Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 17, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,096 of 17,973
Really nice to see some good impressions as mine is stock with the Royal Mail for the moment.
Both my EDP and RAH showed me a status of stuck at Royal Mail LHWDC for a couple of weeks and then they just showed up in my mail box with no status update. The RAHs were shipped a year ago this time in December and took 3 weeks because of Christmas volume. The EDPs were here in 10 days. Both had non updating tracking numbers. Hang in there.... It's Christmas and shipping volumes are larger than ever with less carrier capacity. (I was Global Account Director of DHL & Kuehne & Naglel based in Hong Kong for years, normally volume increases against fixed capacity. This year volume has increased above normal increases against shrinking capacity)

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,097 of 17,973
Both my EDP and RAH showed me a status of stuck at Royal Mail LHWDC for a couple of weeks and then they just showed up in my mail box with no status update. The RAHs were shipped a year ago this time in December and took 3 weeks because of Christmas volume. The EDPs were here in 10 days. Both had non updating tracking numbers. Hang in there.... It's Christmas and shipping volumes are larger than ever.
Good to know, thank you for the heads up.

Dec 17, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,098 of 17,973
My impressions is little bad so far on the Semper.

With right setup, the subbass is nice high shelved but not too high. And the rest of the presentation has great slam.

too soft presence in upper mids and lower treble; voices are soft.

Treble has a robotics resonance and simbilance it. When you get a deep fit it is reduced alot and still there, but it is a matter of taste at that point and not a fault.....custom iems of these would be nice. I would still eq to lower the 8kHz spike area to my taste.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #1,099 of 17,973
My impressions is overall bad so far on the Semper.

With right setup, the subbass is nice high shelved but not too high. And the rest of the presentation has great slam.

too soft presence in upper mids and lower treble; voices are soft.

Treble has a robotics resonance and simbilance it. When you get a deep fit it is reduced, but still there.....custom iems of these would be nice.
Indeed. This is the wierdest experience I had with iems. Now is about 110hrs of burn in, the sibilance and robotic treble is somehow gone. The vocal also become more forward. Not sure what will happen soon. I will let it run to about 250hrs and make a decision if I want to keep them. I'm using the purple/gold filter setup. Have been comparing this with unique melody MEST and planning to keep only one of them. The MEST has a much better fit and seal for me. Offhand this Semper has the potential to sound better than many top tier full-size headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #1,100 of 17,973
It's here! So, I listened for 10 minutes just to celebrate and then dropped it in to burrrrnnnn...

So, my 10 minutes told me that
  • The bass was kinda ridiculous; I've never had any inclination to pull back on low end before... I'll need to with Semper.
  • The mids were more recessed than on the EDP; I am hoping they come forward
  • High end was clear--no sibilance
  • Wide soundstage; very nice
  • Overall, a little flat; this, I expect to be remedied by burn in
I sense a lot of potential, some realized, some, well, potential. Hope things go as planned...

Would love to hear anyone's experience with 200+ burn in!

Happy Christmas,

Chris P B

Dec 18, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #1,103 of 17,973
Both my EDP and RAH showed me a status of stuck at Royal Mail LHWDC for a couple of weeks and then they just showed up in my mail box with no status update. The RAHs were shipped a year ago this time in December and took 3 weeks because of Christmas volume. The EDPs were here in 10 days. Both had non updating tracking numbers. Hang in there.... It's Christmas and shipping volumes are larger than ever with less carrier capacity. (I was Global Account Director of DHL & Kuehne & Naglel based in Hong Kong for years, so I know how this works)

Mine still showed : Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference RNXXXXXXXXXGB . Please try again tomorrow

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #1,105 of 17,973
For Semper, I suspect the planar needs alot power to perform. Let's just talk about vocals alone what happened is on the UM Mest it takes only 45% volume to sound the same as the Semper at 60% , At 60% volume the vocals sounded fuller then the MEST. However the bass is too much and mask away some details, even when using the pink lower filter. I will need to try out the silver filter when the replacement ones arrive.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #1,106 of 17,973
Mine still showed : Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference RNXXXXXXXXXGB . Please try again tomorrow
Yeah, better arm yourself with patience. Mine still hasn't left the UK.

Dec 18, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #1,108 of 17,973
You use Semper with pink/pink?
Right now is Pink/gold. So far the sibilance is more of less gone. Semper is very sensitive to source. Alot of difference in listening directly from iPad and from a DAC.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #1,109 of 17,973
I already have the PB2 in my possession. That blue color is beautiful ... and they scare just to see how fat they are ... you think, how are they going to hold in your ears ... They do it, they do it ...

This time, I have not risked normal shipping, when ordering this Wednesday afternoon ... DHL express, 24 hours at home. 22 pounds more, but to be sure, it's all collapsed.

I start with black / black and Spiral dots so that they open up .. 8)

They are the IMR that I have needed more volume to move ... I understand that being Planars, they need that energy of, more, although I don't think I remember needing the same volume for the PB1 ...

We will see if there is so much Burn in to do ... but to begin with, FOR NOTHING, they are excessive with the Black / Black, when with his brothers, he changed them ipso facto ... something new these PB2 have that we will have to discover

And to sound bad at first, well, they don't really sound bad at all .. :)

Pictures ..

IMG_20201218_133222.jpgIMG_20201218_133718.jpgIMG_20201218_133132.jpgIMG_20201218_134435.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #1,110 of 17,973
I already have the PB2 in my possession. That blue color is beautiful ... and they scare just to see how fat they are ... you think, how are they going to hold in your ears ... They do it, they do it ...

This time, I have not risked normal shipping, when ordering this Wednesday afternoon ... DHL express, 24 hours at home. 22 pounds more, but to be sure, it's all collapsed.

I start with black / black and Spiral dots so that they open up .. 8)

They are the IMR that I have needed more volume to move ... I understand that being Planares, they need that energy of, more, although I don't think I remember needing the same volume for the PB1 ...

We will see if there is so much Burn in to do ... but to begin with, FOR NOTHING, they are excessive with the Black / Black, when with his brothers, he changed them ipso facto ... something new these PB2 have that we will have to discover

And to sound bad at first, well, they don't really sound bad at all .. :)

Pictures ..

IMG_20201218_133222.jpgIMG_20201218_133718.jpgIMG_20201218_133132.jpgIMG_20201218_134435.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco
How does the bass, mids and highs sounded out of the box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back