Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 16, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #1,066 of 18,089
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #1,068 of 18,089
I couldn't locate the return policy in the website. In anycase if I still doesn't like the Semper was wondering what's the deadline to return or if it's possible to change to a PB2.
30 Days - oops @lgcubana beat me to it. sorry for the dupl.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #1,071 of 18,089
Mine fit similar-ish, i couldnt get them to sit deep enough into my concha without pain and the tip was the problem sort of, due to the stem angle not being the correct angle. I bought the Soundpeats H1 which came with Comply Truegrip Pro foam tips. TWS tend to have shorter length tips and with using that foam tip plus removing the silicone rings on the nozzle and filter i can get it closer to my concha and with no pain because im not reaching an angle in my ear canal, it just sits there nicely, whirlwinds will do the same job in being a short length but for me the web supports dont allow enough to conform to my ears and im inbetween sizes in those of small and medium. This pulls the cable closer and then with the Opus Mia my cable came up too high as in your picture so i used a spare OG style cable as the connector is shorter and i also heated up the ear guide to reform it tighter. Also used a cable with no guide all to get the fit tighter.

Needs must and i am now back to black nozzle and trying blue filter. So versatile this semper.

not sure if this helps or applies to what your referring to, but I do this, https://www.head-fi.org/threads/o-ring-mod-for-imrs-iems.944337/#post-15910689 it's an O ring mod that I've posted prior, it's to help extend the tips to get some better penetration, I got them at the hardware store, the mod works pretty good for me, it made all the difference in the world with getting and keeping a good seal, and to not loose any of the nuance of the music, a poor seal = poor sounding music,

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #1,072 of 18,089
not sure if this helps or applies to what your referring to, but I do this, https://www.head-fi.org/threads/o-ring-mod-for-imrs-iems.944337/#post-15910689 it's an O ring mod that I've posted prior, it's to help extend the tips to get some better penetration, I got them at the hardware store, the mod works pretty good for me, it made all the difference in the world with getting and keeping a good seal, and to not loose any of the nuance of the music, a poor seal = poor sounding music,

that isn't my issue lol and literally the thing I'm trying to get away from, I even remove all O rings to reduce the length as they go too deep.

Dec 16, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #1,073 of 18,089
lol, yea I was kind of thinking that it was the opposite 🙃, sort like looking at an Escher picture, so in your case that is what not to do,

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #1,074 of 18,089
Bob has delivered the special one I (or we) been waiting for. A worthwhile months of waiting and thanks to him that he didn’t give up on Semper. A man with passion in his work, his technical and hearing abilities in delivering what he embarks to accomplish- an IEM that’s finally filled my glasses.

Semper, out of the box sounds very much mature than than the previous. I feel like it’s already been baked. No harshness nor peaky tone but clear sounding silky flow of music to my ears. A very well tuned balance signature across the audio spectrum giving us the joy without patent technologies or crossovers to milk our wallets.

Simple man simple implementation. Music flows and lingers at the background with excellent height and depth at the upper freq range. It’s a Slayer not Semper.

Got to give the man a beer!

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #1,075 of 18,089
I see, that explains the difference. :)

I recv Bob’s email on 7 Dec. And within 24hrs, updates in RN dispatch journey. Normally it will takes about 10 days to be delivered to my address.
My second parcel already in SG and in the mail processing center likely to be in today or tomorrow.
Reckon if you yet to get any update at RN, good to consult Bob.

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,076 of 18,089
Bob has delivered the special one I (or we) been waiting for. A worthwhile months of waiting and thanks to him that he didn’t give up on Semper. A man with passion in his work, his technical and hearing abilities in delivering what he embarks to accomplish- an IEM that’s finally filled my glasses.

Semper, out of the box sounds very much mature than than the previous. I feel like it’s already been baked. No harshness nor peaky tone but clear sounding silky flow of music to my ears. A very well tuned balance signature across the audio spectrum giving us the joy without patent technologies or crossovers to milk our wallets.

Simple man simple implementation. Music flows and lingers at the background with excellent height and depth at the upper freq range. It’s a Slayer not Semper.

Got to give the man a beer!
I for one, surely would like to see his version of a fully crossedover, multi-driver unit...

I am sure it would be a boss!!

Dec 17, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #1,078 of 18,089
Burning in the semper hung on the light pn the left while having a cup of coffee enjoying the LCD3. Life is good:o2smile:
My semper is in its 80hrs, i hear a difference everyday, not particularly better or worse, followed the advice on the pinkpink and seem to like it better than redpink. The semper slams hard indeed, and perhaps i listen to many cantonese and mandarin pops which are more focus on vocal, and the semper sounds very nice. If anything, i hope the soundstage could go wider after burn-in. In general, i am very happy with the purchase, a pair of iem i will keep. Btw, without saying any sound improvement on cable, the stock cable simply has too big an ear loop, which cannot sit close to the ears unless one pulls the cable slider up to touching the bottom of the chin to force it down, making it feel uncomfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_20201217_163446.jpg
    IMG_20201217_163446.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #1,079 of 18,089
Can we request a method for a deeper fit?

Like with longer filters?

Because as is I can't get past the simbilance resonance with tip rolling... other than with memory foam tips.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #1,080 of 18,089
Burning in the semper hung on the light pn the left while having a cup of coffee enjoying the LCD3. Life is good:o2smile:
My semper is in its 80hrs, i hear a difference everyday, not particularly better or worse, followed the advice on the pinkpink and seem to like it better than redpink. The semper slams hard indeed, and perhaps i listen to many cantonese and mandarin pops which are more focus on vocal, and the semper sounds very nice. If anything, i hope the soundstage could go wider after burn-in. In general, i am very happy with the purchase, a pair of iem i will keep. Btw, without saying any sound improvement on cable, the stock cable simply has too big an ear loop, which cannot sit close to the ears unless one pulls the cable slider up to touching the bottom of the chin to force it down, making it feel uncomfortable.
Gotta supplement, just plugged the semper into the same source as the LCD3, the soundstage is superb, its my burn-in gear ap80pross the reason for the compromised sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back