• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 12, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #2,643 of 18,115
Bigger and better is my desire.

I imagined the bone conduction to give this experience.

I wish the Elan to be as per your descriptors of experience. Maybe it will be that and more, hard to say as you have planar in EDP+ and Elan has bone conduction.

Is the EDP+ the same Semper planar or another new one?
Have you spoken to Bob regarding the Elan at all, i have not been intouch with him since the Semper as i knew i couldn't buy any of the new ones so i figured best to not take his time but i am hoping i can get the Elan.
Thats kinda what Im expecting from bone driver as well!

I think its the ADLC/driver that is the magic so i reckon the Elan will be easily as special
Im thinking the planar is more about the quality of the mids? Its an updated planar in the EDP+

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #2,644 of 18,115
which dac / dap are you listening to?
Sony WM1A - https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1a/specifications#features
I was listening to vinyl rip 24/96
Its a bit embarrassing but I feel like have a bit of an audiotorial advantage listening to music with this DAP in terms of what I am hearing. I mean in the sense that its a genuine 'end-game' DAP. The quality of the audio is beyond any other DAP Ive owned or heard. I dont know how Sony tuned their DAC chip but it is stunning.
If someone is on an 'Audiophile journey' then once you find the 'best' IEM or headphone for you then you need to pair it with the best possible Source.
Ive heard a few people say that after getting the Sony WM1A they felt no need to search further.
It is horribly expensive but its worth every penny

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #2,645 of 18,115
Sony WM1A - https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/walkman/nw-wm1a/specifications#features
I was listening to vinyl rip 24/96
Its a bit embarrassing but I feel like have a bit of an audiotorial advantage listening to music with this DAP in terms of what I am hearing. I mean in the sense that its a genuine 'end-game' DAP. The quality of the audio is beyond any other DAP Ive owned or heard. I dont know how Sony tuned their DAC chip but it is stunning.
If someone is on an 'Audiophile journey' then once you find the 'best' IEM or headphone for you then you need to pair it with the best possible Source.
Ive heard a few people say that after getting the Sony WM1A they felt no need to search further.
It is horribly expensive but its worth every penny
it makes you want. at the sonic level, it must be excellent. and for the battery, it is exceptional. it just lacks android comfort.

Is it a warm dap?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #2,646 of 18,115
are you happy to have acquired an IMR product? And what IEM did you have before?
I’m impressed so far and enjoyed the fun with filters however if the sound changes I could be going through the process again ha! I have a few decent IEMs, a&k t9ie, acoustune HS1657CU and Fearless Audio S8Z. For the money the EDP+ is doing well and against stiff competition so it will be interesting if the sound continues to improve.

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #2,647 of 18,115
Thats kinda what Im expecting from bone driver as well!

I think its the ADLC/driver that is the magic so i reckon the Elan will be easily as special
Im thinking the planar is more about the quality of the mids? Its an updated planar in the EDP+

As the language was slightly ambiguous for the EDP+, i interpreted it as an updated planar compared to the EDP and not another updated planar, so i assumed it was the semper planar which to be honest was pretty amazing in the short time i owned the semper. It was easily the best so far in IMR planar. The quality of the mids was outstanding in semper and i described them as being of EDP quality but with an overall sound signature of Opus Mia. So if the EDP+ has semper mids plus the bass as you describe then im hoping Elan will have even better bass more akin to the IMR sound, then the bone conduction giving that immersion into the scene all biased more towards electronic music rather than how i perceive EDP+ to be biased towards live music and more 'Audiophile' typical music as for that i am more than happy with the PB1. I only need sufficient for that but for electronic music is where i am looking for the ultimate.

What i really wish to know and this is trivial as hell, are the Elan and Ozar black as per the image of them in the guys ears who is singing on the mic because they are both photoshopped but the other images they appear grey and will the screws be red on Elan, because that is a seriously sick look.
Which IEM's have the new style curved cable connector. If the Elan is black it needs the curved connector in black too, then the other cabe i could use on my PB1 which are black and it would probably fix my fit issue with PB1 and then i don't need to reshell it.
I still want the Ultra Elan+ though.
Bob please update your site with the info.

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,648 of 18,115
it makes you want. at the sonic level, it must be excellent. and for the battery, it is exceptional. it just lacks android comfort.

