Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 8, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #1,456 of 18,070
I'm definitely in love with Semper. Very emotional IEM. Listening to Ella Fitzgerald on them makes me almost cry

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,459 of 18,070
My Sempr is still burning. They will be at 96hrs tonight.

Gave a short listen last night, not impressed....
In addition to driver burn-in, you need to do some brain burn-in, too. If you come to the Semper from another unit, especially one which you know very well, the Semper (and by extension any other earphone or headphone) will sound off to you. Allow your hearing and brain to adapt to it. Start with the pink/pink nozzle/filter combo since it's pretty neutral.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #1,461 of 18,070
In addition to driver burn-in, you need to do some brain burn-in, too. If you come to the Semper from another unit, especially one which you know very well, the Semper (and by extension any other earphone or headphone) will sound off to you. Allow your hearing and brain to adapt to it. Start with the pink/pink nozzle/filter combo since it's pretty neutral.
Gotcha!!

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #1,462 of 18,070
I love the overall SQ of Semper and it would be an exceptional product if the fitting is similar to OM- Listening session for me on Semper is not as prolong as its siblings.

Wearing Semper in an awkward manner at a protruding angle for the optimum SQ with the biggest soundstage at times tends to disrupt continuity in listening and enjoyment with readjustment is certainly not ideal to any music lovers.

Without the filter segment, it sits quite perfectly in my concha. But the SS is way too aggressive for my old ears. Bob may needs to case study and rework his shell for better fitting on his new implementation if there is one in the pipeline.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #1,463 of 18,070
I went from black/black ( to help the burn process) to purple/purple. The purple along with going from closed to open port, gave a more detailed presentation.

However, it's just crazy to me that he would make the 2 pin sockets so recessed that I can't use any of my good cables! The disappointment!

You may need to use a small file to file the four coners of the 2 pin plug so that it is able to slot nicely into the slightly rounded socket.

Jan 9, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #1,469 of 18,070
Over 350 hours on PB2 and I find that the sound has completely settled (since after around 300 hrs). Switched to EA Eros Hybrid II cable, purple bass filter with green upper filter, Azla Sedna Earfits and closed back - this is my final setting of choice after hours of listening and tons of tinkering going back and forth with various filters! I must say that the PB2s are exquisite sounding :ksc75smile: with any genre of music I throw at it. It has been a long journey with this particular pair of IMRs but patience has been rewarded...extremely satisfied. Thanks Bob!

Jan 9, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,470 of 18,070
I love the overall SQ of Semper and it would be an exceptional product if the fitting is similar to OM- Listening session for me on Semper is not as prolong as its siblings.

Wearing Semper in an awkward manner at a protruding angle for the optimum SQ with the biggest soundstage at times tends to disrupt continuity in listening and enjoyment with readjustment is certainly not ideal to any music lovers.

Without the filter segment, it sits quite perfectly in my concha. But the SS is way too aggressive for my old ears. Bob may needs to case study and rework his shell for better fitting on his new implementation if there is one in the pipeline.
Have you tried using short-stemmed and/or smaller than usual eartips for deeper insertion? I found that it helps a lot with the Semper's fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back