Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 8, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #7,516 of 18,541
Update- absolutely loving my sempers, still on pink bottom filter with blue upper, favorite combo, loving the pair up with the n6ii ti.

It's like the sony z1r and cfa solaris made sweet love and had babies.

Might actually keep these :)
Interesting that you chose that combo. I'm mostly listening to the R2R with the Ru6 and and Nutube with the DX300 right now. Both these bring a wonderful natural warmth to the bass, but with the Semper it will make it rather bass heavy if you don't tune them down a bit.
I too have settled with the same combo as you on the Sempers. It has really opened up the sound stage and dynamics for me as well.
With the Avalons I have settled on the silver bass filter and red top. Avalons have a tighter bass than the Sempers so I can go a little higher. I'm also finding that set up pushes the vocals back a little. The sound staging seems more to my taste this way.

Jul 8, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #7,517 of 18,541
Interesting that you chose that combo. I'm mostly listening to the R2R with the Ru6 and and Nutube with the DX300 right now. Both these bring a wonderful natural warmth to the bass, but with the Semper it will make it rather bass heavy if you don't tune them down a bit.
I too have settled with the same combo as you on the Sempers. It has really opened up the sound stage and dynamics for me as well.
With the Avalons I have settled on the silver bass filter and red top. Avalons have a tighter bass than the Sempers so I can go a little higher. I'm also finding that set up pushes the vocals back a little. The sound staging seems more to my taste this way.
Which one u prefer? Avalon or sempers?
I got red bottom and gold top in my avalons
Might try your setup for fun lol

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #7,518 of 18,541
Which one u prefer? Avalon or sempers?
I got red bottom and gold top in my avalons
Might try your setup for fun lol
I don't think I like one over the other right now. I'm just grateful I can fine tune IMR to my personal taste. I'm usually listening to Avalon by day and Semper in the evening. If I am listening to one, I haven't felt like I was missing the other.
The bass extension and vocals are lush and soothing on the Semper.
I am finding the bass tighter and overall sound presentation a little cleaner with the Avalons. A little more balanced presentation. I used the red bottom for a while. The silver bottom seems to give me a little more bass extension.

Jul 8, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #7,519 of 18,541
Just a comment on the Dark Matter which I am listening to right now. Clarity, musicality, timbre, and superb bass. I :heart: the Dark Matter. Definitely TOTL for me. All the doubters should listen to these, they are the best DD combo I've ever heard.

Jul 8, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #7,520 of 18,541
Just a comment on the Dark Matter which I am listening to right now. Clarity, musicality, timbre, and superb bass. I :heart: the Dark Matter. Definitely TOTL for me. All the doubters should listen to these, they are the best DD combo I've ever heard.
:) Remind us though your filter combo / source as these elements can add a lot to the end sound! or certainly flavour them

Jul 8, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #7,521 of 18,541
:) Remind us though your filter combo / source as these elements can add a lot to the end sound! or certainly flavour them
Just the basic black lower, blue upper. I'm guessing I have nearly a couple of hundred of hours on them. I think I am lucky. The first Dark Matter I got wasn't right...that's for sure.....the present set, the replacement, is as perfect as a set can get. Maybe I'm easily pleased but I have the archetypal Dark Matter....they suit my taste completely. Well done Bob. I'm just using the HiBy R5 high gain, no EQ, Kotori Carbon (Copper Litz) Cable, L Spiral Dots, streaming Amazon HD music player.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #7,523 of 18,541
All, anyone got the tracking# of EDP ACE already?
I am asking the update to Bob instead of giving the tentative date, his reply implicates that ACE is still on assembling stage.
What disappointed me he asks for refund now after the more 3 months waiting!!
IMO, this is not a good customer service and very tempted to say "yes". What hold me now my curiosity of the EDP Aces.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022_0708_230442.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_0708_230442.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #7,524 of 18,541
I am asking the update to Bob instead of giving the tentative date, his reply implicates that ACE is still on assembling stage.
IMO, this is not a good customer service and very tempted to say "yes". What hold me now my curiosity of the EDP Aces.
This is bad, realy bad. Make me think to cancel ACE and EH.

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #7,525 of 18,541
I would wait - people have been getting tracking updates this last week. It looks like he is still entering the postage and creating the tracking for [400?] IEMS - ACE & Zenith II
The wait is frustrating for sure but the end result of what you will have and enjoy I think will very much balance out this aspect of the process at the end of the day

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #7,526 of 18,541
actually ended up trying the green and silver filters for the bottom, currently staying with green (least bass) really lets everything shine (and not bright because the n6ii r01 pretty much smoothens everything to oblivion)

Jul 8, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #7,527 of 18,541
I would wait - people have been getting tracking updates this last week. It looks like he is still entering the postage and creating the tracking for [400?] IEMS - ACE & Zenith II
The wait is frustrating for sure but the end result of what you will have and enjoy I think will very much balance out this aspect of the process at the end of the day
Bob just replied and apologized.
Hope everyone will be happy at the end of the day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022_0708_232912.jpg
    Screenshot_2022_0708_232912.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Jul 8, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #7,528 of 18,541
Bob just replied and apologized.
Hope everyone will be happy at the end of the day.
Thanks for letting us know :)
A lot of unnecessary annoyance stemming mainly from this (perhaps mistaken announcement) ??:
EDP Ace & Zenith II - Shipping to start between 17th - 24th June

Jul 8, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #7,529 of 18,541
125 of each ... and guessing some people bought both.

But it's progress. Hoping today to see Royal Mail finally has mine ... but not holding my breath.

Jul 8, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #7,530 of 18,541
Some of us haven't got any notifications yet... And off on holiday for 3 weeks in 2 weeks time the odds on both turning up and
being returned by the post office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back