Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 28, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #13,276 of 18,067
why does bob mention “monolithic piezo mems driver ” in the new iem?
A mems driver and piezo driver are two completely different tech
And what the hell is monolithic got do with piezo and mems drivers?
Is bob just adding words now to driver techs?
Im confused
How can someone part with so much money when the tech sounds made up?
I hope someone corrects me lol

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #13,277 of 18,067
why does bob mention “monolithic piezo mems driver ” in the new iem?
A mems driver and piezo driver are two completely different tech
And what the hell is monolithic got do with piezo and mems drivers?
Is bob just adding words now to driver techs?
Im confused
How can someone part with so much money when the tech sounds made up?
I hope someone corrects me lol

xMEMS eXplained​

The xMEMS micro speaker technology uses the piezoelectric effect to create a paper-thin solid-state speaker. These micro-speakers offer great potential to push the boundaries of IEM and headphone performance.

As xMEMS themselves say, “The inverse piezoelectric effect is created by applying electrical voltage to make the piezoMEMS contract or expand, converting electrical energy to mechanical energy. This energy excites an integrated silicon membrane to move air and generate acoustic sound waves…. xMEMS’ piezoMEMs actuators offer an increased range of movement enabling rich, loud audio”.

Diagram taken from xmems.com

https://ifi-audio.com/products/idsd-diablo-x/

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #13,278 of 18,067
Is it true about Event Horizon? Can someone who still has the order confirm?
I can confirm that, but remind everyone that "dropped with shipping partner" means that the shipment has been logged with the shipping partner, NOT that anything physical has been sent out yet. Historically there has been a considerable delay between being "dropped" and anything showing up in tracking. However, I'm really hopeful that there will be evidence of actual hardware in the next few days.

Jun 28, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #13,279 of 18,067
Imo, the EH band deserves a big fat "thank you" from IMR and a small present for their patience. A free Enigma, for example, would be a nice gesture 😉

Be cool if you got the lost footage from the movie of the same name :smile::thinking::scream:

Put red filters on top of gray base and sound is much more coherent, I'm hearing more detail and subtle nuances in songs I've listened to many times. Also soundstage seems wider and rivals Andromeda's.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #13,280 of 18,067

xMEMS eXplained​

The xMEMS micro speaker technology uses the piezoelectric effect to create a paper-thin solid-state speaker. These micro-speakers offer great potential to push the boundaries of IEM and headphone performance.

As xMEMS themselves say, “The inverse piezoelectric effect is created by applying electrical voltage to make the piezoMEMS contract or expand, converting electrical energy to mechanical energy. This energy excites an integrated silicon membrane to move air and generate acoustic sound waves…. xMEMS’ piezoMEMs actuators offer an increased range of movement enabling rich, loud audio”.

Diagram taken from xmems.com

https://ifi-audio.com/products/idsd-diablo-x/

Fair play
I did read all that when mem’s was first talked about but i cant remember the mention on piezo lol

Jun 28, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #13,282 of 18,067
What is the most expensive IMR iem ever?
Is it the new build , titan? seraph+ or something else?
I'm 99.99% certain Enigma sets the new record.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #13,283 of 18,067
I'm 99.99% certain Enigma sets the new record.
I dont find it that expensive considering the tech
Then Again its what 1.2k plus tax i think
Forgot about the uk tax 🤦🏻‍♂️
Thats one thing i hate about imr
U see an iem and u think “yer i could maybe stretch to that price”
U get to the check out then 💔
The tax killer lol

Edit lol
Seems like tax is included now i think

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #13,285 of 18,067
Fair play
I did read all that when mem’s was first talked about but i cant remember the mention on piezo lol
MEM is definitely not a DD and not an electrostatic driver, MEM is more like a piezoelectric driver

Jun 29, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #13,286 of 18,067
Find out somebody in Ireland or other EU country who will buy them for you. If I were in UK and wanted to get some of the expensive IMR gears, I only bought them thru the foreign intermediary, thus instead of paying 20% more ~ 300£ for Titans or Enigma's it will cost you 100£ (30€ for EU taxes, 30€ for a regular shipping to UK and than 30-40 £ or import taxes from EU). I would send them for free if I may listen to iems...
I bought some of Bob's creations to Russian friends of mine because they weren't able to pay him directly.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #13,287 of 18,067
I dont find it that expensive considering the tech
Thats one thing i hate about imr
U see an iem and u think “yer i could maybe stretch to that price”
U get to the check out then 💔
The tax killer lol

Edit lol
Seems like tax is included now i think
Headline price is $2,322, but with 30% preorder savings, it's $1625.40.

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #13,288 of 18,067
Damn the enigma is so tempting....

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #13,289 of 18,067
You know you suffer from some kind of sickness when you're weighing up between a £200 Kiwi ears Quintet and the £1500 IMR Enigma and you can't make your mind up

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #13,290 of 18,067
Just heard from Bob and he says the Enigma is similar to Titan in terms of level of performance, with only slight differences in upper end tuning. But they're essentially in the same class and Enigma would be a side grade.

For those who missed out on Titan, maybe Enigma would be a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back