them burn for a couple of hours and let them rest. i can tell the bass is way more controlled and present, and the mids went to actually something understandable (believe me, they were a mesh of nonsense on the first 30 hours)

Jan 3, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #1,415 of 18,041
@AlexCBSN which tips, nozzles color and filter color are you using with PB2?

Jan 3, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #1,416 of 18,041
@AlexCBSN which tips, nozzles color and filter color are you using with PB2?
Went with deep mount m size and acoustune a08 m (this pair is a must for bass heads imo) tips and BLUE bottom/ gold top.
Cable is duw02 by dunu.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #1,417 of 18,041
I own AET07 and AET08 😉
I didn’t listen PB2 yet but on OM I like Azla Sedna earfit short.
Thank you for tour feedback!

Jan 3, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #1,418 of 18,041
I don't know it's Semper settling in or me letting go of the analytical and critical mind or a bit of both, but I am hearing wonderfully coherent and refined sound. It's so satisfying right now and I feel blessed listening to music. It's one of those moments like our friend said earlier that everything comes together.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #1,419 of 18,041
Did a road trip the other day, 600km - 8 hours drive, alone, wearing the OMs all the way. Most pleasurable drive in years, didn't even know when time had passed. No sealing issues for hours (spiral dots large), comfort is great for prolonged use. I ate, drank, spoke on the phone, yanked the cable numerous times - nothing stopped them. 8 hours of smooth sound and a scenic open road.. exactly what the doctor has ordered after a year in lockdown.
I had an Audi flagship with the B&O sound treatment and it never sounded so clear and true.. Thank you Bob & IMR, it has been a while since I enjoyed music like this!

PS. Very happy that the LG V30 (no hi-gain fooling) can drive these like a champ, I can even say that I marginally prefer it to the Mojo because the Sabre "hisses" more in the high region which is welcome given OM's smooth rendition (w/ pink base & gold nozzle).

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #1,420 of 18,041
Still looking for the perfect nozzle-filter combination for the Semper. I decided that red nozzle was too much bass after all and switched it around to silver to see how it does when the bass bloom is reduced while leaving the blue filter on to let those highs through unobstructed. I accidentally found a very good combination for metal. Not so much for other genres where some more bass adds warmth and euphonics, but that, I noticed, can be remedied with tip rolling to a degree. I'll probably bump the bass up to purple, judging by my early impressions, but I want to give it a few days to give my brain time to adapt.

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #1,421 of 18,041
After over 250 hours burn-in (closed back with Azla SednaEarFit (Light) Short tips), I have come to the realization that the gold upper is essential for my listening preference on PB2 especially to smooth out all/any strident treble peaks. With this, I found the silver lower bass filter to sound a bit lean while the red added a good bass impact but at the expense of some clarity. So currently back to purple/pink bass filter. All listening done so far on Cayin N6ii with E02 (balanced).

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #1,422 of 18,041
With all my [Well burnt in] IMR IEMS - I always end up with Purple (pink) and red or gold upper filters
(I am looking for the most balanced set up with nothing out of place or exaggerated)

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #1,423 of 18,041
I am confused , red and gold filters? Isn't gold for the least amount of treble and red is 3rd only less than blue and black.
Pairing with M15 I get the most balanced sound with silver/gold on OM and silver/pink on Semper , I am quite happy with this setup now.

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,424 of 18,041
I am confused , red and gold filters? Isn't gold for the least amount of treble and red is 3rd only less than blue and black.
Pairing with M15 I get the most balanced sound with silver/gold on OM and silver/pink on Semper , I am quite happy with this setup now.

Wellll.... The filters don't change BUT the tuning and sound signatures of each IMR is different so it doesn't always make sense o_0
All I can tell you is [with my current set up] I usually end up with - pink or sometimes red bottom and gold sometimes red tops
To add - I always use NewBee foam tips and run 4.4 balanced
I only ever use dedicated DAP's and / or headphone amps
Also Im only listening to well mastered Hi Res / DSD audio - all these things are part of the synergy that works for me

Jan 4, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,425 of 18,041
You are absolutely right . I forgot I am doing the same thing with OM and Semper ,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back