Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 6, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #2,341 of 18,128
After the Semper I bought no less than 4 IEMs, they are all expensive. The Legend X and Dorado are yet to be delivered. I received the VE Elysium today.
All I can say is, going through these IEMs, comparing the MEST, Elysium, Solaris and Semper, how special of an IEM Semper is. I don't know is the tuning the Planar driver or I don't know what, but the emotional engagement factor is off the charts with this IEM. I feel lucky to own one.
I hope EDP+ delivers same kind of sound minus the occasional treble hotness and sibilance.
Of all the IEM's you own, how would you rank the Semper? I have the OM and I'm eyeing the Mest II next but I could be swayed otherwise :wink:

May 6, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #2,342 of 18,128
Of all the IEM's you own, how would you rank the Semper? I have the OM and I'm eyeing the Mest II next but I could be swayed otherwise :wink:
It's a hard question to answer. It all depends on the music and personal preferences really.

I would say the Semper, for me at least, works best with blues, classic rock and rap. The vocals and electric guitars sound incredible on them. The bass is amazing too. Similar to OM , but a bit more quantity.
The MEST, mine is the OG, does EDM and modern music very well. Imaging and soundstage is its strong points. Bass is of high quality too and has good amount of subbass.
The Solaris is more balanced, has more prominent mids.Nice punchy bass but lower quantity vs the MEST. It sounds more analogue and natural compared to the MEST. It's quite holographic and the stage is very wide and enveloping overall. Works well with a lot of genres.
With the Elysium I haven't spent much time yet. But so far I can say the midrange is sublime . Natural instrumental timbre, cohesive and refined sound, engaging vocals. Stage a bit narrower and it's a single BA bass with less quantity compared to others but with good texture and clarity. It also works with a lot genres IMO. More so with classical, singer songwriter, metal and jazz I think.
That's all I can think of now, hope that helps.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #2,343 of 18,128
It's a hard question to answer. It all depends on the music and personal preferences really.

I would say the Semper, for me at least, works best with blues, classic rock and rap. The vocals and electric guitars sound incredible on them. The bass is amazing too. Similar to OM , but a bit more quantity.
The MEST, mine is the OG, does EDM and modern music very well. Imaging and soundstage is its strong points. Bass is of high quality too and has good amount of subbass.
The Solaris is more balanced, more mid centric, nice punchy bass but lower quantity to the MEST. It sounds more analogue and natural compared to the MEST. It's quite holographic and the stage is very wide and enveloping overall. Works well with a lot of genres.
With the Elysium I haven't spent much time yet. But so far I can say the midrange is sublime . Natural instrumental timbre, cohesive and refined sound, engaging vocals. Stage a bit narrower and it's a single BA bass with quantity to others bit with good texture and clarity. It works with a lot genres IMO. More so with classical, singer songwriter, metal and jazz I think.
That's all I can think of now, hope that helps.
Thanks for this! Would you say that the Semper does bass the best?

May 6, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #2,344 of 18,128
Thanks for this! Would you say that the Semper does bass the best?
Semper can be a bass monster, lol . I'm using the green nozzle and it still moves more air than all of them. For me it's the most satisfying out of all .

May 6, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #2,345 of 18,128
According to my EDP+ invoice -ordered from Spain-, taxes are excluded (I assume they correspond to UK VAT).

Order IMR4151 confirmed.png
How do you know that it is excluding VAT? if you enter an address in UK, the amount will remain the same

May 7, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #2,346 of 18,128
Semper can be a bass monster, lol . I'm using the green nozzle and it still moves more air than all of them. For me it's the most satisfying out of all .
Which filter do you use on the green nozzle?

May 7, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #2,349 of 18,128
Yeah, i see where you are going. You’d better contact IRM support as others have already recommended you.
I did well to insist on this problem. I received an email from Bob where he admits that there is indeed a problem with tax calculation. The prices in the website include UK tax, which means that we will pay 2 taxes if we live outside of the UK

May 7, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #2,350 of 18,128
I did well to insist on this problem. I received an email from Bob where he admits that there is indeed a problem with tax calculation. The prices in the website include UK tax, which means that we will pay 2 taxes if we live outside of the UK
He should fix it then.

May 7, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #2,351 of 18,128
He should fix it then.
Not "he should fix it". He must fix it - If that's the case, that also means that everybody outside the UK who ordered has paid UK tax on an item for which we should be exempt because it's an export of the UK and we all need to be refunded the tax amount. It also means we outside the UK paid UK VAT on all our previous purchases. This is going to be a big problem and it needs to be addressed. I believe it's unintentional but this is a can of worms.. . .....

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #2,352 of 18,128
It’s a new problem then, thanks for bringing it to our attention and Bob’s. On the latest round of iems I saw there was a price difference between UK and the rest of the world. Does that mean the Elan should be cheaper than £600 in my cart since I’m in the EU?

May 7, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #2,353 of 18,128
It’s a new problem then, thanks for bringing it to our attention and Bob’s. On the latest round of iems I saw there was a price difference between UK and the rest of the world. Does that mean the Elan should be cheaper than £600 in my cart since I’m in the EU?
Yes since first of January 2021, Brexit has become effective. This means that UK tax should not be applied on all goods exported outside of UK, including EU. What I noticed is that the prices did not change on the website after first Jan and they were all rounded, which is weird if they do not include UK tax
Regarding your question: yes you will purchase Elan at 600GBP - 20%, but don't forget that you will have to pay customs fees in your country which include VAT

Last edited:
May 7, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #2,354 of 18,128
I guess a temporary solution would be to agree an order over e-mail with IMR and have Bob issue you an invoice over PayPal for the right amount.

May 7, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #2,355 of 18,128
For those of you in the Euro Zone, everything changed Jan 1 2021 so you are only affected on these recent orders. Previously the price included VAT for UK residents and Euro Residents alike. BUT for those of us in N America, S America, Africa, and Austral-Asia we should have never been subject to VAT as they were exports outside the Eurozone. But it now seems we were in fact charged VAT on all those purchases as well. I stopped buying from Audio Concierge because of this. They were charging me the the same price in Canada as they were charging their UK customers and that was just plain wrong. So there is going to have to be some book keeping and book cleaning to address this. I love Bob, I dont believe there is anything intentional here. But taxes not owed should not be charged and taxes not owed but paid need to be refunded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back