IMR Acoustics IMR-R1?
Aug 19, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 25
For those who are interested, this is Bob's new solo venture after parting ways with Trinity. I don't know the full story behind it (yet) as I haven't spoken to him properly, but I have been sent a preproduction model of the IMS-R1 from him for a week's loaner, so I can write up some impressions and comparisons versus other IEMs I currently have in my possession (including the Trinity Hunter) and try and give some impartial feedback on the sound for anyone considering these.

Initial impressions should be up at some point in the next few days.

Aug 26, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #17 of 25
For those who are interested, this is Bob's new solo venture after parting ways with Trinity.

If that's the case, what gives him the right (as others have stated) to use the email addresses of trinity customers. Do trinity know this? I'd be surprised if they are cool with that. I sure as hell am not. Stay out of my inbox please 'Bob'.

Aug 26, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #18 of 25
I find it very interesting that both companies are located in the same building, share the same distribution list of our emails and both use Shopify with the same IP address as posted but one member in the Trinity thread.
I know Bob insisted it's his own venture and they are two completely separate entities.

Personally, I have my opinion about this whole thing, and definitely not impressed with my email address being shared.

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 25
For those who are interested, this is Bob's new solo venture after parting ways with Trinity. I don't know the full story behind it (yet) as I haven't spoken to him properly, but I have been sent a preproduction model of the IMS-R1 from him for a week's loaner, so I can write up some impressions and comparisons versus other IEMs I currently have in my possession (including the Trinity Hunter) and try and give some impartial feedback on the sound for anyone considering these.

Initial impressions should be up at some point in the next few days.

Any updates you can add? Have you heard these iems?

Jan 21, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 25
I posted a review a few months back on Audio Primate - just search for "IMR R1Audio Primate" on Google and you should be able to find it.

Also, a few members of the "IEM/Earbud Lounge" thread have bought these now, so a few impressions have been posted up on there in the last two weeks.

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 25
Just got mine OOTB... SPECTACULAR sound! Running them with Symbio tips, fuchsia filter and vents open. About the same sound signature as my B&W P9s. Perfect for all popular genres. Rocking out to deadmau5 and Pearl Jam for break-in...

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #22 of 25
Nice to see these are slowly starting to gain traction with people - great sounding IEM for the price.

Feb 1, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #23 of 25
Nice to see these are slowly starting to gain traction with people - great sounding IEM for the price.
Once these get discovered, Bob won't be able to keep with the demand. The tuning you can get with the filters is extremely well done. And the vent is neat... Want air? Open the vent. It's like ten $800 IEMs for the price of one:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back