• Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 31, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,681 of 17,972
Why don’t you wait new models?

1205679C-B66A-4751-BDC6-75CCD9873A3C.jpeg

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #1,682 of 17,972
Ok so I have a bit of a confession to make. I’m using Tidal Master through an iPhone X
I know. Blapshemy right?

Not really no, IMR sound fantastic on Iphones but even more can be gained with DAC's and amplifiers, Are you using a lightning to 3.5mm adaptor or a piggyback DAC/amp or a bluetooth adaptor?

The PB1 with planar is fantastic and in my top 2 of IMR, in 10 days we will have further details on the new models, the new EDP+ may be worth a go to give planar a try out.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #1,684 of 17,972
Not really no, IMR sound fantastic on Iphones but even more can be gained with DAC's and amplifiers, Are you using a lightning to 3.5mm adaptor or a piggyback DAC/amp or a bluetooth adaptor?

The PB1 with planar is fantastic and in my top 2 of IMR, in 10 days we will have further details on the new models, the new EDP+ may be worth a go to give planar a try out.

Using adapter so get the maximum output bitrate I think :)

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,685 of 17,972
Using adapter so get the maximum output bitrate I think :)

I mean i use youtube for music so bit rate is not my concern lol, have a look at something like the Fiio Q3 for a piggyback DAC/Amp, fiio BTR5 for a bluetooth adaptor and portable PC DAC, both great choices without breaking the bank, that way you can still use iphone as source but get some gains, plus there are a lot more options that many could suggest.

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #1,686 of 17,972
I mean i use youtube for music so bit rate is not my concern lol, have a look at something like the Fiio Q3 for a piggyback DAC/Amp, fiio BTR5 for a bluetooth adaptor and portable PC DAC, both great choices without breaking the bank, that way you can still use iphone as source but get some gains, plus there are a lot more options that many could suggest.
Wow thanks so much :)
I’m such a mess because now I’ve ordered the PB2 and keep thinking oh no what if I don’t like them :frowning2:
But will give them at least 200 hours burn in before assessing anything or messing with filters.
would you guys say that playing brown noise at a fairly loud volume is a decent burn-in method?

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #1,688 of 17,972
Wow thanks so much :)
I’m such a mess because now I’ve ordered the PB2 and keep thinking oh no what if I don’t like them :frowning2:
But will give them at least 200 hours burn in before assessing anything or messing with filters.
would you guys say that playing brown noise at a fairly loud volume is a decent burn-in method?
Whenever I need to burn in something, I just let it play regular music. None of those newfangled new-age artsy-fartsy relaxation noises.

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #1,689 of 17,972
I would wait but then again it would be a few months of research and tbh I just need something to match or better my SE846 set. I’m selling them on at some point.
No shame on tidal on iPhone, I used to take my zx300 everyday to work and download a ton of music. Nowadays I use Spotify and whatever dongle or sometimes qudelix 5k to stream, I only use my dap’s at home and still, this days are so hectic that I can barely sit down to enjoy an album besides I’m catching up with attack on titan so... sorry Steven Wilson, the future bites will have to wait.

tbh, I would not sell that 846, whatever you get,that pair is a legend.

About the 2k/ 4K peak on pb2, dude... I know... it’s a damn pain, the best solution I found: stock tips and Sony triple comforts, they have the zenith effect, where nozzle is pushed further and some higher frequencies are not as annoying.

zenith at around 600 hours had settle... hahaha or I have brain burn in from it.

lm listening btbam ”automata 2” Through iOS, mojo, Blanche, pb2. The mojo is simply one of the best dacs you can get, period. It makes everything go to 11, only caveat is the battery :frowning2: I got it second hand for really cheap, but getting a new battery has been ... baffling... answers from various sources have ranged from “we don’t do international shipping” to simply “we don’t sell it” “-but you kinda... sell this product...” “yes we do... send it to the uk and we’ll change it” “-shipping and battery will cost me the same as buying a new one” “well... then buy a new one” “-wow... what a cont” (there should be a u in there...)

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #1,690 of 17,972
No shame on tidal on iPhone, I used to take my zx300 everyday to work and download a ton of music. Nowadays I use Spotify and whatever dongle or sometimes qudelix 5k to stream, I only use my dap’s at home and still, this days are so hectic that I can barely sit down to enjoy an album besides I’m catching up with attack on titan so... sorry Steven Wilson, the future bites will have to wait.

tbh, I would not sell that 846, whatever you get,that pair is a legend.

About the 2k/ 4K peak on pb2, dude... I know... it’s a damn pain, the best solution I found: stock tips and Sony triple comforts, they have the zenith effect, where nozzle is pushed further and some higher frequencies are not as annoying.

zenith at around 600 hours had settle... hahaha or I have brain burn in from it.

lm listening btbam ”automata 2” Through iOS, mojo, Blanche, pb2. The mojo is simply one of the best dacs you can get, period. It makes everything go to 11, only caveat is the battery :frowning2: I got it second hand for really cheap, but getting a new battery has been ... baffling... answers from various sources have ranged from “we don’t do international shipping” to simply “we don’t sell it” “-but you kinda... sell this product...” “yes we do... send it to the uk and we’ll change it” “-shipping and battery will cost me the same as buying a new one” “well... then buy a new one” “-wow... what a cont” (there should be a u in there...)
Hahahaha. Hey thanks man, I mean in terms of the 2k and 4k peaks, I guess I’ll find out soon enough if I can pick it up or not as a bad thing. I quite like sharp and bright mid and treble regions. My thirst for bass has definitely lessened to wanting something I can feel the punch of but not necessarily wobble my head.
For example, on my New Aten set, my perfect setup is Purple bass nozzle and Gold or Green filter.

I’ll definitely post my journey with the PB2 on here. And also will take your advice and hang on to 846 for now :)

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #1,692 of 17,972
I like Sedna but I’d prefer something thicker on mids but without tame highs and bass...
I listen with grey nozzles and green filters.
If you are stiil exploring for tips, i suggest you take a look on amazon.it for d-xcessor silicon tips. They are very cheap so i've ordered 'em for testing. At first look they seemed slightly stiff, but after some hours of use they are now perfect for my ears. Seal is very good, wearing fatigue is totally absent and...... i'm back in love with my Orions. Only 1 BA driver? Unbelievable when paired with these tips.image.jpeg 😄😄😄👍🏻

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #1,693 of 17,972
I found it necessary to use the Gold filters to reduce the 8kHz spike I've been hearing. I wish I had done it sooner.

I have settled on Pink or Silver bass nozzles. Pink for crazy bass. Silver for transparency.

And Gold filter to be necessary reduce the 8Khz spike regardless of bass nozzle used.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,694 of 17,972
If you are stiil exploring for tips, i suggest you take a look on amazon.it for d-xcessor silicon tips. They are very cheap so i've ordered 'em for testing. At first look they seemed slightly stiff, but after some hours of use they are now perfect for my ears. Seal is very good, wearing fatigue is totally absent and...... i'm back in love with my Orions. Only 1 BA driver? Unbelievable when paired with these tips.image.jpeg 😄😄😄👍🏻
@Ludwig1968 i didn’t find on Amazon, could you link me please?

Jan 31, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,695 of 17,972
Any news/pictures about he look of the new IMRs?
The same shell as OM, Semper.... Or a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back