Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 15, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #2,686 of 18,013
Jun 15, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #2,687 of 18,013
Jun 15, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #2,688 of 18,013
Highly recommend everyone try spiral dots as well. Opened up the mids a lot for me.
I really love IMR IEMs and I really dislike the supplied tips. There's a consensus among many of us that wide bore tips work best with IMRs to date. The three that have worked best for me (and several others) are the Azla Sedna they've got a really great firm texture and the wide bore keeps the bass natural and fast while opening the mids and extending the treble. The Tennmak Whirlwinds are very similar. They've got the same size bore but a slightly softer texture and they are a touch shaloower so that the iem fits deeper into the bowl of the ear. They really bring our the full unrestricted fullness and muddy nothing. For those who like foam Tennmak Strong foams are also excellent. They are a dense silicone so they dont muddy the bass, restrict the mids or clip the upper registers and unlike complies, they dont rip or tear and last forever. Everyone I've recommended them to has been pleased and I've had severla PMs from people on various threads thanking me for the post that gave them heads up. They worked really well with the OG EDP and the the RAH. $7 for 6 pairs is worth rolling the dice on them.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #2,689 of 18,013
I really love IMR IEMs and I really dislike the supplied tips. There's a consensus among many of us that wide bore tips work best with IMRs to date. The three that have worked best for me (and several others) are the Azla Sedna they've got a really great firm texture and the wide bore keeps the bass natural and fast while opening the mids and extending the treble. The Tennmak Whirlwinds are very similar. They've got the same size bore but a slightly softer texture and they are a touch shaloower so that the iem fits deeper into the bowl of the ear. They really bring our the full unrestricted fullness and muddy nothing. For those who like foam Tennmak Strong foams are also excellent. They are a dense silicone so they dont muddy the bass, restrict the mids or clip the upper registers and unlike complies, they dont rip or tear and last forever. Everyone I've recommended them to has been pleased and I've had severla PMs from people on various threads thanking me for the post that gave them heads up. They worked really well with the OG EDP and the the RAH. $7 for 6 pairs is worth rolling the dice on them.
You can add cables to the list of supplied items that can be improved upon. I heard rumors of a graphene cable upgrade coming from IMR but it was going to be expensive so I'm not sure where they're at with that.

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #2,690 of 18,013
I have the W2 dongle from Luxury and Precision ($299) and it has taken my IMR OM to new heights! I was running them with the Onkyo DP - X1 DAP ($799), but that's sitting collecting dust now. Now I have the ability to enjoy audiophile sound on the go or at home. The output power on them runs 253mW on a balanced 4.4mm, which is more than enough for most IMR iems (exceptions being the planar units).
I got the W2 so I will try the EDP+ and astra on it as soon as i get them. Meanwhile I don't remember using the ATEN or PB2 on the w2, will try later, thanks for the tip!!

Jun 15, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #2,691 of 18,013
You can add cables to the list of supplied items that can be improved upon. I heard rumors of a graphene cable upgrade coming from IMR but it was going to be expensive so I'm not sure where they're at with that.
both the 4 core and 8 graphene cable from XINHS on Ali work really well with the RAH and EDP - tight bass greater extenion in the treble. It took the EDP up a notch.

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #2,692 of 18,013

Tennmak foams have been the key to make Semper’s treble palatable for me at last.
They really make them shine with silver nozzle and blue filter. Highly recommended for sure.

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #2,694 of 18,013
Ive been using NewBee foam tips with all my IMR's - firm quality foam that are 99% of time my go too tips now :)

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #2,695 of 18,013
Just received the EDP+ in Spain (luckily no customs duties!) and playing with filter and nozzle combos. I know it is required at least 150 h burn-in, but treble extension is not good (as compared with my BA IEMs). Tested with grey nozzle and blue filter (top) as suggested by Bob for mids and detail retrieval. Not impressed at all at this moment, except for bass. Tested Azla Xelastec eartips and also original foam eartips. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #2,696 of 18,013
Just received the EDP+ in Spain (luckily no customs duties!) and playing with filter and nozzle combos. I know it is required at least 150 h burn-in, but treble extension is not good (as compared with my BA IEMs). Tested with blue nozzle and grey filter as suggested by Bob for mids and detail retrieval. Not impressed at all at this moment, except for bass. Tested Azla Xelastec eartips and also original foam eartips. Any suggestions?
You really cant judge the sound straight out of the box!
first big change comes between 25-30 hours - In general I stick with most balanced red/red to begin with and tweak from there

