Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 16, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #3,346 of 17,966
I have the xelastecs in size ms. I can't use them because they don't go deep enough it seems to me. so that I lose the effect of the BC. I would like to try a size smaller. but with size ms, they got stuck in my ear. I also finds that xelastecs do not hold up well. so for now, I'm sticking with the IMR tips.
Interesting. I'm looking forward to experimenting. Thus far I've preferred Azla Sednas and Tennmak Foams on all my IMRs but who knows the Astra could change all that too.... :ksc75smile:

Jul 16, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #3,347 of 17,966
I have the xelastecs in size ms. I can't use them because they don't go deep enough it seems to me. so that I lose the effect of the BC. I would like to try a size smaller. but with size ms, they got stuck in my ear. I also finds that xelastecs do not hold up well. so for now, I'm sticking with the IMR tips.
The newer epro version makes deep insertion. But they're very shallow from nozzle filter to tip end so they don't enhance bass https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...rtips-2-pairs-for-iem-in-ear-monitor-earphone

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #3,349 of 17,966
The Epro horn tips don't work at all for me.They are too flimsy, and won't seal at all. There is no bass with them. The Xelastecs are really good. I get a good seal, I like them a lot.
The Xelastecs are great I use them on the MEST and Odin, sorry t ohear the Epros don't work for you, in my case they do feel thin but work. Have you tried the New Bee Foam tips?

Jul 17, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,351 of 17,966
My Knights are stuck in the ISC Chicago USPS limbo. Arrived in the USA June 23. Haven't moved since and possibly never will given the numerous complaints lodged against this particular international sorting center. Bummer. The worst part of it is that they aren't "lost in the mail," so there's no recourse -- they can sit there forever and I can't do anything about it.

Jul 17, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #3,352 of 17,966
My Knights are stuck in the ISC Chicago USPS limbo. Arrived in the USA June 23. Haven't moved since and possibly never will given the numerous complaints lodged against this particular international sorting center. Bummer. The worst part of it is that they aren't "lost in the mail," so there's no recourse -- they can sit there forever and I can't do anything about it.
Hang in there pal. I feel your pain. You put in an order and wait months for shipping, then they get stuck in shipping for months. I've had 2 packages go through Chicago now and both were 5 weeks in the Black Hole Called Chicago. I started to think they were stolen - but they both eventually got spit out the the other side of the vortex. Keep the faith! You'll get 'em.

Jul 17, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #3,353 of 17,966
I too had the black hole of Chicago swallow a shipment for over 4 weeks, but they did eventually reappear - in San Francisco!!! And then finally arrived in St. Louis. Remember, even black holes do let some radiation escape. Hope you get your Knights soon.

Jul 18, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #3,355 of 17,966
These days, BC with more than 300hrs and approaching 400, has been my Best Companion to my music collections. It has flourished into an spectacular clear sounding cohesive bass head unit delivering tight control bass, smooth natural liquid mids and sweet sweet treble. Before 300hrs, I often hear “overhang” bass interfering my enjoyment especially when listening to one of my favourite albums by Peter Green, the best of Peter Green 1977-1981 on my set up. I’m still using blue nozzle red filter a personal quality bass head combo.

Prior to the arrival of BC, my re-shelled RAH did fulfil my pettiness for tight/taut bass but BC has since outperformed it with better deep/sub bass extension. Physical impact and texture for both still pretty similar thou. On the other hand, I do feel BC synergised exceptionally well with my hardware in providing that sonic package and satisfaction.

Those with BC, my suggestion do give this Peter Green’s album a try if you’re crazy about bass lines rhythm and tempo with the upper frequencies topping up with plenty of soul plus that tunefully sweet sounding guitars of Peter. Funky and groovy tune, Rare Earth is finger and toe tapping good. On Black Sabbath, guitar/ bass riffs shine in most tracks- Wasp, Wicked World, A Bit of the Fingers are intoxicating not forgetting those Ozzy albums for expansive soundstage.

All in all, whatever albums or tracks I played, BC always deliver that immersive experience. I could call it a day with existing IMRs on hand, but this greedy hobby where most of us I believe will continue chasing for that extra 1% since day one will never end.

Heard Bob is still tuning a new “dark matter” bass head IEM with bc. I feel this is the one for semi retirement....lol.

ABEC10A3-04D8-4000-8964-603CA759D9CE.jpeg

Jul 18, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #3,356 of 17,966
Interesting. I'm looking forward to experimenting. Thus far I've preferred Azla Sednas and Tennmak Foams on all my IMRs but who knows the Astra could change all that too.... :ksc75smile:
Am i correct in you are the one who had his RHA turned into a Custom Shell? If you don't mind me asking? How much was the final price including everything from labour to shipping?
I'm VERY much considering turni v my B.C into a CIEM? The only thing I'm worried about is Bass response due to different shape,size,volume ect.. I know its really hard to compare an item if you do not have both the item at the same time but, off your memory what were the changes in sound? Also, one last thing? Can this person ADD extra driver's? I would love to replace the Peizo driver with either a Vslanced Armature or Electrostate! I don't know if the latter is possible due to its complex implementation! Thanks in advance for your help.

