Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #13,291 of 18,067
Call me crazy but I've jumped on the Enigma my only issue being it's rather dull colour design wish it was a purple or red shell something more flamboyant to reflect it's exotic driver combinations.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #13,292 of 18,067
Call me crazy but I've jumped on the Enigma my only issue being it's rather dull colour design wish it was a purple or red shell something more flamboyant to reflect it's exotic driver combinations.

Okay, you're crazy.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #13,293 of 18,067
After a few months with the Seraph+ nicely burned in I've been in audio heaven with these & the E+.

Stand by what I said before about S+ being the closest I've heard in an IEM to electrostatic headphones. These hit you with resolution same as good electrostat over ears. Not just detail & clarity but you can hear you are listening to an extremely fast driver. Not heard anything like this mems driver in an IEM.

As much as I love estats always wondered what my Stax would sound like with a dd adding some thump. The mems estat qualities with the cnt adlc is a great combo. Add 2 estats & I haven't heard a wider sound in an IEM. I've never been a massive fan of IEM estats for the reason they don't sound like estat headphones but they can add cavernous stage.

Everything is on point with them and plenty of wow moments when you are aware of the scale & quality of what you're hearing.

They need power. I run them on high gain from 300MAX which is pretty crazy & I'm sure they would take more power if I had it.

Very tempted by this new AMT IMR. The E+ & S+ are the best IMRs I've heard & think these have the potential be better. From stuff I read ages ago amt drivers may be more comparable to estats than mems drivers so I'm interested to hear what Bob does with them. I Imagine he has been playing with the AMTs since the Stingray project a while ago now. Also really like the shells and fit of these new IMRs.

Expensive for sure though. The £1800 price reduces to £1200 with 30% discount but then goes up to over £1500 with vat. Decently priced compared to other AMT IEMs & less than S+ but still a lot of money.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #13,294 of 18,067
After a few months with the Seraph+ nicely burned in I've been in audio heaven with these & the E+.

Stand by what I said before about S+ being the closest I've heard in an IEM to electrostatic headphones. These hit you with resolution same as good electrostat over ears. Not just detail & clarity but you can hear you are listening to an extremely fast driver. Not heard anything like this mems driver in an IEM.

As much as I love estats always wondered what my Stax would sound like with a dd adding some thump. The mems estat qualities with the cnt adlc is a great combo. Add 2 estats & I haven't heard a wider sound in an IEM. I've never been a massive fan of IEM estats for the reason they don't sound like estat headphones but they can add cavernous stage.

Everything is on point with them and plenty of wow moments when you are aware of the scale & quality of what you're hearing.

They need power. I run them on high gain from 300MAX which is pretty crazy & I'm sure they would take more power if I had it.

Very tempted by this new AMT IMR. The E+ & S+ are the best IMRs I've heard & think these have the potential be better. From stuff I read ages ago amt drivers may be more comparable to estats than mems drivers so I'm interested to hear what Bob does with them. I Imagine he has been playing with the AMTs since the Stingray project a while ago now. Also really like the shells and fit of these new IMRs.

Expensive for sure though. The £1800 price reduces to £1200 with 30% discount but then goes up to over £1500 with vat. Decently priced compared to other AMT IEMs & less than S+ but still a lot of money.
Could you please describe the sound of E+?

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #13,295 of 18,067
Fair play
I did read all that when mem’s was first talked about but i cant remember the mention on piezo lol
I did wonder this myself as it has slightly different wording on S+ & Enigma pages.
Yes not a huge fan of the colour design either. Think the E+ & Titan look the best of the new models.

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #13,296 of 18,067

Litera combo i have been waiting for, black shell, white bar, red screws. Perfection.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #13,300 of 18,067
Thats a lie
I bought the avalons from imr site ( flagship at the time) and so many dm were sold at a silly price considering there msrp and they were suppose to b flagship

Avalon was the totl at that time but not DM
(and...yes I bought one at that silly price...)

you could never see Avalon, Semper, Astra Ultraque or Elysium being sold as B-stock or pre-owned

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #13,301 of 18,067
Avalon was the totl at that time but not DM
(and...yes I bought one at that silly price...)

you could never see Avalon, Semper, Astra Ultraque or Elysium being sold as B-stock or pre-owned
One TITAN was on the ebay store it was £1500 used.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #13,302 of 18,067
Jun 29, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #13,305 of 18,067
I always dismissed the gold top filters (and green) thinking for the best treble it was either blue or black but paired with blue lowers it's one of the most coherent combinations I've tried yet on Seraph.
Lol I'm pretty sure that nobody knows how the filter colors work with each other. For example, you can't just switch top filters from green to blue and expect "better" treble. The FR changes, the bass changes, the tonality changes. You really need to go through almost all the filter combinations if you are truly looking for the best sound for your ears.

I use gold lower and red upper on ACE because it sounds the best. But almost nobody would try gold lowers. Same for Titan, I tried going from red lower to purple in an attempt to slightly reduce the bass, but the entire bass range fell apart and the soundstage collapsed. Switching to grey lower sounded fine, but there was too much treble sharpness, so I had to go with a red upper, but that made the bass too boomy. 4 or 5 combinations later, I finally landed on red lower and green upper and found perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back