Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 13, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #961 of 18,164
I wanted to ask you guys if I should send an email to inquire about my Semper order since a lot of you have already received it, and I didn't get even an email.

Simply go to your IMR ac****, open section "your orders" and check if your order is marked as "pending" or "fulfilled". BTW ive received my working trackiing nimber but my parcel is now five days stuck in a "phantomatic" International Excange Center somewhere in G.B. Different ways but same result (of course is nt Bob's fault IMHO) 😄

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #963 of 18,164
He/she forgot the O

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #967 of 18,164
A few angles in comparison to Aten and PB2

9189EDC5-EFA3-40FE-9C10-C615D3F6141F.jpeg

They seem a lot thicker than I was expecting.
Does the extra size and thickness tend towards some lateral sagging of the IEM when placed in ear?

Mine appears to have left the UK. Waiting impatiently for the arrival on to local shores.

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #968 of 18,164
They seem a lot thicker than I was expecting.
Does the extra size and thickness tend towards some lateral sagging of the IEM when placed in ear?

Mine appears to have left the UK. Waiting impatiently for the arrival on to local shores.

I was expecting them to be this thick and i honestly love they are so big and that the driver set up is exotic, fitting wise i cant answer your question properly as being universal fit there will be people who fit these and those who do not and i am in the latter. But i have not noticed them sagging as the cable holds them in place to not sag.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #969 of 18,164
@NellieG, I was in a audio cafe last week, and observed most shell for the latest range of hybrid universals having similar physical shape as your snapshot. It could be the trend these days for hybrids.
OM and PB1 seem malnourished besides those but certainly not in SQ.

I recalled Bob once did mention Semper delayed or abandoned either he couldn’t get the tuning right (soundstage) or at that point of time his existing shell unable to accommodate the EST transducers, therefore a thicker shell was required.

Semper could fit my concha perfectly. Waiting... hope it arrives before the weekend.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #971 of 18,164
Delivery announced for tomorrow. :L3000:

(P.S. We definitly need a better IEM emoticon)

Dec 14, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #973 of 18,164
:ksc75smile:
We've all experienced this with all of our IMRs. I remember with the RAH which has the previous generation of the DD Planar and Piezo. They sounded great out of the box, got a little better then somewhere around 50 to 70 hours they turned just plain awful, then they started their real ascent to magnificence. Nothing scary, it's just an IMR! My suggestion, plug them in and let them run for a week and forget about them. Or plug them in and let them run when you're not using them and at night while your sleeping and just enjoy hearing them transform right before your ears as the hours mount. There are dozens, maybe hundreds of us in here that can attest that there is nothing wrong with them; it's all part of the IMR experience :ksc75smile:
So glad you said this. I listened to mine yesterday after around 70 hours burning in and was extremely disappointed in what I was hearing... I read this comment and left them running. Had another listen today, around 96 hours in, and much better. The first word that comes to mind is smooth. Can't wait to see what they are like after 200hours!!

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #974 of 18,164
Received mine today. The first listen was very bad. I gave them 8 hours of burn-in and it was already better. I have always been using the traffic light setup with my IMR IEMs: red bottom and green top. It's a forgiving setup that has enough bass and clarity in the top end. In Semper too I prefer this setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back