Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 21, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #3,421 of 18,067
Yeah I'll keep burning in the EDP+ and reassess past the 300 hr mark. One thing I'm suspecting is that I've grown quite used to the piezo drivers and their characteristic treble responses in the Aten and the obvious difference between the Aten and the EDP+ is throwing me off a bit.
very good point - planar treble in and off itself is not known for sparkly highs - more smooth, refined and realistic. The ATen is quite a lively IEM and too go from one to other the differences will indeed be noticeable! I think the EDP+ is a bit different from other IMR's - Its all about 'presenting' a planar driver and is maybe a bit more suitable to the 'planar lover' ?

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #3,425 of 18,067
Glad to see you are enjoying your Ozar. Can't wait to receive mine and trying them out! In hindsight, I should have just ordered Elan instead of getting both Ozar and EDP+ but oh well!
i think i did good with the ozars only, theres this thing about Bone conduction that doesnt appeal to me, im biased i know, but still...

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #3,426 of 18,067
Ozars:

First time i don’t feel the need for the eternal burn in that will lead to a we don’t know where destination. I’m perfectly happy with em as they are right now, red/ pink (bt/ top) are making this perfectly balanced with amazing mids and treble extension. They are perfect, definitely worth it. Bass has become more evident with the hours and the mids are turning more and more mature, I’m truly enjoying this pair. I’m actually tempted to get the Ellans, but Bob told me to hold my horses… the east wind is coming…
Something new is coming soon.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,427 of 18,067
I wonder if Bob will make a CNT ADLC with piezo ceramic, having not heard the new CNT driver though, it does sound like it is not needed with that driver.
For now I'm thinking the CNT driver on the Elan does not need a ceramic.
I have always felt a certain lack of sparkle with the Rahs somewhere between the mid and upper frequencies. I've always thought it was due to the ceramics.
Right now I'm getting the full dynamic range on the Elan.

Jul 21, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #3,428 of 18,067
For now I'm thinking the CNT driver on the Elan does not need a ceramic.
I have always felt a certain lack of sparkle with the Rahs somewhere between the mid and upper frequencies. I've always thought it was due to the ceramics.
Right now I'm getting the full dynamic range on the Elan.

I understand that but also that makes the Rah and PB1 a nice chilled laid back listen with certain music, i have been using today my PB1 for the first time in a long time, grey nozzle and blue filter with Xelastic tips, listening to loads of Dance Music and loving them and not missing any sparkle and enjoying lots of rhythmic umph umph umph umph and crispy tss tss tss tss creating that lovely untz untz untz untz. 😁.

Jul 22, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #3,430 of 18,067
Is it coming soon? 😄
Something new is coming soon.
I believe those who have frequent contact with Bob already aware of what’s coming soon.

Anyway, I heard there’re 2 new models with 11mm CNT for bass. TBA before Oct with shipping in early Dec, delivery pattern should be pretty similar to Semper last year.

IMO, both seems to be a complementary match for music lovers based on transducers and tuning he described. But still a need to hear it before concluding.

The 11mm CNT- 6mm CNT - 1x Bone Conduction may potentially be my end game. The other is also impressive. Will leave it for Bob to disclose when ready.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:34 AM Post #3,431 of 18,067
So after experimenting some more, I think I'm going to settle on the purple nozzle/red filter on the EDP+. I wish there was a nozzle that has a smidge more low end than purple but less than grey or red but in the absence of such an option, I feel like this is the best I got. Due to the reduced bass response on the purple nozzle, treble does come through a bit more and things are not as muffled sounding. With any luck, another 100 or so hours of burn in increase the bass response a tad bit and I'll be happy.
It's really odd to me that the EDP+ does not have more clear treble, I thought that the CNT / ADLC driver added both extended bass and more treble response in addition to the planar driver (like my iBasso IT01 that has also a CNT driver and really goes deep in bass and with extended treble, V profile). I read here that the main drawback of the original EDP was reduced treble response. You can notice the treble in the EDP+ (using an amplifier and at high volume) but it is sort of 'veiled' even compared with the iBasso IT01 or even the BLON BL03!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #3,433 of 18,067
I believe those who have frequent contact with Bob already aware of what’s coming soon.

Anyway, I heard there’re 2 new models with 11mm CNT for bass. TBA before Oct with shipping in early Dec, delivery pattern should be pretty similar to Semper last year.

IMO, both seems to be a complementary match for music lovers based on transducers and tuning he described. But still a need to hear it before concluding.

The 11mm CNT- 6mm CNT - 1x Bone Conduction may potentially be my end game. The other is also impressive. Will leave it for Bob to disclose when ready.
Yeah, he asked me for discretion too

Jul 22, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #3,435 of 18,067
It's really odd to me that the EDP+ does not have more clear treble, I thought that the CNT / ADLC driver added both extended bass and more treble response in addition to the planar driver (like my iBasso IT01 that has also a CNT driver and really goes deep in bass and with extended treble, V profile). I read here that the main drawback of the original EDP was reduced treble response. You can notice the treble in the EDP+ (using an amplifier and at high volume) but it is sort of 'veiled' even compared with the iBasso IT01 or even the BLON BL03!
I agree with you 100%. I thought the idea was planar for smooth yet detailed mids and CNT/ADLC for impactful bass and clear highs. EDP+ certainly has the mids but lows and the highs are lacking. At this point, I'm just hoping things will improve with more burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back