Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 14, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,671 of 18,013
Super interested in picture comparison between Rah and BC.
Here you go:

20210614_160102.jpg
20210614_160131.jpg
20210614_160219_HDR.jpg
20210614_160326_HDR.jpg

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #2,672 of 18,013
Nice pics - you can see how much of an advantage the new cable is for those of us with small ears! :)
(I remove the shaping plastic sheath on the earlier cables though and it gives a much better fit)

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #2,675 of 18,013
Any recommendation as to a good DAC to run IMR, also I'm using autoeq profiles using Eq APO, is that good?

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,676 of 18,013
(Avec l'EDP+) En me souvenant que les pilotes à aimant planaire ont tendance à aimer plus de puissance, j'ai sorti mon fidèle ampli casque Necosoundabs très puissant. Encore une fois époustouflé par l'augmentation marquée de la qualité - difficile à expliquer mais la définition et la clarté étaient une autre étape. Lorsque j'ai utilisé des enregistrements « spéciaux » (tels que Kings of Convenience), la qualité est encore plus élevée. Ils répondent très bien aux albums bien maîtrisés. Dépasser les 100 heures de mieux en mieux. Écouter une autre soirée Stoney - Crosby & Nash - La superposition et la séparation 3D ne ressemblent à rien de ce que j'ai entendu auparavant. Chaque guitare et voix a sa propre zone unique et complètement ''délimitée''
Profondément impressionné
with the semper I listened with a DSD file. the naturalness and the details are incredible.

Jun 14, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #2,678 of 18,013
¿Está contento de haber adquirido un producto IMR? ¿Y qué IEM tenías antes?

( With the EDP+) Remembering that planar magnet drivers tend to like more power I got out my trusty very powerful Necosoundabs headphone amp. Again blown away by the marked increase in quality - hard to explain but the definition and clarity was another step up. When I used 'special' recordings (such as Kings of Convenience) The quality leaps ahead even further. They respond really well to well mastered albums. Getting past the 100 hours hours just getting better and better. Listening to Another Stoney Evening - Crosby & Nash - The 3D layering and separation is like nothing Ive heard before. Each guitar and vocal gets their own unique and completely ''roped off area' in the soundstage So you get to hear every minute detail - separate and yet in perfect cohesions with the music as a whole - but in a quality that really reminds me of large Recording Studio monitor speakers
Profoundly impressed
And what about treble extension? I think that it was the weak point of the original EDP. How does it compare with BA treble?

Jun 14, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #2,679 of 18,013
Hey all, got my BCs today. I've been playing with them for 30 minutes, and right out of the box the mids sounded really off. I played with filters, and although I could fix the issue with the mids by switching to pink/pink, it took a lot of the excitement out of the iem. I ended up throwing spiral dots on them which fixed the issue for me. With black/black it sounds very exciting, intimate high end and enormous bass, a little too much as it bleeds into the mids a bit but I bought these to have a fun IEM alongside my A12ts. The mids are still recessed but I expect that from an iem labeled the bass cannon. They sound great. I don't believe in burn in all that much, but if they change sound signature I will let you all know.

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #2,680 of 18,013
Hey all, got my BCs today. I've been playing with them for 30 minutes, and right out of the box the mids sounded really off. I played with filters, and although I could fix the issue with the mids by switching to pink/pink, it took a lot of the excitement out of the iem. I ended up throwing spiral dots on them which fixed the issue for me. With black/black it sounds very exciting, intimate high end and enormous bass, a little too much as it bleeds into the mids a bit but I bought these to have a fun IEM alongside my A12ts. The mids are still recessed but I expect that from an iem labeled the bass cannon. They sound great. I don't believe in burn in all that much, but if they change sound signature I will let you all know.

IMR respond well to tip changes and the supplied ones are generally not a good choice, Azla Sednas also work well.

Now that you have changed tips and gone back to black lower bass, that black is maximum bass in the IEM labelled bass cannon. Whilst immensely fun you may need to lower it lol. As it is the 5th gen Aten you may do well at pink or red lower nozzle and work up. You will probably be changing the filters and nozzles quite a lot until the do in fact break in fully.

You have the Aten driver which is renowned for going through huge changes. If you feel like they are the worst IEM ever just leave them playing for a week then get back to them, like really. We all already know how they change and also many non believers have been here have agreed with the same consensus we have, so we’re just waiting for you to catch up lol. Do let us know absolutely 😁

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #2,681 of 18,013
I don't believe in burn in all that much, but if they change sound signature I will let you all know.
Hey hey, Welcome to the club very few of us belived in burn in until we got an IMR!

Jun 15, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #2,682 of 18,013
Initial impressions Rah vs BC (the same set up - blue/gold):
  • Dat bass! It reaches really low and has such amazing authority. This may be indeed THE basslover IEM.
  • Mids are kinda off as already mentioned by Cactus108 - at the moment these are a bit dry and somehow hollow. Hope that changes in time, although most likely I won't get the creamy and emotional mids as from the planar on Rah
  • Highs are nicely extended and detailed, but surprisingly not piercing
See how the Rah feels with the new cable too.
A bit better, but still not that good as BC. On the other hand BC still fits well with the old cable, so the adjustments are more on the shell's side.

Jun 15, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #2,683 of 18,013
Time for my excited anticipation to begin, just got the tracking number for my Elysium! Royal Mail this time. It's typically been 7 to 10 days once it registers at Heathrow.

Jun 15, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #2,685 of 18,013
Any recommendation as to a good DAC to run IMR, also I'm using autoeq profiles using Eq APO, is that good?
I have the W2 dongle from Luxury and Precision ($299) and it has taken my IMR OM to new heights! I was running them with the Onkyo DP - X1 DAP ($799), but that's sitting collecting dust now. Now I have the ability to enjoy audiophile sound on the go or at home. The output power on them runs 253mW on a balanced 4.4mm, which is more than enough for most IMR iems (exceptions being the planar units).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back