Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 1, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #1,381 of 17,876
I owned a set of KSE1200s but sold them. They were just too good. I ended up not using them for regular listening because once I started listening with them, I couldn't do anything else. They just drag you in and you start to do nothing but listen to them. Not only did that mean that ones attention was completely on them, but I also found that I was listening to them more than to the music. As others have said, they are very expensive and having that much money tied up in something that I didn't use all the time was not sensible. I have also made the decision that I want to go back to listening to the music and enjoying the music for itself and be less bothered about the mechanism that is bringing it to me.
Since this is an IMR thread I’ll just say one last thing about the KSE1200. My first impression of them were that they were so intense with all the details right in your face. Instruments never sounded so real. It just made music, very musical.

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #1,383 of 17,876
Since this is an IMR thread I’ll just say one last thing about the KSE1200. My first impression of them were that they were so intense with all the details right in your face. Instruments never sounded so real. It just made music, very musical.
Is the KSE1200 very lacking in bass as compared to IMR iems?

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #1,384 of 17,876
Is the KSE1200 very lacking in bass as compared to IMR iems?
IMR are known for the visceral bass. The KSE have a good amount in both quantity and quality, but nothing like IMR in general.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #1,385 of 17,876
Over 200 hours of burn-in on PB2. I am immensely enjoying the sound signature with the Pink/Purple lower bass filter with the Black Pink/Purple upper. Airiness with no peaky treble spikes and the bass has been reined in a bit but perfectly suits my preference. Looks like the the PB2 is staying in my collection.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,386 of 17,876
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #1,388 of 17,876
It proves again music is really personal, kse1200 to me has little meat and too clinical, semper is much fuller and more enjoyable to listen to :ksc75smile: similarly i prefer my LCD than the STAX, a personal thing for sure, just glad we are all enjoying our gears! It's just so addictive and makes one wanna keep buying and trying new stuff...

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #1,389 of 17,876
It proves again music is really personal, kse1200 to me has little meat and too clinical, semper is much fuller and more enjoyable to listen to :ksc75smile: similarly i prefer my LCD than the STAX, a personal thing for sure, just glad we are all enjoying our gears! It's just so addictive and makes one wanna keep buying and trying new stuff...
It's good to know. So we never take a comment for absolute truth. When someone says something is absolutely better than the other. Even in different price brackets IMO.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #1,390 of 17,876
You have the UM3DT? Is it comparable to the Semper in terms of bass and tonal balance?

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,391 of 17,876
You have the UM3DT? Is it comparable to the Semper in terms of bass and tonal balance?
Well, to me the um3dt is a different tier product, superb performance for its price range, very easy to listen to, good bass good mids and good treble, not top tier in resolution yet very relaxing and musical. The bass is tight with thump but not authoritative like semper, not as full, yet a must have for dd lover, like myself :ksc75smile:
The jomo trinity ss was my love, it sounds superb after hundreds of hours burn-in, but i would now only wear them when i am on the road as they are better only in wearability, yes, i love the semper! Perhaps cos i am not mucg a soundstage person, and never listen to classicals. I can see how there are other better alternatives to semper, if one listens to classicals.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #1,392 of 17,876
Musical and relaxing , that's what I need. :).
And I love DD natural timbre. Dunu Zen is also getting good reviews , lots of intriguing options these days. I am looking for something for outside use with better and more secure fit than IMR models . But for home I'm quite happy with them.
Thanks for your impressions.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #1,393 of 17,876
Btw, besides the um3dt, there's another dd iem which i highly recommend, at us$130, this nfaudio nm2+ is an absolutely bargain. I found them way way too hot on the treble when i first got them, but they sound really really nice after hundreds of hours burn in. I dont have many earphones but i rarely sold them, and given the burn in, many of them simply shine. It's amazing how cheap and good many of them are nowadays, lucky us! I am now eyeing this PMV PP, a planar iem less than us$100, so many options out there! Hope IMR will soon have new toys coming out to keep this thread going.

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #1,394 of 17,876
Musical and relaxing , that's what I need. :).
And I love DD natural timbre. Dunu Zen is also getting good reviews , lots of intriguing options these days. I am looking for something for outside use with better and more secure fit than IMR models . But for home I'm quite happy with them.
Thanks for your impressions.:thumbsup:
Dunu zen, another single dd that's drawing a lot of attention, it seems like the single dd iem becomes a recent mainstream, so many of them that receive great reviews, the hype of single dd seems to have started since the faudio major, and admittingly, dd has taken a huge step foward, rarely there's a dd iem that sounds like the traditional dd i remember...

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #1,395 of 17,876
Btw, besides the um3dt, there's another dd iem which i highly recommend, at us$130, this nfaudio nm2+ is an absolutely bargain. I found them way way too hot on the treble when i first got them, but they sound really really nice after hundreds of hours burn in. I dont have many earphones but i rarely sold them, and given the burn in, many of them simply shine. It's amazing how cheap and good many of them are nowadays, lucky us! I am now eyeing this PMV PP, a planar iem less than us$100, so many options out there! Hope IMR will soon have new toys coming out to keep this thread going.
Yeah , based on impressions I am not quite sure nm2+ is to my preference tonality wise. I like warmer SS. If IMR makes an IEM with resin shells or at least with more of a secure fit I'll love to buy one. A single dynamic IEM would be awesome too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back