Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 9, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #1,471 of 18,037
Have you tried using short-stemmed and/or smaller than usual eartips for deeper insertion? I found that it helps a lot with the Semper's fit.

For OM I find that bigger tips work better. The big size and shape of the shell makes it difficult for deep insertion, but sits nicely and level with the ears when using larger tips. M's are usually my size but for R2 Aten M-L worked best and now for OM it's L size tips that do the trick. The seal is great, lasts for hours with no readjusting & I can talk & chew food and it still won't break.
Pink/Gold with Spiral Dots L.

I put all other IEMs aside and am only using the OMs nowadays, I want to go back to the days when I used to enjoy music and think less about the technical aspect or the age old question "how would this sound on X+Y equipment".

Jan 9, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #1,472 of 18,037
My semper s..t..a..y...

IMR IEMs seem to express Hans Zimmer well.:L3000:

20210109_202730.jpg

Jan 9, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,473 of 18,037
So yesterday I received the Mest . Right from the few first songs I was floored by the SQ. Unbelievable soundstage, layering, separation and all that. I couldn't even look at my Semper OM. Directly comparing Semper and Mest ,the most obvious difference is the stage width. Much wider on the Mest .Layering is better too , maybe. Mest has more clarity too , but that I think is FR related. But after the excitement wore off I began to realise the Semper is more tonally correct. It has perfect tonality IMO. The bass is more engaging on Semper, and electric guitar sound much sweeter too. I get bored listening to Mest. The vocals sound right on Semper with more emotions and is just more emotionally engaging for me. Same goes for OM. There is a special sauce in there.

Edit: with the open ports the soundstage is closer between the two to be fair.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #1,475 of 18,037
I found today that the Semper is incompatible with my desktop dac/amp (Aune S6). I connected it, played a song, and what I heard was so awful that for a moment I thought I hit that moment in IMR burn-in where the earphone sounds bad. I even got scared that it broke. The sound was flat, everything was so lifeless.
I connected it to the BTR5: everything's fine. (What a relief!)
I don't know what the reason for this was. I'm guessing the output impedance on the S6 may be too high, but I couldn't find a definite value online.
I'll be sticking to the BTR5 and Shanling M6 from now on.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #1,478 of 18,037
@Mehran

I enjoyed reading it.

What color did you use for nozzle and filter?
Thank you 😊.
I'm using silver/red with my Semper.
OM and Semper have this ability to somehow highlight individual instrument and vocals in better recorded songs like no other IEM I have heard. I get more the feeling of listening to music in the studio with artists or in a concert. The black background I feel helps a lot, I don't know. With other IEMs I hear more a produced track and not the realistic feeling.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,481 of 18,037
Hmm... surprising to see RAH & PB One in stock:thinking:
Out of excitement i took out my pb1 for a walk

This iem has some sorcery in ‘em, they are just RIGHT, like... bass is velvety, detailed, lush, mids are so comfy, you can tell when a band had budget for the recording (Metallica - Black album, damn those guitars, i feel like I’m 13 again, listening it for the first time) the treble at the beginning was non existent, now I’m on blue filter enjoying some of the most life like cymbals ever. I really love this pair, again, if anyone can get a pair, it might not be the greatest iem, but it has that “i cant get it off my ears” effect. Tbh, i don’t think there’s a miracle iem, after testing the kse1200 I’m off buying anymore unless its something that i find super interesting, my imr iems are more than enough until bob announces something else (I’m a collector of his gear) and my ier z1r.

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,482 of 18,037
Out of excitement i took out my pb1 for a walk

This iem has some sorcery in ‘em, they are just RIGHT, like... bass is velvety, detailed, lush, mids are so comfy

I second this motion, grey nozzle with blue de-meshed filter and comply truegrip pro short TWS tips and it is heavenly.

Jan 10, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,484 of 18,037
Since we're sharing music... and I'm discovering it anew on the Semper myself.

With silver bottom and blue top, it is a great IEM for metal. And not just music-wise. It does an excellent job in conveying the vocalist's emotions.

Jan 10, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,485 of 18,037
I'm listening to some electro-swing, Parov Stelar. There's this song, Hotel Axos, that I've known for years and have listened to on all my gear, but this is the first time I am hearing so many details.. there are echoes and beats in the background which are clearly audible on the OMs even from an LG V30 but couldn't hear on an upgraded desktop Burson Conductor and the LCD3's from Audeze. Thought maybe I am playing it from a different compilation and it's mastered differently but no, same details are present on all 3 "versions" of the song I have, only on the OMs. Outstanding work IMR, way to give the more expensive gear a run for it's money!
Very.. "educated" and refined sound. I wonder, if OMs sound like this how does Semper sound like? Could it really be much better?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back