Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 12, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #946 of 18,081
I only got my tracking number on Friday and it's still not even active. I'm pretty sure your unit has been posted, it's just the post office dragging its feet. I had the same issue when waiting for the EDP. Not only was my unit mailed in the last batch, but it was 4 days or so before I got tracking, and then a further 2 or 3 days before tracking returned any information.
I'd say if you don't get your tracking number on Monday, contact Bob for your own peace of mind.
I guess I'm being a little impatient since I'm really excited for them, I already emailed Bob he replied promptly saying he will look at it on Monday. :)

Dec 12, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #947 of 18,081
The Semper was abit underwhelming when I listen to it straight out, bass was boomy, boxy and muffled. The mids was very recessed and highs was unnatural. After about 7hours burn in it sounded much better and even better after changed to the open port. Hopefully it will be even better after further burn in. This is the first time I encounter big differences after burn in.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #948 of 18,081
The Semper was abit underwhelming when I listen to it straight out, bass was boomy, boxy and muffled. The mids was very recessed and highs was unnatural. After about 7hours burn in it sounded much better and even better after changed to the open port. Hopefully it will be even better after further burn in. This is the first time I encounter big differences after burn in.
Oh, theyll improve. I cant speak for the electrostats but that Aten Driver, Planar, and Piezo love burn-in. Its really well documented throughout these imr forums. Theyll keep getting better up to at least 150 hours and beyond. Burn in is real on these babies....

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #949 of 18,081
Oh, theyll improve. I cant speak for the electrostats but that Aten Driver, Planar, and Piezo love burn-in. Its really well documented throughout these imr forums. Theyll keep getting better up to at least 150 hours and beyond. Burn in is real on these babies....
Can confirm. Will also warn you that there may be a period around 30-40 hours (there was with the EDP) where you'll say "What happened? Is my MQA working? Is this really the remaster? These things sound like ass all of a sudden." You will then start to cable-roll, tip roll, and ham on a roll for a day or so and calculate the return cost. And then, they will sound amazing...

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #951 of 18,081
I wanted to ensure it's real burn in and not brain burn. So throughout I've been doing A/B listening with another earphone so I can confirm it's not brain burn. My UM Mest replacement set will be back next week I believe this will be a good compliment to it.

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #952 of 18,081
Can confirm. Will also warn you that there may be a period around 30-40 hours (there was with the EDP) where you'll say "What happened? Is my MQA working? Is this really the remaster? These things sound like ass all of a sudden." You will then start to cable-roll, tip roll, and ham on a roll for a day or so and calculate the return cost. And then, they will sound amazing...
Omg this sound scary.. :smile: I believe this happened to the IMR Red which I sold it away. :nerd:

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #953 of 18,081
:ksc75smile:
Omg this sound scary.. :smile: I believe this happened to the IMR Red which I sold it away. :nerd:
We've all experienced this with all of our IMRs. I remember with the RAH which has the previous generation of the DD Planar and Piezo. They sounded great out of the box, got a little better then somewhere around 50 to 70 hours they turned just plain awful, then they started their real ascent to magnificence. Nothing scary, it's just an IMR! My suggestion, plug them in and let them run for a week and forget about them. Or plug them in and let them run when you're not using them and at night while your sleeping and just enjoy hearing them transform right before your ears as the hours mount. There are dozens, maybe hundreds of us in here that can attest that there is nothing wrong with them; it's all part of the IMR experience :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #954 of 18,081
O i m a firm believer in burn-in, still remembered how one day after many months my jomo transformed. Just real surprised how good the semper sounds out of the box. I kept them plugged into the ap80pross since receiving yesterday, can hear the bass a bit bloated, the treble not so refined, the vocal already a beauty. Can imagine how fun it is gonna be after the burn-in settles and fiddle with the filters. Happy.

Dec 12, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #955 of 18,081
I'm using this memory foam tips for semper, just amazing. Recommended by a member here. The foam is many times stronger than Comply and it improves the sound instead of muffling it. And it's only a fraction of the price
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqE9DUD

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #956 of 18,081
Ø
I'm using this memory foam tips for semper, just amazing. Recommended by a member here. The foam is many times stronger than Comply and it improves the sound instead of muffling it. And it's only a fraction of the price
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqE9DUD
Yep, theyre good. Got them on my EDPs right now. I've turned dozens of people on to those tips and haven't found anyone who doesn't like them.

Dec 13, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #957 of 18,081
Are there any owners of Rah and Opus Mia, as far as I understand, the main difference will be in the middle frequencies, but I'm not sure if I need an even middle Rah, for which genres it will be preferable?

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #959 of 18,081

Users who are viewing this thread

Back