Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 15, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #8,881 of 18,537
Do you not think this reads a whole lot better with the below omitted from the above…isn’t this supposed to be the goal to forget time as a fourth dimension exists and we just exist on a plane in space enveloped in a sphere of pseudo vibrations

Like I honestly interpret this as I am going to sit down to intentionally find something wrong.
Yep, it does, I am guilty of putting iems on trial with a "go on then impress me, what's so good about you" attitude. First impressions do very much colour my appreciation of any new item. Often to my detriment I only discovered how good the PB1 was many months after getting it because I felt disappointed on first listen.

Aug 15, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #8,882 of 18,537
The rattle with my right Ace is not a loose black bar, it's internal, so will be sending it back to Bob
Hi, I do not get Bob's respose.
I tried to shake the unit to confirm the rattle sound. To my surprise, it is "getting" better (lesser or almost rattle sound if I touch the unit). So this is to convince me more sure it's internal although it does not impact the sound it is kind of annoying.

Aug 15, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #8,883 of 18,537
Are you using black stem with ACE? I'm at around 80 hours now and AB ACE with DM daily. I don't expect them to dethrone the DM.

They had very dull highs out of the box but started to open up noticeable. Highs still seem to seat behind mids and the bass except 8Khz peak I perceive. I wish them to improve with time. They are staying in my collection for the bass they produce with DD\planar combo. It got a unique and beautiful texture I never heard and to my ear they have plenty of sub bass with black stem and blue filter.
With the Ace I like the full-on experience, so I use black lower bass stem and blue upper, I do the same with the Dark Matter. The Ace is more 'balanced', but the Dark Matter is like an 'experience' every time i use them. The bass on the DM is a 'major incident'. On the DM the little 6mm CNT DD seems to resonate the bass, on the Ace, the Bone Conduction seems to work with treble and some upper mids which are 'fantastic', beautiful treble. The Zenith I have reversed and use the Blue bass stem and black treble nozzle. The Zenith has a totally different tuning. Bass is 'Big' but with a different type.....of less acute impact, good mids for vocal music, treble is less sharp and softer than the Ace from the Piezzos, on mine, but they suit 60's and 70's Psychedelia like a glove and as usual.....bass is 'an experience'. A mystical cosmic sounding IEM, made for 'Hippies', the Zenith are tuned for the ears of 'Old Eccentric Englishmen' All are still burning in somewhat. The DM is a 'major incident'. :heart_eyes:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #8,884 of 18,537
I noticed that Ace (btw Timeless is the same) likes the tips that seal at the very entrance to your ear channel, i.e. very shallow with very wide bore. So the sound isn't directed by the tip.

They then sound open with amazing clarity, great extension at both ends and deep powerful (but not overdone) sub base.

Attachments

• 20220815_110048.jpg
    20220815_110048.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 15, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #8,885 of 18,537
Are you using black stem with ACE? I'm at around 80 hours now and AB ACE with DM daily. I don't expect them to dethrone the DM.

They had very dull highs out of the box but started to open up noticeable. Highs still seem to seat behind mids and the bass except 8Khz peak I perceive. I wish them to improve with time. They are staying in my collection for the bass they produce with DD\planar combo. It got a unique and beautiful texture I never heard and to my ear they have plenty of sub bass with black stem and blue filter.
I had the same impression with you. OOTB, ACE is due to me. The treble is missing for me. After burning in for 100h, the mid is so delicious and bass is a lot more controlled. Treble got more presence too. At this stage, ACE is already very impressive especially for the amount we paid. Hope the sound continue to mature in the same direction as the 1st 100h burn in. ACE is probably the most balance sounding and most comfy (to me) IMR IEM ever release. It resolved the problem with the OG EDP where the bass is too little and too much treble.

Zenith 2 on the other hand OOTB sounds impressive and additive to me with it V shape sound.

DM is still the midrange clarity champion. but I always hope that DM got more bass and the vocal to be less aggressive (Which i achieved with cable rolling)

Still with all the recent release, i find the Semper and BC to be ultimate bass monster in comparison. ACE, Zenith and DM on black nozzle still could match Semper bass volume on red nozzle.

Aug 15, 2022 at 4:05 AM Post #8,886 of 18,537
I noticed that Ace (btw Timeless is the same) likes the tips that seal at the very entrance to your ear channel, i.e. very shallow with very wide bore. So the sound isn't directed by the tip.

They then sound open with amazing clarity, great extension at both ends and deep powerful (but not overdone) sub base.
However this is done at the expense of the additive vocal. On one hand, I love the staging and treble energy of shallow wide bore tips, but love the vocal with deeper insertion wide bore tips. keep rotating the tips as can't decide with one is the best compromise.

I'm using Alza Crystal/Earfit Standard and Whizzer SS20 tips.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #8,887 of 18,537

Which tip is that?

Aug 15, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #8,888 of 18,537
Which tip is that?
I don't how they are called. I got two sets of similar form tips with Tansio Mirai IEM: black (thinner) and white (a bit thicker).

They have a really unique shape as they are really wide and shallow, so for me they seal the very entrance of the channel way before other tips (those seal inside the channel).

Attachments

• 20220815_120127.jpg
    20220815_120127.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 15, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #8,889 of 18,537
However this is done at the expense of the additive vocal. On one hand, I love the staging and treble energy of shallow wide bore tips, but love the vocal with deeper insertion wide bore tips. keep rotating the tips as can't decide with one is the best compromise.

I'm using Alza Crystal/Earfit Standard and Whizzer SS20 tips.
Those are the two that I have settled on as well, for the exact reason you mentioned. We must hear things alike.

I find that the SS20 isn't a big drop in vocal quality, so it is my preferred tip overall. The Crystals bring out the airiness in female vocals a bit more but also are a bit more V shaped. The SS20 are more balanced. But both are good.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #8,890 of 18,537
FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I can NOT get the black filters unscrewed from each other. the L side was just fine, but the black does not seem to want to come apart.

Aug 15, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #8,892 of 18,537
FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I can NOT get the black filters unscrewed from each other. the L side was just fine, but the black does not seem to want to come apart.
I would suggest a soft cloth or tissue around the filter and a pair of pliers around the thickest lower part of the filter and apply a gentle grip, enough to grab it but not so much as to bend it and then undo.

Aug 15, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #8,893 of 18,537

I would suggest a soft cloth or tissue around the filter and a pair of pliers around the thickest lower part of the filter and apply a gentle grip, enough to grab it but not so much as to bend it and then undo.

The leather cable strap works too, use it to grab and turn the filter. You can also grab the nozzle and filter. Also if pliers are needed it protects it great as already said, do not squeeze it too hard.

If they are tightened too much the rubber seal inbetween them both grabs on way too much, typically i remove those anyway on both the filter and nozzle.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #8,894 of 18,537
I tried pliers and rubber bands around both filter parts, couldn't get them to budge. I'll keep trying with your suggestions. thanks.

Aug 15, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #8,895 of 18,537
I tried pliers and rubber bands around both filter parts, couldn't get them to budge. I'll keep trying with your suggestions. thanks.
You can also try a silicon tip, the stem grips the filter quite well
i THINK that maybe you need to make sure you get the angle that you are trying to unscrew with perfectly perpendicular to the thread. Ive had a few tightones myself and maybe this has some bearing as Ive always managed to eventually get them undone. Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back