Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 20, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #2,822 of 17,972
Do the other filters not do their job well enough for you that you look for external ways to tame the treble?

That’s right. I’ve tried many combinations of nozzle/filter/tips; blue, black, red and pink filters.
I could not stand the harsh treble for more than a few minutes, and kept finding myself filter and tip rolling.

As I’ve already said, good mastered tracks were perfectly fine, issues arised with not so well mastered albums. With these tips I can at last enjoy all kind of music (mostly metal in any of its incarnations, prog and hard rock to a lesser extent) for hours and hours.

I must say I’ve never been a fan of foam tips, but these Tennmaks are really neutral, and they seem to be pretty durable.

I must confess I was a bit disappointed with the Semper at first, and kept reaching for my PB1 over and over again, tired of testing filter combinations with little success.

Now I can finally appreciate how exceptional this Semper are. A happy ending thanks to the helpful folks in this thread.

Jun 20, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #2,823 of 17,972
LZ5WXKE.jpg
What cable is this? I am looking for 90 degree one for myself. What material is it?

Jun 20, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #2,824 of 17,972
Please also try NewBee foam tips - even better than tenmark in terms of sonic performance!

Jun 20, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #2,825 of 17,972
Jun 20, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #2,826 of 17,972
I wonder if it's possible to eliminate the harshness for all? There are so many different files produced.🤔 I don't know.
I'm not concerned to be honest, noticed its mainly some female vocals, fully expect it to settle after a few hours

Jun 21, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #2,828 of 17,972
In no way am I going to give a running commentary on the burn in process however after a dozen hours or so the harshness/shrillness that I was hearing is starting to settle, more noticeable on tracks that may have been badly mastered. Same tracks have a similar presentation when using my Ety ER4SR.

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #2,829 of 17,972
Finally received the EDP+ a few hours ago. Like it was said before these are very bass lite compared to OM and Semper. But no issue for me as I like a well balanced sound. A bit dark and can do with some more air and extension in the treble. Other than that they are a more intimate and smoother version of Semper at this point. No sibilance at all which is a big plus. They fit me great And sit flush in my ears.
I've settled on Spiral Dots++ and grey/blue combination for now. Excited to see how they change with burn in.

Jun 21, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #2,830 of 17,972
Finally received the EDP+ a few hours ago. Like it was said before these are very bass lite compared to OM and Semper. But no issue for me as I like a well balanced sound. A bit dark and can do with some more air and extension in the treble. Other than that they are a more intimate and smoother version of Semper at this point. No sibilance at all which is a big plus. They fit me great And sit flush in my ears.
I've settled on Spiral Dots++ and grey/blue combination for now. Excited to see how they change with burn in.
Enjoy your ride with them over the next several hours. This is not your first IMR rodeo, so even though you don't know what to expect, you know what to expect 😜. I know that with the OG EDP the bass developed and the treble extended past 150 hours and I'm convinced they were still getting better into 300 territory.

Jun 21, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #2,831 of 17,972
Enjoy your ride with them over the next several hours. This is not your first IMR rodeo, so even though you don't know what to expect, you know what to expect 😜. I know that with the OG EDP the bass developed and the treble extended past 150 hours and I'm convinced they were still getting better into 300 territory.
Thanks I will . Hope you enjoy the Elysium as well. I look forward to the impressions.
Yes I know the ride by now. haha. I can tell the new DD is of high quality and it's only getting better now. This is my ideal EDC now.

Jun 21, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #2,832 of 17,972
I got the BC in about a week ago. I used them for a few hours on stock black nozzle/black filter setup and honestly wasn't very impressed. Bass was plentiful but didn't sound right to me. I had some time to go through a few filter setups today and find that grey nozzle/blue filter with spiral dot ++ tips is working great for me. I got the full body goose bumps and my jaw dropped to the floor. These are definitely keepers.

A few things that rub me the wrong way about how the company does things are:
-Providing tracking that says the product is on its way but doesn't update saying that it's actually shipped until days after.
-Not providing a tool to remove the back plate to switch plates.
-Unscrewing the nozzles on the IEMs is so hard that I feel like my fingers are going to break when I try to remove them. (edit: only on stock/from factory setup)

All are relatively minor issues for me that have nothing to do with the actual product quality.

These are definitely the real deal sound wise! :)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #2,833 of 17,972
Screwing the nozzles on the IEMs so hard that I feel like my fingers are going to break when I try to remove them.

I found removing the rubber/silicone rings from them helps a lot. If one is then still a little hard to remove I use the leather cable tidy to grip the filters and nozzles. Generally much less finger pain.

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #2,834 of 17,972
I found removing the rubber/silicone rings from them helps a lot. If one is then still a little hard to remove I use the leather cable tidy to grip the filters and nozzles. Generally much less finger pain.
I ended up getting it loose when wrapping my cotton shirt around it. Using the leather cable tidy is a really good idea though. Thank you for the suggestion!

Jun 21, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #2,835 of 17,972
I want to share my iem log of this last month with all of you:

So, i stopped buying iems for a while, last ones i actually thought “i cannot skip em” was edp+ BC and Knight. The change to CNT was actually something i was looking for, i heard the Vega2020 this year and i was blown away by the technology, actually I’m super hyped about Ozar.

To be brief, knight hasn’t arrived yet, I’m looking forward to it, EDP+ is as everyone is calling it, bass lite, however I’m impressed with the quality of the mids and treble, it sounds like it will be something to talk about. Currently red/ red on acoustic tracks and a couple of live recordings gives me the chills.
I got the BC in about a week ago. I used them for a few hours on stock black nozzle/black filter setup and honestly wasn't very impressed. Bass was plentiful but didn't sound right to me. I had some time to go through a few filter setups today and find that grey nozzle/blue filter with spiral dot ++ tips is working great for me. I got the full body goose bumps and my jaw dropped to the floor. These are definitely keepers.

A few things that rub me the wrong way about how the company does things are:
-Providing tracking that says the product is on its way but doesn't update saying that it's actually shipped until days after.
-Not providing a tool to remove the back plate to switch plates.
-Screwing the nozzles on the IEMs so hard that I feel like my fingers are going to break when I try to remove them.

All are relatively minor issues for me that have nothing to do with the actual product quality.

These are definitely the real deal sound wise! :)
BC is what i was expecting though the first days i wasn’t impress either, i thought it was a bit bland, I’m on blue on blue, thinking going red bottom / blue for the sake of clarity, I’m loving em too now, the aten driver has started to rise, and the ADLC CNT driver is adding some serious mids and highs. Impact is great. They do carry some impressive bass weight, must admit that i was biased cause i was using FOCUS EDM iem, which is one bass head huge headphone, it complements the BC thus far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back