Depends what you mean by treble extension as well. In general planar gives you a smooth warm-ish detailed sound
The ADLC/CNT driver is capable fo giving an incredible frequency range so your right but I would actually give them 300 hours before making any final judgments

Mine are now in the 100+ hour stage of burn as weirdly, as with all my previous IMR's they are not sounding so good any more (Bob had the same experience!!) In fact he thought there was something wrong with his!! but more hours or burn in / use completely transformed the sound

Stick with it - Planar drivers can take a long time to fully wake up and the ADLC/CNT are made of very rigid
material which again takes a long time to warm up and settle in
DOnt worry ! :)

Also, for me BA treble seems quite something but I never found a BA that gave a natural true to life sound. they all have something subtly not quite right
Why I prefer dynamic drivers - It does take to get used the difference when from BA to Dynamic and vice versa
You can trust in Bob's tuning but it may take some time before the EDP+ fully wake up and reveal all they can be

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #2,697 of 18,013
You really cant judge the sound straight out of the box!
first big change comes between 25-30 hours - In general I stick with most balanced red/red to begin with and tweak from there

Depends what you mean by treble extension as well. In general planar gives you a smooth warm-ish detailed sound
The ADLC/CNT driver is capable fo giving an incredible frequency range so your right but I would actually give them 300 hours before making any final judgments

Mine are now in the 100+ hour stage of burn as weirdly, as with all my previous IMR's they are not sounding so good any more (Bob had the same experience!!) In fact he thought there was something wrong with his!! but more hours or burn in / use completely transformed the sound

Stick with it - Planar drivers can take a long time to fully wake up and the ADLC/CNT are made of very rigid
material which again takes a long time to warm up and settle in
DOnt worry ! :)

Also, for me BA treble seems quite something but I never found a BA that gave a natural true to life sound. they all have something subtly not quite right
Why I prefer dynamic drivers - It does take to get used the difference when from BA to Dynamic and vice versa
You can trust in Bob's tuning but it may take some time before the EDP+ fully wake up and reveal all they can be
Thank you, I will have to be very patient with the burn In of my EDP+. By the way, I have ordered the XINHS graphene balanced cable mentioned here, in order to improve treble and resolution.

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,698 of 18,013
Tennmak foams have been the key to make Semper’s treble palatable for me at last.
They really make them shine with silver nozzle and blue filter. Highly recommended for sure.
Do the other filters not do their job well enough for you that you look for external ways to tame the treble?

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,699 of 18,013
Thank you, I will have to be very patient with the burn In of my EDP+. By the way, I have ordered the XINHS graphene balanced cable mentioned here, in order to improve treble and resolution.

nice, Im still trying to pay for my IEMs otherwise I would buy one of those cables myself!!
Looking forward to hearing what changes you hear related to the stock cable :)

Another quick point
These latest IMR's are tuned to give a very high quality of realism. Many IEM's / headphones out there are tuned to impress or tuned in such a way that you get a certain 'wow' factor. Which whilst great initially have no lasting power to keep you comfortably engaged
Its possible that a more true to life sounding, more realistic, quality IEM may take a bit longer for people to really begin to appreciate
Nothing of any profound quality tends to initially blow you away. i often find over time as I listen to more and more albums I start to hear how well an IEM performs and my appreciation grows

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #2,700 of 18,013
Received my BC this afternoon. It took just 3 days to arrive in SG upon leaving UK. The quickest delivery since into IMR.

Impressive right OOTB. First impression a very clear natural sounding IEM with no sonic harshness. Thereupon, with no fitting discomfort sucked into several hours of immersive listening. I had to say the most quietest and non fatiguing pure bass lovers IEM I heard thus far.

Precise impactful and weighty bass with excellent sub-bass lines. Details in the midrange plentiful, and most surprising was how the hell Bob aces those upper frequencies to be really crisp and articulate. Vocal range as usual for most IMR is always special to me. Soundstage at this stage is just behind Semper.

Bob had again implemented and delivered what he said about the overall SQ of BC during our conversation and indicated in his sales descriptions.

Really happy to add this gem to my IMR collections, and let’s observed how it will mature during the burn-in stages.

Albums used ZZ Top Recycler, Uriah Heep Salisbury, Black Label Society The Song Remains Not The Same, Lep Zep Lep Zep1, Metallica Master of Puppets.

On Black nozzle blue filter and Comply T600 L thru my wonderful setup that has been giving me a new lease of audio satisfaction and enjoyment lately.
2C88DEC2-F058-449B-BD98-C72E0EB74D6A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back