Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 3, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #3,183 of 18,011
Mate, the astra is the EDM one. I am a big basshead too. But astra is a basshead audiophile. It's different than pure bass that overmelth the rest, but I learn to appreciate that tuning. for a few days now they have become more consistent. the instruments, the voices are in perfect balance. the voices are not particularly emphasized. they are more ventilated and have a little more echo than elysium. like an incredible dream. the image is magical, like a journey through the galaxy listening to the stars twinkle. it is more airy and the separation has a good balance between a black background and the explosion of sound. Everything is in its place. I can hear easily the details. the bass is not to be outdone. it seems less heavy than the elysium, but still impact and a balance between weight and perfect clarity. Really good basses and sub basses. currently, I only listen to them. they transport me to a magical universe and give me a lot of emotions. if I had to keep only 1, it would be this one.

I am on blue/red.
Great description that pushes me closer to buying Astra. Will you write a three-way comparison Semper - Elysium - Astra?

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #3,184 of 18,011
Great description that pushes me closer to buying Astra. Will you write a three-way comparison Semper - Elysium - Astra?
I am always afraid to encourage people and then they will find themselves disappointed. My descriptions remain personal and suggestive. it depends a lot on the sources, like files and dap / dac. but the elysium is a warm iem. the basses sound bolderbut but still a huge amount. and have more body. details are on the low end. the voices are put forward and give an incredible naturalness. they are soft and intimate. as if I were at a jazz performance. when I listen, I am at rest and my dreams take me to magical worlds. for me, they allow me to enjoy chilling tracks rather quiet. the soundstage is tighter than the astra, but not much. it sounds more audiophile, mature. the astra is younger, fiery. details are in the high end. the vocals are more ethereal with more echo. like a journey through space with the silence in the background and the beautiful twinkling of the stars. the stage is wider and the instruments and voices are aligned. the elysium bone conductor makes a little more 3d effect especially for the vocals. on the astra it is less obvious, but it remains incredible. the astra brings a little more energy while the elysuim is quieter. currently I cannot compare with the semper. they are under repair.

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #3,185 of 18,011
Yeah the Bass on the Opus Mia is fantastic, i also have the B.C but am having a few tip/seal issues and am waiting on a few different eartips so fingers crossed it will remedy the B.C seal issue? But when i do get a seal on the B.C the Bass is phenomenal! It's faster than Opus Mia with more Texture & Detail and the Mid-bass hits a bit harder. I think the new 6mm CNT A.D.L.C Driver is responsible for this added performance in comparison to Opus Mia! I'm still on the fence regarding the the Astra because im a TOTAL Basshead and a few people have said the bass isn't as good as the Opus Mia which in turn means its not as good as the B.C! I have been eyeing up the ThieAudio Excalibur which has the Sonion Dual EST, 2 Knowls Balanced Armature's and 1 Dynamic Driver. Every review or comments i have read say this is a pure 100% Basshead IEM but is also just as good across all frequencies with Exellent technical abilities .What REALLY Intrested me is that it isn't just the Dynamic Driver that's responsible for the Bass it also uses one of the Balanced Armature driver's to add Clarity and reduce distortion which has not been implemented in any other hybrid iem i am aware of? They also have a very good design with Custom-Like shells which means i could use them out & about without them constantly falling out my ears like my Opus Mia do!
BUT? i would lose the Build quality, tuning capabilities, amazing house sound and phenomenal customer service if i was to go the ThieAudio route AND lose Bone Conduction! Which is the whole reason i am considering another iem due to owning over 20 IEM'S/Headphones including 4 IMR's! BUT?
With all the said I'm 99% positive I'm gonna grab one of the Astra's that just become available and feed my Basshead needs with a set of FOCUS EDM's.
This is slightly off topic, but thought to mention that it may be worthwhile looking at the new Campfire Honeydew 🍈 as a bass-head solution, quite « affordable » too.

I am saying this as I am waiting for my IMR Knight to arrive, hoping they would measure up…

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #3,187 of 18,011
I am always afraid to encourage people and then they will find themselves disappointed. My descriptions remain personal and suggestive. it depends a lot on the sources, like files and dap / dac. but the elysium is a warm iem. the basses sound bolderbut but still a huge amount. and have more body. details are on the low end. the voices are put forward and give an incredible naturalness. they are soft and intimate. as if I were at a jazz performance. when I listen, I am at rest and my dreams take me to magical worlds. for me, they allow me to enjoy chilling tracks rather quiet. the soundstage is tighter than the astra, but not much. it sounds more audiophile, mature. the astra is younger, fiery. details are in the high end. the vocals are more ethereal with more echo. like a journey through space with the silence in the background and the beautiful twinkling of the stars. the stage is wider and the instruments and voices are aligned. the elysium bone conductor makes a little more 3d effect especially for the vocals. on the astra it is less obvious, but it remains incredible. the astra brings a little more energy while the elysuim is quieter. currently I cannot compare with the semper. they are under repair.

Your description of the Astra is on point, they keep getting better to the point I'm using them over the Odin and Mest, there's something there that eludes full description and makes them a unique experience to each listener. Also on Blue/red which at the moment is my favorite combo, still got few more hours of time to go, but they sound on par with the big ones...

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #3,189 of 18,011
Your description of the Astra is on point, they keep getting better to the point I'm using them over the Odin and Mest, there's something there that eludes full description and makes them a unique experience to each listener. Also on Blue/red which at the moment is my favorite combo, still got few more hours of time to go, but they sound on par with the big ones...
It is compared to mest mk2? I totally agree. I am o blue/red too but I use a graphene mixe with pure silver cable. It opens and sounds more airy.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #3,190 of 18,011
Sorry @NellieG but trance is not my cup of tea.😥

Yes, to each their own. I've really started to like some trance and electronic music, Infected Mushroom sounds excellent on all of these :beerchug:

An IMR Family Affair.jpg

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #3,192 of 18,011
Yes, to each their own. I've really started to like some trance and electronic music, Infected Mushroom sounds excellent on all of these :beerchug:

An IMR Family Affair.jpg

All excellent choices i see, I'm not so much into my Trance as i once have been in my life but those 2 Albums from Crasher will always be held dear to me.

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #3,193 of 18,011
And of course these are like a fine wine, every time I hook them up they seem to just improve even more. Such a sweet iem and can't wait for my Elan's :grin:

Fat Stack Gold.JPG

I very much still enjoy a couple of Bob's "Swan Songs" from TA:thumbsup:

Carbonara.JPG

Jul 3, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #3,194 of 18,011
And of course these are like a fine wine, every time I hook them up they seem to just improve even more. Such a sweet iem and can't wait for my Elan's :grin:

Fat Stack Gold.JPG

I very much still enjoy a couple of Bob's "Swan Songs" from TA:thumbsup:

Carbonara.JPG

It's crazy how you can see the Opus/Semper shell in the left TA and a mix of Aten and Astra in the right TA shell. They were before my time the TA stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back