Jul 18, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #3,357 of 17,966
These days, BC with more than 300hrs and approaching 400, has been my Best Companion to my music collections. It has flourished into an spectacular clear sounding cohesive bass head unit delivering tight control bass, smooth natural liquid mids and sweet sweet treble. Before 300hrs, I often hear “overhang” bass interfering my enjoyment especially when listening to one of my favourite albums by Peter Green, the best of Peter Green 1977-1981 on my set up. I’m still using blue nozzle red filter a personal quality bass head combo.

Prior to the arrival of BC, my re-shelled RAH did fulfil my pettiness for tight/taut bass but BC has since outperformed it with better deep/sub bass extension. Physical impact and texture for both still pretty similar thou. On the other hand, I do feel BC synergised exceptionally well with my hardware in providing that sonic package and satisfaction.

Those with BC, my suggestion do give this Peter Green’s album a try if you’re crazy about bass lines rhythm and tempo with the upper frequencies topping up with plenty of soul plus that tunefully sweet sounding guitars of Peter. Funky and groovy tune, Rare Earth is finger and toe tapping good. On Black Sabbath, guitar/ bass riffs shine in most tracks- Wasp, Wicked World, A Bit of the Fingers are intoxicating not forgetting those Ozzy albums for expansive soundstage.

All in all, whatever albums or tracks I played, BC always deliver that immersive experience. I could call it a day with existing IMRs on hand, but this greedy hobby where most of us I believe will continue chasing for that extra 1% since day one will never end.

Heard Bob is still tuning a new “dark matter” bass head IEM with bc. I feel this is the one for semi retirement....lol.

ABEC10A3-04D8-4000-8964-603CA759D9CE.jpeg
Do you also own Astra UltraQue?
I'm trying to get an idea of the difference in Bass "quantity"? I know the bass on both will be of good "quality" so not to bothered with this! The problem I'm having is i "might" need to sell one of my IEM'S in order to afford to pay for my Astra!
Like many I'm a total Basshead so bass is VERY important to me.
I even enjoy a bit of bass bleed into the midrange warming the Signiture up abit and if its done right the slow decay injects a bit of "Atmosphere" to the whole presentation, it doas come at the cost of detail retrieval, stage and clarity but increases musically.
To be honest i hate selling any of my portable set-up but due to Clovis-19 i lost my job last week JUST after placing my order for Astra UltraQue! So my only way to raise funds is to sell one of my IEM'S. It sounds strange that im a Basshead but selling an IEM dedicated to Bass! But in reality i am struggling MASSIVELY to get a fit/Seal! If you cannot get a seal it doesn't matter how much bass the iem has you will not hear it!
It's really really important i get this right in order to not get Seller Remorse lol Another important factor is source? this goes out to anyone who own's the B.C! What are people using to get the results they hear? Are you getting this Bass with just a DAP or Phone? Also, are you using EQ & Amp? Or are you just using a standard DAP or Phone but still getting basshead level of Bass?
Anyone with B.C AND Astra i would love to hear your thoughts and comparisons? As per usual thanks in advance for your time & help it is very very much appreciated👍

Jul 18, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #3,358 of 17,966
The Xelastecs are great I use them on the MEST and Odin, sorry t ohear the Epros don't work for you, in my case they do feel thin but work. Have you tried the New Bee Foam tips?
I never use foams, can’t seem to get past the idea of inserting something that I can’t completely sanitize at a given moment. Also, they are disposable and I don’t like having to check and see if it’s time to replace. I used foams really early on when I first got into the hobby and mine always seemed yucky and covered in wax.

Jul 18, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #3,359 of 17,966
Do you also own Astra UltraQue?
I'm trying to get an idea of the difference in Bass "quantity"? I know the bass on both will be of good "quality" so not to bothered with this! The problem I'm having is i "might" need to sell one of my IEM'S in order to afford to pay for my Astra!
Like many I'm a total Basshead so bass is VERY important to me.
I even enjoy a bit of bass bleed into the midrange warming the Signiture up abit and if its done right the slow decay injects a bit of "Atmosphere" to the whole presentation, it doas come at the cost of detail retrieval, stage and clarity but increases musically.
To be honest i hate selling any of my portable set-up but due to Clovis-19 i lost my job last week JUST after placing my order for Astra UltraQue! So my only way to raise funds is to sell one of my IEM'S. It sounds strange that im a Basshead but selling an IEM dedicated to Bass! But in reality i am struggling MASSIVELY to get a fit/Seal! If you cannot get a seal it doesn't matter how much bass the iem has you will not hear it!
It's really really important i get this right in order to not get Seller Remorse lol Another important factor is source? this goes out to anyone who own's the B.C! What are people using to get the results they hear? Are you getting this Bass with just a DAP or Phone? Also, are you using EQ & Amp? Or are you just using a standard DAP or Phone but still getting basshead level of Bass?
Anyone with B.C AND Astra i would love to hear your thoughts and comparisons? As per usual thanks in advance for your time & help it is very very much appreciated👍

Hopefully you can offer some insight @roygbiv6 into the bass and shell shapes of both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back