Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 20, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #3,391 of 17,957
Anyone has the EDP+? After 180 h burn in, they have excellent sound quality, but I still feel that treble extension and resolution are not great compared with my FiiO FH7. I use the grey plus blue filter combo, other combos increase bass but decrease more the treble and mid resolution...
I have the EDP+ with about 200 hours burn in and I share the same sentiment. Compared to Aten (purple nozzle, red filter), the treble response is way reduced even with the blue filter. After experimenting with the grey, red, purple nozzles with blue filter, I prefer red nozzle/blue filter at the moment. Regardless, when A/B'ing between Aten and EDP+, it's like the veil has been lifted when returning to Aten from EDP+. Waiting on the Ozar - hope that one isn't like the EDP+.

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #3,392 of 17,957
I have the EDP+ with about 200 hours burn in and I share the same sentiment. Compared to Aten (purple nozzle, red filter), the treble response is way reduced even with the blue filter. After experimenting with the grey, red, purple nozzles with blue filter, I prefer red nozzle/blue filter at the moment. Regardless, when A/B'ing between Aten and EDP+, it's like the veil has been lifted when returning to Aten from EDP+. Waiting on the Ozar - hope that one isn't like the EDP+.
I also tried with red nozzle/blue filter but mids are shallower and bass increased as compared with grey nozzle/blue filter. The latter is the only combo that sounds fine with mids (voices) that is the best quality of the IMR+, but treble is really poor as compared with BA drivers. I even purchased a graphene balanced cable and it only improves a bit the treble as compared to the stock cable...

Jul 20, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #3,393 of 17,957
I also tried with red nozzle/blue filter but mids are shallower and bass increased as compared with grey nozzle/blue filter. The latter is the only combo that sounds fine with mids (voices) that is the best quality of the IMR+, but treble is really poor as compared with BA drivers. I even purchased a graphene balanced cable and it only improves a bit the treble as compared to the stock cable...
Agree with you there. I guess that's just how the EDP+ is tuned.

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #3,394 of 17,957
200hrs burned in on Astra for me. They honestly sound worse now than brand new to my ears. Good technicalities but not very good tonality for any ear tip and filter variation I've tried and I've tried a ton of combos. I'm gonna give them another 100hrs of burn-in in hopes they come to a tonality level that makes me want to listen to them. At this point it's more of a chore than an enjoyable experience.

I'm still liking the BC a lot. They are definitely bass beasts with the blue upper stage filter and red bass filter. Currently using xelastec tips. Not my everyday choice while digging for new music but a very enjoyable experience when going back to songs I've already discovered. These are definitely keepers for me. :)

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #3,395 of 17,957
200hrs burned in on Astra for me. They honestly sound worse now than brand new to my ears. Good technicalities but not very good tonality for any ear tip and filter variation I've tried and I've tried a ton of combos. I'm gonna give them another 100hrs of burn-in in hopes they come to a tonality level that makes me want to listen to them. At this point it's more of a chore than an enjoyable experience.

I'm still liking the BC a lot. They are definitely bass beasts with the blue upper stage filter and red bass filter. Currently using xelastec tips. Not my everyday choice while digging for new music but a very enjoyable experience when going back to songs I've already discovered. These are definitely keepers for me. :)

You HAVE to go OVER 300 hours - Ive had same problem from 180 hours on with BOTH Opus Mia and Astra
I am using a custom filter though on my Astras that makes them 100% PERFECT (post 380 hours)
When I get closer to 500 hours I will go back and try different combo's of the stock filters
My point being - The Astras CAN sound utterly sublime - literally perfect so...

I suspect that all the different drivers take a LOT of and DIFFERENT amounts of time to burn in so you have to burn them ALL in and THEN see how they finally all work together

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,397 of 17,957
The filters are great and all and god forbid I speak the forbidden words on this forum but, EQ things to your own liking. Here is my method, super basic way but I can change the flavour much the same way as the filters and nozzles do as opposed to a full parametric EQ.

2B386649-ACD1-401A-9D01-44FCA32A4649.jpeg
5802C296-5045-406F-AACB-A59EC9694BC3.jpeg

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #3,398 of 17,957
The filters are great and all and god forbid I speak the forbidden words on this forum but, EQ things to your own liking. Here is my method, super basic way but I can change the flavour much the same way as the filters and nozzles do as opposed to a full parametric EQ.
Forbidden words? I like my scotch 3 fingers over a beautiful ball of ice. I take my espresso as tripple shot, tabasco and Franks Red Hot goes on everything (well kind of but not really) and I'm greatful for an EQ to lift the highs and lower the lows!. Although I will admit that with this new M6 Pro 21 - I haven't EQ's anything. But as far as I'm concerned EQ is neither a four letter nor a forbidden around here - I'd consider an essential part of an audio kit.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #3,399 of 17,957
Ooo you lives in da attics ? :)

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #3,400 of 17,957
Forbidden words? I like my scotch 3 fingers over a beautiful ball of ice. I take my espresso as tripple shot, tabasco and Franks Red Hot goes on everything (well kind of but not really) and I'm greatful for an EQ I use with all my IEMs. Although I will admit that with this new M6 Pro 21 - I haven't EQ's anything. But as far as I'm concerned EQ is neither a four letter nor a forbidden word for me.

Be a baller, 1 shot tobaco [*EDIT* yes that would be baller, obviously TOBASCO] (conveniently ignoring it goes on everything but not quite), 2 shot Scotch (i shall allow ice if we can ignore the convenience point), 3 shot espresso (because jagerbombs hold my beer i will show you how to be wired on caffeine and alcohol). You can drink it with a little pinky pointing outwards if you like.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #3,402 of 17,957
It is not. Ozar it’s quite something. Guaranteed

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #3,403 of 17,957
You HAVE to go OVER 300 hours - Ive had same problem from 180 hours on with BOTH Opus Mia and Astra
I am using a custom filter though on my Astras that makes them 100% PERFECT (post 380 hours)
When I get closer to 500 hours I will go back and try different combo's of the stock filters
My point being - The Astras CAN sound utterly sublime - literally perfect so...

I suspect that all the different drivers take a LOT of and DIFFERENT amounts of time to burn in so you have to burn them ALL in and THEN see how they finally all work together
Thank you for the suggestion and for giving me hope that I may still like them yet. They're burning in once again right now.

Jul 20, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #3,405 of 17,957
Anyone has the EDP+? After 180 h burn in, they have excellent sound quality, but I still feel that treble extension and resolution are not great compared with my FiiO FH7. I use the grey plus blue filter combo, other combos increase bass but decrease more the treble and mid resolution...
Have you tried the red/red combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back