Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #3,406 of 18,013
one more word for the momentum. music completely fills the space. of all the other models, this is the one where I feel the most in music. and I repeat myself, but the bass and sub bass is amazing. I am completely conquered.💖

Which model are you speaking of, apologies for not remembering, so many people with so many variants? Astra right.

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #3,408 of 18,013
Thank you for the suggestion and for giving me hope that I may still like them yet. They're burning in once again right now.

I happen to have the Rah with me at work.
Here's some comparison pics.
The Elan fits perfectly for me 😁
Flushes against ears very nicely!

20210720_122525.jpg20210720_122549.jpg20210720_122822.jpg20210720_123001.jpg
My elan fitting goes deeper than yours. otherwise I have less BC effect. Try the smaller tips and push them deep inside your ears. Then the BC will reveal.

Jul 20, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #3,411 of 18,013
Anyone has the EDP+? After 180 h burn in, they have excellent sound quality, but I still feel that treble extension and resolution are not great compared with my FiiO FH7. I use the grey plus blue filter combo, other combos increase bass but decrease more the treble and mid resolution...
Fiio FH7 is tunned in a very harsh, sparkling way. It uses pure silver cable. Maybe if you try that sort of cable, it can helps a little bit. but I think it cannot goes as sparkly as the fh7. And cable needs a little burn in too, in my opinion. for me, what is currently close to fh7 is elan and surely ozar. although I don't have it. I also own the fh7. in my opinion, balanced armature drivers cannot be copied. it is to be verified.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #3,414 of 18,013
My elan fitting goes deeper than yours. otherwise I have less BC effect. Try the smaller tips and push them deep inside your ears. Then the BC will reveal.

When I got back home I moved to my Spinfits and Sednas. I got the best fit with them.

Compared to the Rah and Semper, Elan are the most comfortable fit for me.

Out of the box, these are the first pair of IMRs for me that I am happy to listen to with the black-black filter combo.
I usually found that the increased bass would lessen sound stage, but this hasn't been the case here.

Roger Waters, Deja Vu was a wall of immersion for me and the heart beat sound seemed suspended within there somewhere.

I still have many burn in hours to go, but am quite excited with the onward journey.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #3,415 of 18,013
Nelly, i really hope you can get your dream IEM. it's sad that one of us can't take advantage of it. I would like to have the possibility help you.😥

🥺 Just keep posting your findings of what you hear with the Elan, I shall wipe away the odd tears from my weary eyes and we will all live happily ever after 🥳.

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #3,416 of 18,013
Ozars:

First time i don’t feel the need for the eternal burn in that will lead to a we don’t know where destination. I’m perfectly happy with em as they are right now, red/ pink (bt/ top) are making this perfectly balanced with amazing mids and treble extension. They are perfect, definitely worth it. Bass has become more evident with the hours and the mids are turning more and more mature, I’m truly enjoying this pair. I’m actually tempted to get the Ellans, but Bob told me to hold my horses… the east wind is coming…

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,417 of 18,013
I also tried with red nozzle/blue filter but mids are shallower and bass increased as compared with grey nozzle/blue filter. The latter is the only combo that sounds fine with mids (voices) that is the best quality of the IMR+, but treble is really poor as compared with BA drivers. I even purchased a graphene balanced cable and it only improves a bit the treble as compared to the stock cable...
So after experimenting some more, I think I'm going to settle on the purple nozzle/red filter on the EDP+. I wish there was a nozzle that has a smidge more low end than purple but less than grey or red but in the absence of such an option, I feel like this is the best I got. Due to the reduced bass response on the purple nozzle, treble does come through a bit more and things are not as muffled sounding. With any luck, another 100 or so hours of burn in increase the bass response a tad bit and I'll be happy.

Jul 21, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #3,418 of 18,013
Ozars:

First time i don’t feel the need for the eternal burn in that will lead to a we don’t know where destination. I’m perfectly happy with em as they are right now, red/ pink (bt/ top) are making this perfectly balanced with amazing mids and treble extension. They are perfect, definitely worth it. Bass has become more evident with the hours and the mids are turning more and more mature, I’m truly enjoying this pair. I’m actually tempted to get the Ellans, but both told me to hold my horses… the east wind is coming…
Glad to see you are enjoying your Ozar. Can't wait to receive mine and trying them out! In hindsight, I should have just ordered Elan instead of getting both Ozar and EDP+ but oh well!

Jul 21, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #3,419 of 18,013
So after experimenting some more, I think I'm going to settle on the purple nozzle/red filter on the EDP+. I wish there was a nozzle that has a smidge more low end than purple but less than grey or red but in the absence of such an option, I feel like this is the best I got. Due to the reduced bass response on the purple nozzle, treble does come through a bit more and things are not as muffled sounding. With any luck, another 100 or so hours of burn in increase the bass response a tad bit and I'll be happy.
I mentioned perviously, I experienced an almost night and day difference running the EDP+ through a powerful desktop amp. My previous issues disappeared. This is a fairly common experience though with planar drivers - They need more power than most other drivers. With all IMR you really do need to get well over 300 hrs to start to tweak. :)

Jul 21, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #3,420 of 18,013
I mentioned perviously, I experienced an almost night and day difference running the EDP+ through a powerful desktop amp. My previous issues disappeared. This is a fairly common experience though with planar drivers - They need more power than most other drivers. With all IMR you really do need to get well over 300 hrs to start to tweak. :)
Yeah I'll keep burning in the EDP+ and reassess past the 300 hr mark. One thing I'm suspecting is that I've grown quite used to the piezo drivers and their characteristic treble responses in the Aten and the obvious difference between the Aten and the EDP+ is throwing me off a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back