Is it a warm dap?
The battery length is a huge advantage. Most of my audio is 24/96-192 and DSD so I really need it!!
However there is a small caveat in that it not as powerful as it could be so 600ohm headphones work fine but not quite enough.
Im a bit of a purist so there is nothing missing for me.
Im not sure I would call it warm exactly - certainly full bodied and rich but also exquisitely detailed and refined
You can change and load custom firmwares though so can find your perfect sound signature.
Its difficult to explain exactly how it is SO good but when I use some other DAPs and go back to the Sony it is apparent...I still enjoy other DAPS but I think there is something in the realism of the Sony which is what sets it apart.
I think though that that is what you pay the big bucks for - realsim?

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #2,649 of 18,115
Its difficult to explain exactly how it is SO good but when I use some other DAPs and go back to the Sony it is apparent...I still enjoy other DAPS but I think there is something in the realism of the Sony which is what sets it apart.

Stick to analogies and your explanations will become much easier.

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,650 of 18,115
The quality of the mids was outstanding in semper and i described them as being of EDP quality but with an overall sound signature of Opus Mia. So if the EDP+ has semper mids plus the bass as you describe then im hoping Elan will have even better bass more akin to the IMR sound, then the bone conduction giving that immersion into the scene all biased more towards electronic music rather than how i perceive EDP+ to be biased towards live music and more 'Audiophile' typical music as for that i am more than happy with the PB1. I only need sufficient for that but for electronic music is where i am looking for the ultimate.

TBH, I dont know what the planar is doing in relation to the ADLC/CNT :/
I tried some electronic music and was super impressed - I wont go of into another rant but the quality was....

Anyway, when my EDP+ are burnt in and when the Astra has arrived maybe I can send them down to you for a week or 2 and you can hear for self...if that's helpful ?

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,651 of 18,115
Stick to analogies and your explanations will become much easier.
:D - 'Other' Daps are like watching a TV show - A very good approximation of a situation
The Sony is like being on set in person
I guess the key word is 'realsim'

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #2,652 of 18,115
TBH, I dont know what the planar is doing in relation to the ADLC/CNT :/
I tried some electronic music and was super impressed - I wont go of into another rant but the quality was....

Anyway, when my EDP+ are burnt in and when the Astra has arrived maybe I can send them down to you for a week or 2 and you can hear for self...if that's helpful ?

Probably the only time i wish for you to go into further detail as it is regarding electronic music and you refuse lol ROFLLMAO, i guess i settle with super impressed as enough said/say no more fam i got you lol.

At this rate i will have all the collection again as i have received a similar offer for some of the others too. Maybe, perhaps i have not decided if i wish to take up the generous offers, it may get expensive spending money i don't have with Bob.

You said the Red were your favourite, they are my least used, what filter combo do you use on those? So i can align how you listen to what you say when speaking about what you hear.

I also wonder how the open and closed backs differ but what i am speaking of is, i did swap the Red and Aten backs with each other to try them out, neither of them improved for the better, so what would change in a design to allow the open and closed backs of the same IEM that did not happen with the same shell but different drivers.

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,653 of 18,115
:D - 'Other' Daps are like watching a TV show - A very good approximation of a situation
The Sony is like being on set in person
I guess the key word is 'realsim'

Ha you lost me at realism, i thought here we go again with another audiophile trying to be more audiophile to out do the next audiophile lol. Dumbed down to TV vs On set i can deal with lol. The time was taken to elaborate in non sensical terms.
(Looks up Realism definition - like watching a TV show vs like being on set in person) Damn stupid english language.

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #2,654 of 18,115
Probably the only time i wish for you to go into further detail as it is regarding electronic music and you refuse lol ROFLLMAO, i guess i settle with super impressed as enough said/say no more fam i got you lol.

At this rate i will have all the collection again as i have received a similar offer for some of the others too. Maybe, perhaps i have not decided if i wish to take up the generous offers, it may get expensive spending money i don't have with Bob.

You said the Red were your favourite, they are my least used, what filter combo do you use on those? So i can align how you listen to what you say when speaking about what you hear.

I also wonder how the open and closed backs differ but what i am speaking of is, i did swap the Red and Aten backs with each other to try them out, neither of them improved for the better, so what would change in a design to allow the open and closed backs of the same IEM that did not happen with the same shell but different drivers.

:D I listen to all kinds of music when Im evaluating - With electronica I was quite surprised at how much the quality of the music seemed to be super ramped up. Because its . . .well . . .electronic - the purity and HD super hires sounding quality of it was amazing
These 2 were just goosebump inducing - They have never sounded so 'real'?
I'll have to think about it more - its tricky to express the glossy, creamy, smooth bite, blance etc etc of electronica with the EDP+
You would love them though - No doubt!

Glitch mob

Arthur Bax

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back