Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 16, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,051 of 18,105
@monsieurfromag3 I have today moved onto silver nozzle and left the pink filter on. The bass was becoming too mid bassy boomy, losing its snap but this is just still the time to feel the burn. I think Bob saw we said most nozzles to reduce the bass are not needed and said hold my beer lol.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #1,052 of 18,105
Thanks, pink/pink seems way better. Especially, less subbass, more bass slam and mids more in focus.

Pink/Pink is a very good starting point for Eqing with the Qudelix 5k. I still need to reduce the the simbilance by using deep inserting tips. I can raise the treble beyond 8kHz with a high shelf which is fun and doesn't sound off.

These sound like the same sound signature IMR Rah. The new bass driver does give more slam though. But this is big diminishing returns price wise. You can probably use the AutoEQ generated pEQ for the Rah on these.

I can't tell if the electrets did anything beyond add simbilance that is tied to needing a deep fit. Unless it is the new aten driver. Or it could be the new design of the metal body causing it.

Still, I need more time with these.

Edit: Yeah, the AutoEQ preset for the Rahs bass and mid bands, are very applicable on these. Further more so, I would recommend it. bass to taste. but for mids raise 1971Hz and 3758Hz band. And lowering 8kHz spike.

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_204642.jpg
    IMG_20201220_204642.jpg
    943.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #1,053 of 18,105
The Semper was abit underwhelming when I listen to it straight out, bass was boomy, boxy and muffled. The mids was very recessed and highs was unnatural. After about 7hours burn in it sounded much better and even better after changed to the open port. Hopefully it will be even better after further burn in. This is the first time I encounter big differences after burn in.
I believe this is due to the fact that IMR wants to keep the costs low, so rather than taking the costly time to pre-burn in their earphones at the factory and delays in getting the consumer their product, they opt to push this task onto the consumer in exchange for lower prices and faster delivery.

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #1,054 of 18,105
Jazz, Voice / Singing, etc..
So pretty much any type of music except most electronic music (not counting quality Ambient/Drone that are well mixed for the genre) and crappy recorded punk/trash/heavy type Rock music. But for Doom and Kraut, even math/guitar heavy rock, Ilike my mids present. Disclaimer: IMO!
wonder how jazz and acoustic versions of the tracks will sound, thanks

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #1,056 of 18,105
(Pss

I will not say anything to this, I will not say anything to this, I will not say anything to this......
Just use the forum's built-in adblock feature.

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #1,057 of 18,105
How they look when on.

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_214254.jpg
    IMG_20201216_214254.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201216_214246.jpg
    IMG_20201216_214246.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201216_214300.jpg
    IMG_20201216_214300.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,058 of 18,105
How they look when on.

Mine fit similar-ish, i couldnt get them to sit deep enough into my concha without pain and the tip was the problem sort of, due to the stem angle not being the correct angle. I bought the Soundpeats H1 which came with Comply Truegrip Pro foam tips. TWS tend to have shorter length tips and with using that foam tip plus removing the silicone rings on the nozzle and filter i can get it closer to my concha and with no pain because im not reaching an angle in my ear canal, it just sits there nicely, whirlwinds will do the same job in being a short length but for me the web supports dont allow enough to conform to my ears and im inbetween sizes in those of small and medium. This pulls the cable closer and then with the Opus Mia my cable came up too high as in your picture so i used a spare OG style cable as the connector is shorter and i also heated up the ear guide to reform it tighter. Also used a cable with no guide all to get the fit tighter.

I have today moved onto silver nozzle and left the pink filter on.

Needs must and i am now back to black nozzle and trying blue filter. So versatile this semper.

Dec 16, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #1,059 of 18,105
So, I got the Opus Mia, and tried several filters...but honestly, nothing satisfied me. Purple nozzle with Purple/Blue/Gold/Green filters - too much bass, too smooth mids and highs. Silver/Gold combination with closed back filter tamed down the bass much but still retained the punch somewhat, but the smoothness of the midrange was too much. Polished off to flat almost. Same with the highs - notes were ok, not unnatural, but too smooth again - almost getting lost sometimes.
Same.
As I have and enjoy the Aten 2 and the Aten Red, I figured the O.M. would be an upgrade or variation to my RAH. It's ironic, that it's the new Aten driver that I had issue with. I found the Opus Mia mid-bass to be out of proportion; I tried several nozzles with the blue acoustic damper and did a 200 hr. break in. Unfortunately all of my swapping nozzles, cables and additional break in time took me beyond the standard return period. Bob graciously extended my return window.

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,060 of 18,105
I completely forget I am testing, and end up playing each song to the end :yum:
Detail is crazy, I am hearing the volume of passing storms and the owls singing in my ear like I never did in 25 years on Type O Negative’s Black No.1 :owl::owl:
We’re in kilobuck territory indeed. And my source is not a detail monster, it’s Cayin’s new $500 tube DAP (out of the tube output, naturally). And foam tips. And I left the open ports on, which diffuse detail a little bit.
They excel at those and classical.
Excellent. Those are money on the EDP, so I can't wait to hear the Semper renditions with the next gen drivers and electrets.

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #1,063 of 18,105
Dec 16, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #1,065 of 18,105
I couldn't locate the return policy in the website. In anycase if I still doesn't like the Semper was wondering what's the deadline to return or if it's possible to change to a PB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back